Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

I have a thread selling some gear, the largest piece being a G&G Raider Blowback, I didnt specify that in the heading, a new user made me an offer on the piece and i accepted, That person then over a series of PM's said he would not pay me for the item until i sent it and he inspected it / tested it, this went on for a few days and when i insisted to speak to a parent over pm's to ensure he was able to purchase he pulled out, My thread has now lost traction as a lot of time was wasted when i thought i had it sold, I want to start a new thread for the raider, can i do that?, and also can i leave a review for the person who wasted my time in suspicious circumstances questioning my legitimacy when i have a sterling record on boards and in the airsoft community?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

mcshape wrote: »
    I have a thread selling some gear, the largest piece being a G&G Raider Blowback, I didnt specify that in the heading, a new user made me an offer on the piece and i accepted, That person then over a series of PM's said he would not pay me for the item until i sent it and he inspected it / tested it, this went on for a few days and when i insisted to speak to a parent over pm's to ensure he was able to purchase he pulled out, My thread has now lost traction as a lot of time was wasted when i thought i had it sold, I want to start a new thread for the raider, can i do that?, and also can i leave a review for the person who wasted my time in suspicious circumstances questioning my legitimacy when i have a sterling record on boards and in the airsoft community?

Feedback

A feedback thread exists for users to post positive or negative feedback on airsoft adverts they have been involved in.

If users have a problem, they are required to first attempt to resolve the issue before posting negative feedback. Resolving the issue requires communication with the other party involved and if they wish, to notify the forum moderators.

taken from the adverts charter, what is left in your thread? can you pm me a link so i can have a look?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just to clarify, under current rules you can only leave feedback once a transaction has taken place - so, no, it wouldn't be appropriate in this case.

As thermo said, link to the specific thread or report a post and we'll take a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

as mcshape said should there be a timewasters feedback ?

Steve wrote: »
    Just to clarify, under current rules you can only leave feedback once a transaction has taken place - so, no, it wouldn't be appropriate in this case.

As thermo said, link to the specific thread or report a post and we'll take a look :)

Pm Sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭fido37

just wondering for future reference?

if the seller offers an item @ 90 euro
    and the says 80 and it yours to a buyer who then pulls his offer.

does 80 euro become the new asking price ?

and if the next buyer offers the 80 euro. does he get first refusal?

even if someone later offers the original price of 90 ?

i copped it on a tread today and i'm a little confused????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi fido,

Asking price rules are:
    8.Asking price rules

* Whoever offers the Asking price first gets first refusal.
    * The Asking price is the last price that the Seller has requested for the item.
    * After the Asking price is met, no user may offer "beyond" this; they may, however, continue to offer that Asking price in case that the first to offer drops out.

In this case the asking becomes 80 as soon as the seller is prepared to sell it at that.
    The first person to offer 80 after the selleer posted that is considered to have offered asking price and is first in line.

After the seller posted, as 80 is the new asking price, nobody mak subsequently offer more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    as mcshape said should there be a timewasters feedback ?
    So in my understanding, if you go to meet up with someone to do a transaction, but you don't feel happy with it and cancel for x, y, or z reason, does that mean that you can't say "feedback: went to meet up with Mr. x, y or z today, but was not happy with completing transaction as they seemed a bit dodge" or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Leftyflip wrote: »
    So in my understanding, if you go to meet up with someone to do a transaction, but you don't feel happy with it and cancel for x, y, or z reason, does that mean that you can't say "feedback: went to meet up with Mr. x, y or z today, but was not happy with completing transaction as they seemed a bit dodge" or whatever?
    No as in someone agreeing to a transaction then sending a pm saying they havent the funds and then buying something from another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭fido37

Hi fido,

Asking price rules are:

In this case the asking becomes 80 as soon as the seller is prepared to sell it at that.
    The first person to offer 80 after the selleer posted that is considered to have offered asking price and is first in line.

After the seller posted, as 80 is the new asking price, nobody mak subsequently offer more than that.

thanks steve.
    this happend to my bro today. should he just leave it or what should he do? could you advise me.

thanks again for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    No as in someone agreeing to a transaction then sending a pm saying they havent the funds and then buying something from another thread.
    Sorry shoulda been more clear with it, I agree though, that should be allowed too. What I mean is, say one of your terms of sale is over 18s only and Paddy Dolally is 15, but says he's 18 and you only realise this when you see him. It seems to me the feedback thread doesn't allow this.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Sorry shoulda been more clear with it, I agree though, that should be allowed too. What I mean is, say one of your terms of sale is over 18s only and Paddy Dolally is 15, but says he's 18 and you only realise this when you see him. It seems to me the feedback thread doesn't allow this.

