Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

w000000000000000000000000000000t!
    mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

apologies...bit excited.. because.. I PASSED!! woooooooooohooooooooo
    sorry... very hyper right now :D
    Thanks to advice given here & luck from people.

Passed there at around 11.25 out in Deansgrange - very nice lady instructor.
    Bit of an iffy moment at the turnabout - a dog decided it wanted *me* to play ball & kept coming up to my window lol.
    Only got one blue mark - drove too close past a jeep in traffic -fair enough.

off I go to make it all official!
    xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Passed first time in Rathgar today, tester was sound as a bell and said i was a very competent driver and was surprised it was my first test.

Just had a few grade 1's, no 2's

Back of the net

Just wondering though, i applied for the license on the way home and got the receipt, can i call the insurance company now and claim to be on the full license or do i have to wait for it in the post. I would have thought its issued as soon as they take payment for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

star-pants wrote: »
    w000000000000000000000000000000t!
    mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

apologies...bit excited.. because.. I PASSED!! woooooooooohooooooooo
    sorry... very hyper right now :D
    Congratulations! :D
    dubambman wrote: »
    Passed first time in Rathgar today, tester was sound as a bell and said i was a very competent driver and was surprised it was my first test.
    Well done!
    dubambman wrote:
    I would have thought its issued as soon as they take payment for it.
    It's usually posted out but they hand them out over the counter in Cork for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MollyCoddle

Passed second time today - though I clipped/almost mounted a kerb in the car park before leaving the test centre and was convinced I'd failed for that. Made me more relaxed in a way lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I passed mine first time today. I had 6 blue marks but they were not too serious. Im very happy with the way it went. Best of luck to anyone doing theirs in the near future.

• Advertisement

Passed second time today - though I clipped/almost mounted a kerb in the car park before leaving the test centre and was convinced I'd failed for that. Made me more relaxed in a way lol.
    BFassassin wrote: »
    I passed mine first time today. I had 6 blue marks but they were not too serious. Im very happy with the way it went. Best of luck to anyone doing theirs in the near future.
    Well done folks!

At this rate, the waiting times will nosedive! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Test tomorrow (again). I'm bricking it. Hope to be posting here Tomorrow night.

EEEEEeeeeeeee:DEEEEEEEeeeeeee:D

Thank Christ. 6 Grade 2's though, 2 of which were reaction to hazards which surprised me, as I have cat like reflexes. Glad the tester wasn't a cold robot like I was expecting. Now I feel like I can justifiably shout at other road users (The ones without L-plates, of course ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Where did you do the test?

Raheny. If i had failed I would have applied for a cancellation in Ballymun.

• Advertisement

boreds wrote: »
    Test tomorrow (again). I'm bricking it. Hope to be posting here Tomorrow night.
    boreds wrote: »
    EEEEEeeeeeeee:DEEEEEEEeeeeeee:D
    Well done boreds! :D and safe motoring.

(Just because you've passed doesn't mean that you stop posting in this Forum! ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

passed 1st time cant believe it
    did it in finglas

pajodublin wrote: »
    did it in finglas
    Congratulations pajodublin! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Passed on the sixth attempt. :o

Cork all six times...

Although that was March 2005 but just felt like posting - if that's ok. Still quite chuffed about it!

(Just because you've passed doesn't mean that you stop posting in this Forum! ;))

Pffft. Not likely. I don't need you suckers now :p;)
    pajodublin wrote: »
    did it in finglas

Congrats.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Although that was March 2005 but just felt like posting - if that's ok. Still quite chuffed about it!

Ehh, belated congrats? It's good to know that we will get there, eventually. I've been driving 7 years. I hadn't done my test in 5 years here though as I wasn't here, but I even managed to fail it in another country too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Passed Fonthill today (after 2 failures previously in Naas) :D

Two grade 2's and one grade 1 - so am delighted to say least.

Would recommend Fonthill, good experience (course i would say that :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Lots of people passing recently... very inspiring! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Well done, I hope to be in your position tomorrow evening, I'm doing my test in Tuam. Grads 2's? can you get loads of these and still be ok? Is it that you fail if you get more than 8 grads 1's?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Hey, cheers.

