Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

nehcola wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am looking for recommendations for a driving instructor in the Swords area. I'll be taking my test in Raheny in about five weeks and need to get a lot of lessons between now and then.
    Many thanks in advance!:)

Hey!

I live in Swords meself. I get my driving lessons with <SNIP> and I've found the instructor excellent so if you want his number throw us a pm.

There is also the <SNIP>, you'll find his number in the Swords Directory if you have it or else try the <SNIP> they do 2 hour lesson for €90 or something like that!

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Passed my theory test! Yay!!

Currently living in limerick so was wondering if any of ye know any good and resonably priced instructor in limerick?
    You can PM me i guess!

Cheers!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My brother (who is 17) is looking for a good driving instructor in the Dundalk, Co. Louth area that has a good pass rate. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

Just pm'd you with some details:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    Hey!

I live in Swords meself. I get my driving lessons with the <SNIP> and I've found the instructor excellent so if you want his number throw us a pm.

There is also the <SNIP>, you'll find his number in the Swords Directory if you have it or else try the <SNIP> they do 2 hour lesson for €90 or something like that!

Hope that helps!

2 hours for 90eur thats mad money:mad: and I bet they;re not even fully qualified, <SNIP> is and has a good name in the Swords area, as does <SNIP> and <SNIP> and they all charge in the region of 35eur and all ADI's. Im in shock 90eur no wonder they've fancy cars and trucks in <SNIP> :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fearandloathing

I have a test coming up in rathgar and im looking to do a couple of pretests in that area if anyone can recommend someone they've had a good experience with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 S12

Hi, am looking for a driving instructor in the Booterstown / MountMerrion / Stillorgan area. I am an absolute beginner, if that's relevent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Looking for good value driving lessons in North Dublin. Established companies please and not individual operators.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looking for a driving instructor, ideally female, North Strand area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 cianor

I am looking for recommendations for a driving instructor in the Ballsbridge/D4 area?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

Looking for a good instructor who knows the Rathgar route/area well. Please PM me with details. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LeonMetu

Hello all,

i have a driving test exam 10 days later in Limerick on castlemungret route,
    could you suggest any good instructers who may be willing to a block of lessons for next week?

thanks in advance,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Threads Merged.
    And any recommendations must be sent via Private Message (PM)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Hi,

Any recommendations on a good instuctor in the Casletroy area in Limerick? PM me please, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Uncle Rico

Would appreciate it if someone could PM me the Tallaght based driving instructor Tony please.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭telemachus

I live in Goatstown so looking for an instructor covering the Stillorgan/Clonskeagh area, i'd appreciate any suggestions from people who have had good experiences with someone based around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭stephenrd

Hi All,

I'm looking for some pre test lessons around the Knocklyon area. I have my test in Tallaght. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers,

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Daffodil09

Hi Looking for instructor in Dublin 2 area. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Hi all,
    Any one have any recommendations for North County Dublin (Balbriggan) area? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 finito

Looking for someone in Galway City that can do lessons after 6pm.

Please PM. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭theo2008

Hi,
    Looking for a decent driving instructor in the Dublin city centre area.
    I am not from Dublin so I don't have a clue about who's good or not; would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kazaz

Hi I passed my test recently- I got 4 pre tests from a driving instructor based in tallaght. He does all of Dublin.
    I only got one fault in the whole test!! He's very patient an calming- well he was for me anyway! :) went though every single detail possible, an was very helpful with all of my questions.I recommend him to anyone. A friend of mine got one pretest off him also and she passed 2 weeks ago.
    quite reasonably priced too!
    If u want I'll forward you his email or number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

Driving instructor in Ennis who is willing to give lessons in an automatic (my own is fine).
    Thanks,
    Marie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 niall.boland

Does any one know who is the best for Minibus Driving Lessons in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sillysod

I've my test in about three weeks (I think) and I'm going to have to book a lot of lessons between now and then. I'm also going to have to use their car for the test.

Any suggestions?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sleuthy

Can anyone recommend an instructor in Rathgar, Terenure, Rathmines or Harolds Cross? Have had some time wasters who had me doing right and left turns for about 12 lessons so want someone genuine who will get me ready for the test.

Please PM me. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Josh000

Hello all,

I am currently traveling around, and I am looking for some private driving(auto) or motorbike lessons. I have no prior experience at all, and would like to get some practice before paying for tests and lessons.

I would prefer to learn how to ride a motorbike, as I think I will need the most practice with changing gears and such.

I am a quite, 24 yeard old male, and would hope a reasonable price could be worked out. I have worked in the computing field for the last 10 years, so may be able to provide a service in that respect in exchange.

Please do get back to me if interested, and I do hope I have not done the wrong thing by posting in this forum...

Cheers,
    Josh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you are prepared to travel, <SNIP> is the best on the West coast. I've used her several times and found my riding has improved immensely as a result. <SNIP> has three different school bikes and has been training bikers for years - she also does car lessons so maybe give her a call.

If you are confined to Galway call <SNIP> and tell him what you need. He has several different sized bikes and I've used him in the past.

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC->Learning to drive

OP, if you have zero experience it may be hard to find someone who will volunteer their car/bike. Perhaps start by getting a few lessons to get the hang of it and then practice with your friend/parents?

Advertisement