Lefty, your hitting the nail on the head here, my issue is my AEG went sale agreen, then as soon as it went to pms my time was wasted, he asked for the goods first and then payment (learnt my lesson there before with a certain boards member - see feedback section if your curious) and then when i asked for a parent to discuss consent on the phone he backed out with a pathetic excuse, i want to post this in the buyer reviews, or ill start to PM ops who he is offering asking on stuff warning them in advance

Lads, this isn't the place for a discussion on feedback.

Let me sort something out.

Ok there's now a thread where you can give your opinions on feedback.

No more discussion here please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Samjoebob

What way am I ment to pay if i am getting a gun posted to me?

Samjoebob wrote: »
    What way am I ment to pay if i am getting a gun posted to me?
    That's something that you need to agree between yourself and the buyer.

There are some trading guidelines used on adverts.ie that are also relevant here.

I'd strongly recommend using registered post for any transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SBDDub

Hey Mod's,

Not sure if this belongs here in adverts as I am not the one selling, but I thought someone in the Airsoft community might benefit from this - at the following link there are 10 CLANSMAN PRC 349 RADIO's for sale by auction, the current bid is £150 for all 10!
    <snip>

Let me know if this can go in adverts, or should I post in another thread?
    Cheers
    SBDDub

SBDDub wrote: »
    Hey Mod's,

Not sure if this belongs here in adverts as I am not the one selling, but I thought someone in the Airsoft community might benefit from this - at the following link there are 10 CLANSMAN PRC 349 RADIO's for sale by auction, the current bid is £150 for all 10!
    <snip>

Let me know if this can go in adverts, or should I post in another thread?
    Cheers
    SBDDub
    Hi, it's not really suitable for this forum.

I'm also not sure if they're legal to use here (mil band etc..), have asked the other mods for input. If they are we'll find somewhere suitable to post.

Edit: According to comreg, the frequency range they use is restricted to government use (aka mil / emergency services etc.) so that'd be a no.

More info here (warning, large pdf - 6MB)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 D.D.airsoft

Hey Steve a quick one for you, I am selling an airsoft sniper rifle and have discovered the person who wants to buy it is 16. Are there any rules I should know about, should I only sell to over 18's?

Hey Steve a quick one for you, I am selling an airsoft sniper rifle and have discovered the person who wants to buy it is 16. Are there any rules I should know about, should I only sell to over 18's?
    There are no legalities that I'm aware of (I'm no expert though), nor are there any forum rules that say you can't.

Use best judgement I suppose, It's a private sale between individuals so it's down to an individual's sense of responsibility. We can't police stuff like that.

My personal opinion (not speaking as a mod) is if I was in that situation then I'd ask to speak to the parents and make sure they were aware of what their child was buying. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Zaku212

Might not be my place to say so, but i'm pretty sure it's something like 14 and over can use em with supervision, 18 over can use em, anything younger than 14 can't at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Quick question,

There's a boardsie here, asking for recommendations for a first primary and secondary weapon..

Would it be against the rules to point the user towards my add?

Seems to fit the bill..

Cheers,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hi peatcass I would say yeah post a link to your add In the thread.

peatcass wrote: »
    Quick question,

There's a boardsie here, asking for recommendations for a first primary and secondary weapon..

Would it be against the rules to point the user towards my add?

Seems to fit the bill..

Cheers,

P.
    That'd be fine as long as it's relevant (bit busy and haven't fully read the thread or your ad).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

quick question

is it against the charter to sell weapons that are over the above limit of 328 and then tampered with by the seller after deal is secure and before actual purchase to make it under 328 or 1 joule?

There are two question there.

1. It's against the rules to advertise any item that is above 1 joule.
    2. It's against the law to own any item above 1 Joule without a firearms license.

So, yes, it would be against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Thanks Steve, next time someone says they put a 1 joule spring into it because it was beginning to fire to much over the limit im dropping that deal, glad I didnt buy that AEG in the end, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Ciaranmc2k10

Hi first time buying something on Boards and was wondering If I'm buying something over Postage and I pay the Seller the amount E.G 20 euro and he those not sell the Item what can I do.

Hi first time buying something on Boards and was wondering If I'm buying something over Postage and I pay the Seller the amount E.G 20 euro and he those not sell the Item what can I do.
    Hi,
    Not sure I understand you there, could you elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Ciaranmc2k10

Hi,
    Not sure I understand you there, could you elaborate?

If I payed the seller the money over paypal and he said he would post it but he did'nt what could I do.

Advertisement