boards.ie Mobile
Page 318 of 318
« First < 218268308316317318
Politics>Brexit discussion thread VII (Please read OP before posting)
Spanish Eyes 23:12 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by mafc:
Grieve is a Tory MP

He did say last night that if no deal went through that he would resign from the Conservative Party
Well that is not right. He needs to stop a No Deal by any means at his disposal before the event.

Wimp if so, I expected more from him.
[Quote] [Thank]
Strazdas 23:22 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Water John:
Great to watch Emily Sheffield taking Brendan O'Neill to task on Sky News Press Preview. Calling him out every time he states some thing as fact when it's only his opinion.
The guy is a political extremist, probably further out to the edges than Nigel Farage. I haven't the faintest clue why Sky News would invite a person like that to review the papers.
[Quote] [Thank]
boggerman1 23:32 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Strazdas:
The guy is a political extremist, probably further out to the edges than Nigel Farage. I haven't the faintest clue why Sky News would invite a person like that to review the papers.
He's dunphy's new go to guy on his podcasts.once I saw Andrew Maxwell tare him a new one on the politics show on the beeb I know he was nuts
[Quote] [Thank]
MrMusician18 23:46 Yesterday
Originally Posted by mafc:
Grieve is a Tory MP

He did say last night that if no deal went through that he would resign from the Conservative Party
I think what he said was that if the government were going to pursue no deal then he would resign the whip to oppose it.
[Quote] [Thank]
Enzokk 23:48 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Strazdas:

He does go on and on about how taking no-deal off the table will be a blow to the negotiations. But surely they have ended the negotiations already and there really is no reason why they should be keeping it as an option?

I will say that he was shown to be very sneaky when he supposed that no-deal should be on there as a negotiation tactic and it shouldn't be removed for that reason, when in fact he is of the opinion that leaving without a deal is the preferred option and not a lot of bad things will happen if they do leave without a deal. So it is in his interest to not have it taken off the table by MPs and he is thus only using the excuse of it still being a negotiation as a reason not to get rid of it instead of it being his preferred option.

Here is a link for youtube for the live feed, you can scroll back to when the paper review started and have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrX6ktLg8WQ
[Quote] [Thank]
downcow 23:49 Yesterday
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady:
Seen Grieve on Newsnight (I think) last night and he was non committal on defecting to the Independent Group.
I love their name. ‘Independent Group’ It’s like a ‘married bachelor’.
[Quote] [Thank]
FrancieBrady 23:54 Yesterday
Originally Posted by downcow:
I love their name. ‘Independent Group’ It’s like a ‘married bachelor’.
Well it does make sense. They are not a political party (Soubry is pro austerity while the Labour people would be very anti it)
They are together as a group of independents with a single issue grouping them together - Stopping Brexit.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 318 of 318
« First < 218268308316317318

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet