Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Successful - post here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Passed first time in Tyrellstown! Got 5 grade 2 faults.

Was brickin myself going into the test centre but saw everyone else there was much more nervous so I calmed down abit. Though I failed cos some clown didn't use his indicators on a roundabout and a dodgy filter light but I'm delighted!! Whooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Passed first time in Tyrellstown! Got 5 grade 2 faults.

Was brickin myself going into the test centre but saw everyone else there was much more nervous so I calmed down abit. Though I failed cos some clown didn't use his indicators on a roundabout and a dodgy filter light but I'm delighted!! Whooo!!

Nice one :)

I've got my test there in 2 weeks now - Can't wait to do it and hopefully pass. Were the routes hard?

Congrats.

Nah routes were grand. Through Corduff and out by the center down to the ongar road and back up through Mulhuddart to to the test centre. Helped that I live in the area so I knew all the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Nah routes were grand. Through Corduff and out by the center down to the ongar road and back up through Mulhuddart to to the test centre. Helped that I live in the area so I knew all the roads!

Same as my self, live in the area and drive through all that area everyday so should be fine fingers crossed! How long were you out for and what was the examiner like?

Was out for around 35 miniutes. Examiners name was Eugene. Very professional and gave very precise instructions as to where he wanted me to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Was out for around 35 miniutes. Examiners name was Eugene. Very professional and gave very precise instructions as to where he wanted me to go.

I passed last month with the same tester. Very nice man.after the test he asked me, "how many test you have taken before?" i replied "it's my first" and he said with a broad smile "And your last". Made my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Just passed my driving test this morning in Baldoyle! So chuffed and relieved, it was my first test. Only got one mark in the whole test and it was a grade 2 for observation. My tester was really sound and told me exactly when and why I got it. He really calmed my nerves so the whole experience was less stressful. So delighted, think I'll go for a beer now as I have the day off work :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Forty days after failing with 13 grade 2's I passed with just 4 in Dun Laoghaire. No lessons or practice in between it's all about the tester.
    But I don't care anymore cause I passed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 raichquilly

Myself and himself both had our tests saturday in blackrock , cork,(jammy i know!!!),at the same time!!! nerve racking as if one of us passed the other would get upset , but thankfully we both got it!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Passed mine today in sgs dun laoghaire.

Driving lessons/support from apple school of motoring. He's an excellent instructor, very patient and has passed me and her now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Passed today in the SGS Blackrock centre in Cork! Sooo happy! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Passed mine earlier today out in Gorey, first time taking the test so was chuffed. Especially when I heard I was only the 2nd person to pass out of 11 that morning!

Took two pre-tests from an instructor called Seamus Wall, I thought he was excellent and knew the routes and local roads very well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭carlostevez90

Passed Today in Raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stooge_dude

What a great feeling it is - passed on my 2nd attempt in March. I'm 31 years old and been driving 2 years..... thanks for this forum as I got some good advice by lurking around it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Just passed my test in SGS Dun Loaghaire. Tester name was Tony (Anthony Mc..something, forgot already). Very sound guy.

I little bit of copy-past below from the another topic:

Ok, anyways, I'm just back from my driving test which I passed with 5marks against me. I still can't believe because:
    *I hit the kerb when pulling in (just at very beggining of the test - thought I was failed for it automatically, so drove like I didn't care after);
    *selected 3rd to move off by mistake (nerves!) and stalled the engine;
    *got 'lost' which exit to take on roundabout, my indicating was all over the place right/left/oops still right/then ok maybe left now lol;
    *overtook the street sweeper on the top of the hill (couldn't see anything behind it ooops);
    *let the car roll back when starting uphill on the traffic lights;
    *60km/h in 50km/h (sh1te, brake brake untill he hasn't seen it);
    and many more very minor ones.

And after all this the tester comes back with the results and says 'congratulations', and I say 'hah it can't be true, you must be joking!' he says 'well, we can always take it back' I say 'no no, I believe it now!' *end of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wedfan

My boyfriend passed his test from the Fairways in Dundalk yesterday, im so pleased for him!!!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

j@utis wrote: »
    Just passed my test in SGS Dun Loaghaire. Tester name was Tony (Anthony Mc..something, forgot already). Very sound guy.

