boards.ie Mobile
Page 469 of 469
« First < 369419459467468469
After Hours>Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!
freshpopcorn 20:14 Yesterday
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades!:
Of course.

But there's a big difference in being unable to guarantee an optimal upbringing, and going out of your way (in fact, spending money) to deprive a child of that upbringing.

Just look at the homelessness crisis. We're spending more money to put families in temporary, chaotic accommodation than it would cost to provide them with a home.
So, what do you think the government should do?
They've pumped loads of money in education in the last few decades. Kids get access to SNA, resource hours, get laptops/iPads when required, they are homework groups/clubs and in second level these are there to align with LCA and youth reach if the traditional leaving cert wasn't for you.
We've seen houses thrown back in the govemrents face in the last year because they weren't good enough.
They government are doing more than ever to help members of the travelling community yo get an education.
They even provide allounces for books and uniforms.
They only other options would be to pay people attend school or fine people harshly for non attendance.
[Quote] [Thank]
A Tyrant Named Miltiades! 20:20 Yesterday
Originally Posted by freshpopcorn:
So, what do you think the government should do?
Don't be asking me such easy questions.

1) Provide halting sites which are capable of accommodating families -we have vast amounts of academic research publications describing how well children do, when surrounded by their families.

2) Fund homework clubs and other extra-mural student supports for travellers and other non-traditional CAO applicants.

None of this should cost more than about 30-45 million, it would make a phenomenal difference to our society, and yet most of our politicians show zero interest.
[Quote] [Thank]
Kivaro 20:22 Yesterday (3 Thanks)
Righty-O.
You are going on "mute".
[Quote] [Thank]
freshpopcorn 20:27 Yesterday (5 Thanks)

1) Provide halting sites which are capable of accommodating families -we have vast amounts of academic research publications describing how well children do, when surrounded by their families.

2) Fund homework clubs and other extra-mural student supports for travellers and other non-traditional CAO applicants.

None of this should cost more than about 30-45 million, it would make a phenomenal difference to our society, and yet most of our politicians show zero interest.
1) They often do this but all this turning down houses/sites over horses has to be stopped. It's happened in Cork and Thurles.
2) They are loads of schools with homework clubs and external groups in place at the moment of course they could have more.
No issue with courses being provided. There's a large range of PLC courses at the moment. It's important tough that courses have some hope of getting you into employment.
[Quote] [Thank]
deaddonkey15 20:33 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Kivaro:
Righty-O.
You are going on "mute".
I haven't come across a mod that's so obviously on a wind-up in a thread before. His initial post calling other posters idiots didn't even get carded. Pointless engaging with someone like him.
[Quote] [Thank]
corks finest 20:34 Yesterday
Originally Posted by BBFAN:
Originally Posted by corks finest:
You may laugh,be amazed ,or call me a liar,at Scoil an spioraid naoimh bishoptown, when my son attended, school provided( 3 years) 2 taxis to and from school to campsite off the straight road cork,this changed to a wait for it. LIMO ,excuse that it was cheaper as there were another few traveller kids needed to attend,( at the time I was traveling 13 miles each way,,I was bloody incensed- I questioned the vice head,now principal,( Brian Cuthbert- ex Cork football coach)and was told no comment,it was aired on Red FM who also couldn't get a comment from the school,I went with a video cam stood opposite the entrance to the site, captured every vehicle leaving and entering ,back to the school - still no joy,my point was I was driving a 11 ye old banger yet still made it to school,yet all the travellers vehicles were much newer than mine and they couldn't be bothered to bring their kids on the 10 m drive to school,,,,crazy stuff,this has now stopped AFAIK,100 percent true,pm me anyone who doesent believe me,,,,
Can't even read that crap.
Won't you mean,pm I'll give u a number,or better still contact red FM
[Quote] [Thank]
normanoffside 20:39 Yesterday (4 Thanks)

What does this even mean?
Are Traveller children not completely surrounded by their families and extended families already? Much more than any other group of society who tend to have working parents and tend not to live with their extended family as neighbours.

According to your own point, Traveller kids should be the highest achievers in Ireland.
[Quote] [Thank]
Jerichoholic 23:33 Yesterday
Originally Posted by normanoffside:
What does this even mean?
Are Traveller children not completely surrounded by their families and extended families already? Much more than any other group of society who tend to have working parents and tend not to live with their extended family as neighbours.

According to your own point, Traveller kids should be the highest achievers in Ireland.
They are taught how to steal and scam to the highest possible level.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 469 of 469
« First < 369419459467468469

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet