Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a recommendation of a driving instructor in Dublin 16.

I don't know whether it's good to go with a private instructor or one of these chain driving schools.

I'm a cyclist so I'm aware of other road users and procedures but I've only sat in a car once or twice. Both times I just moved the car with no accelerator use, just with the clutch off. I found it very hard to cope with how "fast" it seemed to be going (even though it wasn't going very fast at all!!!), with steering and with trying to do everything all at once.

I therefore need an instructor sympathetic to someone in my situation who might not be a very fast learner :)

Any help would be appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Got the letter to say my test is scheduled for the 19th May in Wilton. Anyone have any good driving instructor recommendations?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 broomstick

eldanne wrote: »
    I have an excellent driving instructor whom I can recommend if you are interested who covers all of Dublin area

Hi there

Can you recommend someone for the Tallaght area? I Have my test in 4 weeks.. and this will be the 2nd time I'll doing the test.. really need to pass :D

Thanks a mill...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 broomstick

Hi there... Can I have the number of ur instructor? my test centre is in Tallaght in 4 weeks... I'm taking it 2nd time around and really do hope to pass.

@ Broomstick
    There's no need to post numerous times about the same request one after the other, everyone can see your first post just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Systemmike

Hi,
    Just got my permit today and was wondering if anyone knows a good and prefrably cheap driving instructor or driving school in dublin 15, i know of a few driving lessons around but i want to know which is the best

Please pm details,
    Thanks
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Adelina Full Snag

Driving Instructor Referral for D16 Perchance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

Hi there,

I know there are plenty of threads recommending good driving instructors so I hope I don't irritate anyone by posting this message but I have had GOOD instructors but what I need now is someone really exceptional!

I started driving 3 and a half years ago. Had approx 8 lessons and I was doing really well. My driving was becoming more confident and slowly more skillfull. However, I didn't have insurance and a car of my own so I couldn't get in regular practise. Now everytime I sit behind the wheel its like the first time.

It's becoming a serious problem as I have gone from feeling quite confident and driving for long periods of time to being agitated behind the wheel even in an empty car park.

As I'm becoming quite distressed the longer this goes on, I'm looking for an instructor who will understand how difficult I am finding getting back on the road and someone especially patient. I know most instructors are great and patient but has anyone out there had someone really exceptional who can help me with this block that I have?

I am going to search through the boards now but I really would appreciate someone recommended to me based on my experience...

Thanks in advance...

UPDATE: I would need an instructor in the southside of Dublin

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hi, I'm looking for reccommendations for an instructor in Clondalkin/ Tallaght area. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Hi,

I would appreciate it if someone could PM me a recommendation for a driving instructor in Raheny, Dublin 5. I am sitting the test in two weeks and would like to do a pre-test with an instructor.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Hi there,

Can someone please PM me the details of a good driving instructor working in the Chruchtown area?

Thanks,
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

hey there,

im looking for a driving instructor that will cover the finglas area and has own car... someone good an fairly cheap... please and thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

Hey guys can someone please PM details for a driving instructor in Cork City. I've had a few lessons in Galway before and the instructor was rubbish. I need someone who'll explain things properly and is fairly patient!! Thks.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sleuthy

Can someone please recommend a really good driving instructor in the Dublin 6 / Dublin 6W area. Thanks.x

• Registered Users Posts: 17 applesrock

Hi,

Can anybody recommend an instructor in Mullingar? I have the test in 4 weeks or so and need to have a pre-test lesson or two.

Thanks a million!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Hey!

Can someone recommend me a good, reasonably priced instructor in the Castletroy area in Limerick?

Thanks in advance!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

My driving test is on the 1 July in Finglas.

Are there any driving schools/instructors out there that anyone would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

As above.
    My son wants to start taking lessons shortly.
    Any reccomendations?
    I wouldnt have the patience to teach him :rolleyes:

What the rates approx now?
    Using instructers car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Moved from motors

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Onkle wrote: »
    Moved from motors
    Threads merged

Sorry guys
    Didnt see this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Hi gang. bit of a go slow on the trying to find a job front so Decided to go for the C or D licence.. Not sure which yet tbh. Any tips?:)

Anyways i'll need to find a C cat or D cat instructor in Cork (city or County). Anyone know of any? I've tried ISM and they've nowt and Could only find 1 guy in cork but I'm unsure of him.

• Advertisement

Advertisement