Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unsuccessful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ryker

wondering any one give me some feed back on this my brother just did his test in raheny, unfotuanatly he failed he was a bit suprised to fail.
    The reason for my post is at the end of the test he did not get the tester sheet that he marked, he asked the tester why he had failed tester said he could not discuss this and a report would be posted out to him.

I thought that you always get the sheet that the tester marked so you can see what sections of the test you have to b rush up on. Just wondering anyone ever here of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The tester can't discuss the test with the candidate, but I think that he should have been given the report. Perhaps it is to follow in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thread Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

My friend at work failed her test in Tuam last week, she got four X's for reaction to hazzards, she thought that she had passed and asked him why she failed but he would not discuss it. I am doing the test in Tuam next week and i was wondering what "reaction to hazzards" is? Is it overtaking parked vehicles? Our instructor told us to overtake if there is room to overtake when you are meeting another vehicle. She says that if she had waited she would have probably failed for holding up traffic.

Glenman wrote: »
    My friend at work failed her test in Tuam last week, she got four X's for reaction to hazzards, she thought that she had passed
    It's difficult to say without being there but if she thought she had passed (and obvoiusly didn't) I would be inclined to think that there were potential hazards along the route that she was unaware of and therefore did not lead the examiner to believe that she was aware of them.
    Glenman wrote:
    but he would not discuss it
    He is not permitted to discuss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chancer_007

passed first time this morning in rathgar(even tough it has high failure rate)
    tester was grand
    a few simple questions(what does dotted yellow line, 2 continious white lines etc.. a few signs, dangerous bend ahead etc..)
    hill start was grand
    3 point turn was a 4 point turn.
    a few grade2s on observation, & 1 thati failed to turn on demister

was driving for 2 years...god a lesson on sat and one on sun with ISM in ranelagh
    good instructors, would recommend them.
    best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

3 point turn was a 4 point turn.
    4 turns is fine, as long as you don't hit the curbs and totally mess it up you can take extra turns no problem.
    was driving for 2 years...god a lesson on sat and one on sun with ISM in ranelagh
    good instructors, would recommend them.
    best of luck to all

Anyone doing the test should have at least 6 months driving experience and get lessons imho.
    Congratulations fellow first time passer.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Hard luck jessie1. Don't mistake driving 'confidently' with driving correctly. The country is full of confident drivers! ;)

Thats sound advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Test tomorrow (again) I'm bricking it. Hope I won't be posting here tomorrow evening.

passed first time this morning in rathgar
    Congratulations chancer! - (you've posted in the wrong thread :D)

3 point turn was a 4 point turn
    :confused: - Did you do the rest of the route in reverse? :D

(3,5,7,9,11 point turn - always an odd number ;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Failed in Deansgrange today. 9 grade 2 faults. 2 of whcih were for reaction to hazards which I am annoyed about, said I was going too fast at 20mph when passing parked vehicles on a main road

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

Progress was a big problem. Said I went 2 slow coming up to roundabouts, too slow on straits at turns etc.

Thing is last time I was told I went too fast at all these, even though i never broke the speed limit.

Feel like I am getting contradicting advice from the Testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

the test before this I went over I got 5 hazard mistakes

I was told i went too fast over speed bumps, they were the hazard mistakes, i went over in 2n'd gear at 20kph.

The last 2 tests before this were with SGS, i got a good explanation off the testers as to why i failed.

Todays tester refused to explain why I failed, was quite snooty about it

It seems there has been a policy change with SGS recently !

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

I notice that nobady has posted a failure from Naas test centre so I'll make it a first. Had my test around midday today. I wasn't very confident going into it, had 4 lessons/pretests around the area beforehand and I'd say that none of them went spectacularly well. But the test started off well and continued well until the very end, when the tester asked me to park beside the centre. Is anyone familiar with the Naas test centre?? The parking spaces provided are perpendicular to the main road and on a really steep hill and the individual spaces are poorly marked. So I pulled in, unfortunately quite crookedly, I must admit, and then I just bottled it in a feeble attempt to straighten the car. The tester was spot on to fail me, I don't have a problem with that, but I just keep looking back with hindsight, what if I had have reversed up or just left the car crooked, would I have passed then??? Otherwise, I only had 2 grade two faults, one for the clutch and one for observation when moving off, I think it takes 9 seperate grade 2 faults to fail, so I'm just gutted that I lost it on the last manouver. AGHH, frustration!!