Ok, anyways, I'm just back from my driving test which I passed with 5marks against me. I still can't believe because:
    *I hit the kerb when pulling in (just at very beggining of the test - thought I was failed for it automatically, so drove like I didn't care after);
    *got 'lost' which exit to take on roundabout, my indicating was all over the place right/left/oops still right/then ok maybe left now lol;
    *overtook the street sweeper on the top of the hill (couldn't see anything behind it ooops);

And after all this the tester comes back with the results and says 'congratulations', and I say 'hah it can't be true, you must be joking!' he says 'well, we can always take it back' I say 'no no, I believe it now!' *end of the story.

Congrats on the test but you sound like a dangerous driver. I had stopped making most those mistakes after driving for 6 weeks, even when under pressure. Not having a go at you, you seem to understand that you still need to improve.
    But just goes to show the difference between the government and SGS. One too strict and the other too forgiving.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

tuxy wrote: »
    Congrats on the test but you sound like a dangerous driver. I had stopped making most those mistakes after driving for 6 weeks, even when under pressure. Not having a go at you, you seem to understand that you still need to improve.
    But just goes to show the difference between the government and SGS. One too strict and the other too forgiving.:(

+ 1 was going to say the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

j@utis wrote: »

Most of those mistakes are not minor- especially overtaking a street sweeper when you can't see anything behind it!

Was Stevie Wonder testing you????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackets

But just goes to show the difference between the government and SGS. One too strict and the other too forgiving.frown.gif

Have to disagree here! I had my test back in Deansgrange and failed. From the outset I just knew she didn't like me simply because I'm 17. Was brought on 3 routes just to try and catch me out....not fair! Anyway next test in Dun Laoghaire in 2 weeks...I hope the person doesn't nit-pick like in Deansgrange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Woohoo just passed in Kilkenny. Second go at it. Ended up with 3 grades 2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Passed today in Swords:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 FionaS

Passed in Tallaght yesterday - so relieved!!!!!!!!
    Git th same bloody instructor that failed me th last time but passed this time round so im chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Passed today in Swords! :D Delighted. They guy was really nice and took me on the nicest(easiest) route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Passed today in Baldoyle. How do I apply for full license? I was excited and relived so forgot to ask! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Passed today in Baldoyle
    Congrats. :)
    How do I apply for full license? I was excited and relived so forgot to ask! :pac::D
    Get form D401 at you local MTO/Garda Station etc.

Complete the form. Include 2 signed pics, your Provisional Licence, fee (€25?) and your Certificate of Competency and post off or call in person to your local MTO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Congrats. :)

Get form D401 at you local MTO/Garda Station etc.

Complete the form. Include 2 signed pics, your Provisional Licence, fee (€25?) and your Certificate of Competency and post off or call in person to your local MTO.

They should really provide the from tbh. Is there a pdf about? Oh, and thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

There were forms at the test centre when I did my test. Picked one up on the way out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I passed yesterday in Finglas SGS! Am still on a high from it. Got 4 Grade 2s and 2 grade 1s. All my mistakes I made on my way back to the test centre because I thought I'd totally failed and got careless.

I thought I failed because my reverse round a corner was a mess, I got nervous and made it incredibly wide but then came round the corner and straightened up. I kept trying to stop but she snapped at me and told me to keep going back.

Also on my turn about, she asked me to pull in but there was just driveways so I drove until I reached a wall outside a house and a kirb. She again snapped at me saying there was plenty of room behind me and I pulled in too far. I was crapping it.

In the end though she was lovely, said she was really pleased with my driving and my observation especially which was great considering it was one of my biggest down falls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I passed first time on Monday morning with SGS in Tallaght. No errors - couldn't quite believe that but I'll take it! I was real nervous the night before but at test time I felt strangely calm about the whole thing and the testers demenour put me at ease. I don't know why but I just felt it was my day that day. I took two pretests with Jim from Bancroft school of motoring and I would recommend them to anyone in the Tallaght area looking for an instructor.

Advertisement