Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 loulou3154

Have my test coming up and i want to get someone who'll do a pre-test with me in the Finglas area and act like its the actual test ...as in pretends to be like the examiner and doesnt yap away to me for the hour like the other instructors i've gotten :mad:! can anyone recommend someone decent?:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 amy-marie

Looking for a patient instructor who covers Monkstown Farm (Dublin), my current instructor is very impatient and quick to give out to me, so I feel like I'm wasting my money here.

The more reasonably priced the better. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Looking for a recommendation for an instructor around Dublin 5, probably ultimately for the Raheny test route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Hey guys

Looking for recommendations for a good driving instructor in Ringsend/Sandymount/D4 area, if you can help.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I have had 10 driving lessons & I still cut out & am a bag of nerves behind the wheel. I'm in the Meath area.
    Can anyone recommend a great driving instructor in the Meath or Dublin area?
    The driving instructor I did my 10 lessons with used to be embarrassed when I cut out or bunny hopped so he'd always take over using his own controls & now I still can't do it.
    I've asked my husband for help but he doesn't have the patience for all my errors.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Laydee wrote: »
    I have had 10 driving lessons & I still cut out & am a bag of nerves behind the wheel. I'm in the Meath area.
    The driving instructor I did my 10 lessons with used to be embarrassed when I cut out or bunny hopped so he'd always take over using his own controls & now I still can't do it.
    I've asked my husband for help but he doesn't have the patience for all my errors.

Thanks.

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Laydee wrote: »

Thanks.

For patience, I recommend this guy based in Trim, but covers most areas in Meath: <SNIP> PM FOR DETAILS

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cossie9

Hi,

I saw your post regarding a good driving instructor. I live on Blackhorse avenue D 7. Would you have name/number of this instructor? Are they based on thre northside?. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Efa_m

Hi I'm looking for a driving instructor in the inchicore area? Any recommendations? Cheers thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Looking for good instructor in south Dublin city, PM me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

Hi there

I'm looking for a good driving instructor in Cork in the Mallow Kanturk area looking to book about 10 lessons is it possible to get a discount when you book quite a few ahead anyone know, any recommendations would be much appreciated. Please PM any details.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭alegrabaroque

Hi! Can someone please pm me tony in tallaghts number have test in Tallaght on the 1st July so need a pro to get me sorted!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EmmB

Hello, I've just reapplied for my 3rd test in Tallaght! I could really use a good driving instructor to help me pass. If someone could please PM me Tony's number it would be much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

I run a Dublin driving School covering all Dublin city. We do not have automatics but regularly get called by pupils looking for automatic lessons. If anyone does automatic lessons northside and is ADI approved with their own dual control automatic car please pm me your mobile and I'll forward on leads to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Hi all,

Looking for a good, kind ADI approved instructor in the walkinstown/churchtown area please. I'm quite nervous and am especially looking for someone patient who can help my confidence when driving.

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 yvonneb04

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Quick post here as hoping one of you can help me.

I've been given my test date for less than 3 weeks time now (after a couple of cancellations on SGS side). I've been driving on and off since last year and did a good few lessons last year but now I need someone to put me into test shape! I really need to pass as not being able to drive is causing me a load of work logistic probs.

I'm living in Lucan but doing my test in Tallaght RSA centre.

I had some lessons with a guy from Lucan last year and found him ok, but nothing great (he spent a lot of the time talking and I would have expected to have gotten more from my lessons. He also told me that he knows a girl who passed her test just because she was hot which totally made me lose my respect for him!)

Anyways, can anyone recommend a decent instructor who is totally focused on helping people pass the test? I'd like to book in with them for the next three weekends.

The driving itself should be ok, but my parking and reversing around a bend and stuff like that is crap (I know they dont test parking but any kind of maneouvering I'm finding a bit difficult) I'm learning on an Avensis and having serious issues grasping how much space I need.

Any other tips or advise are also welcome.

Has anyone here done their test in Tallaght SGS and maybe you could let me know how you found it any any tips?

Many thanks and good luck to anyone else doing their test soon.

Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Just pm'd EmmB algebrabaroque and Yvonne. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wendezign

I've heard [SNIP] is very good, he's from [SNIP]. Has anyone used him lately that could send on his number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm looking for an instructor in the Swords area. Please PM me details. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good Pre-Test instructor in Galway?

Feel free to PM if public recommendations are in breach of the charter here.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ThisCharmingIce

Hi Eamon1
    Could you pm me the website link of that Driving School please?
    I've tried pm'ing you to no avail
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wendezign

I'm living in Hollystown Dublin 15, anyone know a good instructor in Blanchardstown or Clonsilla?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kdawwg

Hey,

Anyone know of a good instructor in the D18 area?? Are ISM worth the 40 euro an hour??

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

Hi there,

any recommendations for a driving instructor in Galway city? Preferably someone kind and patient!!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zamora77

Hi Baglady,
    I have pm'd you with a link to website of Galway instructor.

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

pmed you larainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Miss No Name

I'm looking for driving lessons in south dublin, am a beginner driver so someone patient would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Forsaken1

phasers wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for reccommendations for an instructor in Clondalkin/ Tallaght area. Thanks!

Hi

Well whomever you choose should be an ADI instructor. Do a search in google.

Advertisement