Cotsy...That a bummer alright

Failed in Deansgrange today
    lucozader wrote: »
    Progress was a big problem. Said I went 2 slow coming up to roundabouts, too slow on straits at turns etc
    Cotsy wrote: »
    I notice that nobady has posted a failure from Naas test centre so I'll make it a first
    Hard luck folks :( - keep at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Failed... I had no idea the lights changed so fast on the Dunkettle roundabout and broke them. First time ever breaking a red light and I did it during the bloody test. I am so angry at myself I could scream :( aside from that I only had a few grade 2s and would have passed. god I'm a total idiot :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mefain

What exactly are you dreading?
    I am a Driving Instructor, maybe I can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 careeradvise

Just failed in Rathgar. I was prepared for how ignorant the testers were and I thought i was more than prepared for the drive but i got marked on things that i don't even understand. I drove around the course, felt pretty good but the guy kept ticking his box. Was very frustrating.
    It really is a frustrating process, I was not happy at all after. Really does make you wonder how they expect to get the L drivers off the road if they fail them for almost anything.

I acquired 3 grade twos for positioning on the straight, i have no idea how that happened. There were a couple of other ones that I am clueless about. Its very hard to put anything right when I don't know what the problem is.

Breezed through the pretests as well aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh phuck it !!!

Just failed in Rathgar. I was prepared for how ignorant the testers were and I thought i was more than prepared for the drive but i got marked on things that i don't even understand. I drove around the course, felt pretty good but the guy kept ticking his box. Was very frustrating.
    It really is a frustrating process, I was not happy at all after. Really does make you wonder how they expect to get the L drivers off the road if they fail them for almost anything.

I acquired 3 grade twos for positioning on the straight, i have no idea how that happened. There were a couple of other ones that I am clueless about. Its very hard to put anything right when I don't know what the problem is.

Breezed through the pretests as well aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh phuck it !!!

As far as I can see there is a lot of luck involved. Do you get a nice tester or don't you. I had a nice tester, I didn't react properly to a pedistrian who came out of nowhere to cross the road, he told me that he had to think hard about not giving me a grade 3 but thankfully I only got a grade 2. A tester who talks to you about your driving after the test is sound, If he says "The reasons you failed are on the Test sheet...Goodday to you"..........say no more!

• Advertisement

Just failed in Rathgar
    Hard luck careeradvise. :(
    Glenman wrote: »
    A tester who talks to you about your driving after the test is sound, If he says "The reasons you failed are on the Test sheet...Goodday to you"..........say no more!
    If you have failed, the tester is not permitted to discuss any part of the test with you.

My tester went through the test sheet and told me exactly why I failed and which areas I should watch out for next time... nice of her.

Gauge wrote: »
    My tester went through the test sheet and told me exactly why I failed and which areas I should watch out for next time... nice of her.
    Indeed she may have, but she is going against RSA regulations:

"Testers should refer the applicant to the faults which have been recorded on the Report Sheet, and which contributed to the test result. However, testers should not discuss the details of the test."

Whoops :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theleprechaun

failed mine in tipperary town. 13 faults, what can i say apart from i was hoping that i would not have to post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Failed in Raheny, 15 Grade 2's, I actually laughed when he told me. I made a balls of the whole thing and knew halfway through it would happen and in fairness to him I think he adjusted the route to try and help me correct myself. He even left out the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

failed mine in tipperary town. 13 faults, what can i say apart from i was hoping that i would not have to post here.
    Wheels wrote: »
    Failed in Raheny, 15 Grade 2's, I actually laughed when he told me. I made a balls of the whole thing and knew halfway through it would happen and in fairness to him I think he adjusted the route to try and help me correct myself. He even left out the roundabout.

Hard luck lads. Keep practicing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Failed in Nenagh 10 grade 2's. :(
    Mainly reaction to hazards and progress on roundabouts.
    Not entirly sure where I went wrong with reaction to hazards. People walked out in front of me a few times so I slowed way down to show I saw the hazard. :confused:
    And how do you make good progress on a roundabout when nobody uses their indicators.
    It was my first test, will reapply right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Gutting. 13 Grade 2's. But the majority of them were for things relating to clutch, gears and overshooting my right turns. Only had 1 fault for observation which was what my instructor had been berating me about. Kinda frustrating that I got a fault for following his advice on one thing though-he told me that after the reverse around corner, if I'm turing left back around the same corner when moving on again, I needn't indicate right when pulling out, and can just indicate left immediately. Well I did that, and no surprises for the fault I received for that. Kinda irritating. Ah well, put my re-application back in and hopefully I'll get it before March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

wowy wrote: »
    Gutting. 13 Grade 2's. But the majority of them were for things relating to clutch, gears and overshooting my right turns. Only had 1 fault for observation which was what my instructor had been berating me about. Kinda frustrating that I got a fault for following his advice on one thing though-he told me that after the reverse around corner, if I'm turing left back around the same corner when moving on again, I needn't indicate right when pulling out, and can just indicate left immediately. Well I did that, and no surprises for the fault I received for that. Kinda irritating. Ah well, put my re-application back in and hopefully I'll get it before March.

same. twas very busy today.lots of peeps doing their christmas shoppings. probably one of the busiest days of the year

Advertisement