Grade 1's are just observational comments by tester and dont count to your test outcome. Grade 2's do however,

I think its:
    4 grad 2's for the same fault, or
    6 grade 2's under any heading, or
    or 9 grade 2's overall and its a reapply

We'll not even mention grade 3's (dont even get one of these bad boys)

if im wrong on the above, someone can correct me?

Oh and good luck with Tuam, lettuce know how ye get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I passed this morning (first time!) in Finglas. Weather was terrible and thought I had failed after doing the reverse-around-the-corner as I left the car in reverse when he asked me to pull off after completing the maneouvre! However, in the end he marked it as a grade 1 only.

The signs and questions he asked me were the usual posted here by everyone else, so I don't need to rehash them. The only unusual one was on the secondary controls. He asked me what it would mean if the indicator light flashed at a higher rate than normal when switched on. I hadn't a clue (and told him so). It turns out that it means the bulb is gonna blow. Other than that and the reverse "incident" it was quite good (despite the crappy weather).

Happy Days!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    The only unusual one was on the secondary controls. He asked me what it would mean if the indicator light flashed at a higher rate than normal when switched on. I hadn't a clue (and told him so). It turns out that it means the bulb is gonna blow.

Ha. Thats funny, I never heard of that at all until yesterday while I was in the middle of my test, it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Windsock wrote: »
    Ha. Thats funny, I never heard of that at all until yesterday while I was in the middle of my test, it happened.

Its either the bulb is about to blow or there is a problem somewhere in the circuitry, according to my Da (retired mechanic!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crazycatgone

I passed on Tuesday in Deansgrange. I only got the appointment on Monday evening when I rang to complain cos they charged my laser card twice And they said they had a cancellation the next day if I wanted to do it... I never even heard of Deansgrange before. Had failed twice before in Churchtown - once because i fluffed it up with nerves and the other because the tester was being a git (trying to put me off during the questions, tutting, huming and tapping fingers etc)
    Anyway I found deansgrange and the tester was really nice, I got 6 grade 1's and 3 grade 2's so Im a happy bunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Passed today in Tuam, I found the tester sound, got five Grade 2’s in total…. Was dodgy on my progression. Delighted to have it over with. Thanks to all on this forum for their help over the last few weeks. Will be keeping an eye in here in future now that I am in a position to give some advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Would recommend Fonthill, good experience (course i would say that :-)

Hey so you applied to Tallaght originally? So did i and after ringing them today got my test at the start of December in Naas, I see it didnt go so well for you there, any advice?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Passed today on my first attempt in Athlone, one grade 1, and 1 grade 2.

whoo hoo!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Hey so you applied to Tallaght originally? So did i and after ringing them today got my test at the start of December in Naas, I see it didnt go so well for you there, any advice?!

I did mine in Naas yesterday, failed unfortunately, on the very last manouver in the test. Have a read of my post on the unsuccessful thread for details. I would advise you to get a few lessons with Naas school of motering which is right beside the test centre. They will show you all the possible routes. There are a lot of stop junctions, narrow streets and driving through housing estates so it's best to get a taste for them all.

I bottled it when i had to park the car to finish the test. The parking spaces are on a steep hill perpendicular to the main road, so if you don't like the sound of that I'd advise you either to avoid parking there or practice parking there!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Passed first time today in Wilton Cork. Only Got 4 ticks. Went stright out and got my full licence after i passed. Delighted!! Thanks for all the help i got in the forum. Wuuuuuuuuuuu

Dudess wrote: »
    Passed on the sixth attempt
    Passed Fonthill today
    Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    I passed this morning (first time!) in Finglas
    I passed on Tuesday in Deansgrange
    Glenman wrote: »
    Passed today in Tuam
    Passed today on my first attempt in Athlone
    Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Passed first time today in Wilton Cork
    Congratulations folks and safe motoring. :)

The learning doesn't end now! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scottty2Hottty

I passed in Rathgar on Thursday. Had failed it twice in Donegal before. I didnt think I'd done that great but I actually did fine.

If I had one piece of advice it would be its not the mistakes you make but how you react to them that makes the difference,I made a couple of Blunders but I just got on with it and focused on making my next mannuevre a positive one.

Best of luck...

Advertisement