Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

There seems to be more posts in this thread than in the unsuccessful thread. Generally people who are using this forum are preparing for the test and are worried about it. A large percentage of those who prepare well will pass. When I was out on my pre-test a woman rang my instructor asking “will they conduct the test if you don’t have you provisional license?”…Her licence was lost and she had had one pre-test the night before the test. It is unlikely that someone who prepares so badly will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i passed yesterday. i am pleased

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I passed today in churchtown, 5 grade two's, so it wasn't too bad, thanks for all the advice given by people on these boards.
    Cheers,
    Alan,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Passed today in Raheny. Felt like a nervous wreck waiting in the waiting room. After the test the walk from the car back to the test center before they tell you if you passes or failed felt like I was walking down death row. Could not hold the smiles back when he told me I passed. Absolutely delighted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Passed today in Carrick on Shannon. 2 Grade 1's and 3 Grade 2's. Go me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Passed in Athlone. 5 Grade 2's.
    Hairy enough though, on about 4 occasions travellers ran out in front of me!

Thanks to those who posted tpis and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Got it 3 hours ago , woooo :P Liffey Valley Fonthill centre, theres an english girl there, and shes hotttt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I passed in Rathgar on Thursday
    i passed yesterday. i am pleased
    I passed today in churchtown
    darkskol wrote: »
    Passed today in Raheny
    stepbar wrote: »
    Passed today in Carrick on Shannon
    Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Passed in Athlone
    Got it 3 hours ago , woooo :P Liffey Valley Fonthill centre
    Congratulations and well done folks. :D Safe motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I passed an hour ago!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

But man, let me tell you about the morning I had!

Test was at 12, so I got out of the house at 9 with the intention of driving to the town the test centre is in to spend an hour or two going around the routes. I had checked all the lights on the car two days ago and all was well.

But not this morning!!

Damn reverse light wasn't working.

Brought it to a garage to have a look and it wasn't just the bulb, something in the electrics was gone. He didn't have the required part and nor did any other suppliers in the town. Nightmare! I was bricking it. I had to change cars with my wife which I was really not happy with. Although the second car is newer and nicer, and I have driven it before, I've had all my practice in the first car. The clutches are totally different and I wasn't as familiar with the secondary controls or under the bonet.

Anyway, ripped the L plates off my car and stuck them on my wife's. It was lashing rain and I had 40 minutes left before the start of the test. On the dual carriageway between my town and the next, the goddamn front L plate (they were exterior ones) flew off the car!! CRAP! I nearly started crying.

I spent the next half hour driving to three different garages looking for new L plates. Finally found them and got to the test centre with 5 minutes to spare, no proper practice in, with a car I wasn't too familiar with and in an absolute panic!

Anyway, despite this nightmare start, I passed! Tester said it was a good solid drive and one of the better ones he's had this week so far. Awww yeah!

Branoic wrote: »
    I passed an hour ago!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!
    Congratulations! :)
    Branoic wrote:
    Damn reverse light wasn't working
    You could have saved yourself a lot of stress. A reverse light is not legally required! The tester wouldn't have checked for it. :D:D:D:D

There is no legal requirement to have fog lights either. Some people mistakenly believe that a rear one is mandatory. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, I know this now after he only checked the indicators and break lights and didn't mention the reverse light at all. Ah well. Made for an interesting morning anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Passed just now in Churchtown, 3 grade 1 faults. The tester said one of them was that I could have taken an extra second at one occasion turning right. Got a little confused when he asked me the road-signs, think I mixed up the sign for a railway crossing with no barriers? Also for the blue keep-left sign I said road goes to the left or something but he questioned me on what I would do if I came across it and that satisfied him in the end. Was a bit shaky at one occasion, (traffic lights out, junction managed by a gard) was sitting in gear with my foot on the clutch for about two minutes and my leg was literally twitching!
    Great buzz afterwards but I saw one poor girl sitting in her car in floods of tears:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brazen_dude

Just passed today in Navan:D2... pouring rain and heavy traffic.... test ran for 45mins due to traffic.... 2 grade 1's and 1 grade 2 errors. I would recommend Navan2 test center. friendly tester and it helped a lot... hate when tester's dont smile at u....

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Passed just now in Churchtown
    Just passed today in Navan
    Congratulations lads/ladies :D Well done and safe motoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Passed just this morning in Deansgrange! First time. Got 6 Grade 1s and 4 Grade 2's overall. Im delighted, wasnt sure if i was going to pass. Theres no excuse now for me not to go around a take a few photos for the Dublin Picture game wishbone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 markmiller321

Just passed in Portlaoise in the wind and the rain. I've only been driving three months so i'm well pleased.

Passed just this morning in Deansgrange! First time
    Just passed in Portlaoise in the wind and the rain. I've only been driving three months

Congratulations and well done lads! :)
    Theres no excuse now for me not to go around a take a few photos for the Dublin Picture game wishbone!
    Looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Delighted, passed yesterday in Loughrea. Overall the tester was sound and I got by with 2 grade 1s and 2 grade 2s.

I passed my test in Ballymun SGS Centre this morning at half 8

Well Done….You must be “smiling” right now

• Advertisement

I am indeed :D

Delighted, passed yesterday in Loughrea
    Congratulations John. :)
    Congratulations Terrell Colossal Unicorn. :)

You were worried about the traffic/time of test. What was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Yesterday in Deansgrange, didnt get one single mark on the sheet. :)

Congratulations John. :)

Congratulations Terrell Colossal Unicorn. :)

You were worried about the traffic/time of test. What was it like?

None at all , thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Passed in Galway yesterday, few marks on clutch accelerator, minor marks on a bit of observation.

w00t

SyxPak wrote: »
    Passed in Galway yesterday, few marks on clutch accelerator, minor marks on a bit of observation.

w00t

Well done, I live in Galway but did my test in Tuam as I thought it would be handier out there. Galway must be difficult, do any of the test routes take you through that three laned roundabout with the traffic lights out past the Omniplex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Passed in Nass.. By the skin of my teeth.. Had a nightmare drive and was sure I'd failed, touched kerb on reversing and made a balls of that parking at the test centre. Butt load of faults, 7 in total. Still they all count. :D

SyxPak wrote: »
    Passed in Galway yesterday
    givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Passed in Nass

Congratulations lads, well done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Passed in Ennis! Went way out in the reverse, but pulled it back in and only got a grade1! Wooooooooooooooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Passed in Wicklow today
    heavy traffic
    few marks on observation

Advertisement