boards.ie Mobile
Page 25 of 25
« First < 15232425
After Hours>I bet you didn't know that this thread would have a part 2
New Home 18:01 Yesterday (2 Thanks)
Do they have a smoked version made using their cars' exhausts?
[Quote] [Thank]
lbc2019 20:16 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Mice that eat yoghurt have larger testicles.
[Quote] [Thank]
New Home 20:42 Yesterday (15 Thanks)
If Pinocchio were to say "My nose will grow now.", it would create a paradox: if it didn't grow, he'd have told a lie, so the nose would grow on account of that, but if it did grow Pinocchio would have told the truth, making it impossible for his nose to grow.

The Pinocchio paradox was thought of in February 2001 by an 11-year-old called Veronique Eldridge-Smith – the daughter of Peter Eldridge-Smith, who specializes in the philosophy of logic. The article was first published in the journal Analysis.
[Quote] [Thank]
Srameen 20:55 Yesterday
Originally Posted by New Home:
If Pinocchio were to say "My nose will grow now.", it would create a paradox: if it didn't grow, he'd have told a lie, so the nose would grow on account of that, but if it did grow Pinocchio would have told the truth, making it impossible for his nose to grow.

The Pinocchio paradox was thought of in February 2001 by an 11-year-old called Veronique Eldridge-Smith – the daughter of Peter Eldridge-Smith, who specializes in the philosophy of logic. The article was first published in the journal Analysis.
Veronique Eldridge-Smith - does she now own and run a chocolate company in Australia?
[Quote] [Thank]
New Home 21:00 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
I've no idea, Srameen. I'll look it up and post back. :)
[Quote] [Thank]
New Home 21:06 Yesterday (3 Thanks)
To be honest, it's such a specific/unusual name I'd be surprised if it weren't the same person. I only found three (main) instances of that name, one in relation to the paradox, one in relation to the chocolate company, and one in relation to chess. All three seem to be the same age, which would support even more the theory that they're one and the same.
[Quote] [Thank]
BaZmO* 21:21 Yesterday (4 Thanks)
Lego is the biggest producer of car tyres in the world.

Company Tires produced (2011)

Lego* 318 million
Bridgestone 190 million
Michelin 184 million
Goodyear 181 million
[Quote] [Thank]
New Home 21:47 Yesterday (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by New Home:
To be honest, it's such a specific/unusual name I'd be surprised if it weren't the same person. I only found three (main) instances of that name, one in relation to the paradox, one in relation to the chocolate company, and one in relation to chess. All three seem to be the same age, which would support even more the theory that they're one and the same.
BTW, her chocolate is awfully expensive. But I think I put on about 15 kilos just by looking at her website. :/
[Quote] [Thank]
PingTing comes for Fire 21:55 Yesterday (4 Thanks)
Originally Posted by BaZmO*:
Lego is the biggest producer of car tyres in the world.

Company Tires produced (2011)

Lego* 318 million
Bridgestone 190 million
Michelin 184 million
Goodyear 181 million
Those figures are grossly inflated.
[Quote] [Thank]
mzungu 22:09 Yesterday (9 Thanks)
Image

The above is the heart of a blue whale. It is roughly the size of a small piano and can weigh up to 453kg.
[Quote] [Thank]
stimpson 22:21 Yesterday (11 Thanks)
Vulcan Point Island in the Philippines is world’s largest island within a lake that is situated on an island located in a lake on an island.

https://goo.gl/maps/TrqpNy28DSs
[Quote] [Thank]
Realt Dearg Sec 22:39 Yesterday
Originally Posted by stimpson:
Vulcan Point Island in the Philippines is world’s largest island within a lake that is situated on an island located in a lake on an island.

https://goo.gl/maps/TrqpNy28DSs
What are the next five largest islands within a lake within an island within a lake on an island?
[Quote] [Thank]
Professor Moriarty 00:13 Today
Originally Posted by lbc2019:
Mice that eat yoghurt have larger testicles.
Would you have a synopsis of the methodology for that research?
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 25 of 25
« First < 15232425


Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet