boards.ie Mobile
Page 48 of 48
« First < 38464748
Rugby>Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. SEE MOD WARNING POST #1
stephen_n 20:52 Yesterday
Originally Posted by bilston:
Murray Kinsella usually makes a decent stab at it the night before the announcement.
Nothing from him yet.
[Quote] [Thank]
Former Former 21:48 Yesterday
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...rome-1.3802059

Wow. Didn't expect a team like that.

IRELAND (possible v Italy): Rob Kearney; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Bundee Aki, Jacob Stockdale; Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; David Kilcoyne, Seán Cronin, Tadhg Furlong; Quinn Roux, Ultan Dillane; Peter O’Mahony (capt), Seán O’Brien, Jordi Murphy.

Replacements: Rory Best, Jack McGrath, John Ryan, Iain Henderson, Josh van der Flier, John Cooney, Jack Carty, Andrew Conway.
[Quote] [Thank]
salmocab 21:50 Yesterday
Originally Posted by Former Former:
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...rome-1.3802059

Wow. Didn't expect a team like that.

IRELAND (possible v Italy): Rob Kearney; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Bundee Aki, Jacob Stockdale; Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; David Kilcoyne, Seán Cronin, Tadhg Furlong; Quinn Roux, Ultan Dillane; Peter O’Mahony (capt), Seán O’Brien, Jordi Murphy.

Replacements: Rory Best, Jack McGrath, John Ryan, Iain Henderson, Josh van der Flier, John Cooney, Jack Carty, Andrew Conway.
Nice
[Quote] [Thank]
awec 21:51 Yesterday
I genuinely do not understand why he'd pick Carty unless Carbery is injured.
[Quote] [Thank]
thomond2006 21:52 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Delighted for Carty, all other things aside.
[Quote] [Thank]
Former Former 21:53 Yesterday
Biggest surprise is both Roux and Dillane starting together. Not that either isn't up to it but I don't think any of us thought we'd see that combo.
[Quote] [Thank]
thomond2006 21:54 Yesterday
The pack gets an almost entire rotation while the backs are full strength. Interesting.

Andrew Conway gets in after a great showing last Friday.
[Quote] [Thank]
Former Former 21:55 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by awec:
Carbery is injured.
[Quote] [Thank]
b.gud 21:58 Yesterday
Originally Posted by awec:
Tbh I'm more surprised at Dillane starting ahead of Henderson. We all know what Henderson is capable of but he hasn't played much rugby in a while so I would have thought he would want to start him and give him 60 minutes to get back up to speed with the plan being that he would come back in to partner Ryan in the France match.

It makes sense to have Carty on the bench. Schmidt might be planning on bringing 3 outhalves to the RWC and so he needs to decide if Carty or Byrne is his 3rd choice. He's had Byrne in camp and he's gotten a cap so he has an idea of what he's capable of. He's now had Carty in camp and thinks there's enough there to see how he give him a shot at doing it in the real thing.
[Quote] [Thank]
Diabhal Beag 22:00 Yesterday
If Carty is truly benching it means he'll get 10 minutes. Carberry already showed what he can do against Scotland and if he keeps fit is guaranteed second choice OH.

Carty has played beyond anybody's wildest expectations in the last 18 months and absolute deserves a cap. My fear is that his first cap will be in August.
[Quote] [Thank]
baas baa 22:37 Yesterday
If Conan is fit I'd be disappointed to see him miss out. He's the next best 8 we have, is still showing improvement and needs games at this level. Murphy is a good player but is a flanker and rarely starts at the back of the scrum. Conan has quiet days but he also has the ability to be a good no.8 at this level, considering he's the only no.8 of this type we've produced in over 10 years I think he'd be worth persevering with.
[Quote] [Thank]
Jewelers 22:50 Yesterday
Originally Posted by Diabhal Beag:
If Carty is truly benching it means he'll get 10 minutes. Carberry already showed what he can do against Scotland and if he keeps fit is guaranteed second choice OH.

Carty has played beyond anybody's wildest expectations in the last 18 months and absolute deserves a cap. My fear is that his first cap will be in August.
why 10 mins ? , sexton will go off at 55 or get injured
[Quote] [Thank]
Utopia Parkway 00:08 Today
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan:
The problem all the Connacht players have is the quality of opposition isn’t great to be compared to what the other 3 are playing against
Connacht had Sale and Bordeaux Begles in their pool in the Challenge Cup. Sale have pretty much been mid table in England all season. Bordeaux Begles are 5th in the Top 14. There are worse English and French teams in the Champions Cup this season than those two.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 48 of 48
« First < 38464748

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet