Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I cannot believe that OTH is still going! How old are the cast now ffs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

New guide to everything cancelled'renewed etc. http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/04/28/canceled-shows-returning-series/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bones and fringe renewed by fox. Human target, lie to me and Chicago code still in the balance. According to www.nydailynews.com/blogs/showandtell/2011/05/lucky-seven-fox-renews-bones

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Really hope Chicago Code doesnt get cancelled!! It's one of the best shows on TV at the minute IMO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Really hope Chicago Code doesnt get cancelled!! It's one of the best shows on TV at the minute IMO!!

+1

I'm also holding hope for Detroit 187 but it seems like it is a goner :(

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    No news on Bones? I think this season is supposedly performing quite well for Fox.

Got renewed for a 7th season

Both Brothers & Sisters + House appear to be getting one more season each, final seasons....depending on budget cuts: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/brothers-and-sister-house-in.html

Hustle is to be axed after its upcoming 8th series

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hustle is to be axed after its upcoming 8th series

It's not being axed. The creator of the show has decided to let it end while it's still popular rather than milking it for years to come. The BBC are eager for it to continue, it's a big ratings hit for them as such they have plans to either rest it for awhile before bringing it back or of bringing in a whole new cast and doing a spin off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone heard anything about Parenthood? I've got to really like it lately, was already looking forward to the next season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Both Brothers & Sisters + House appear to be getting one more season each, final seasons....depending on budget cuts: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/brothers-and-sister-house-in.html
    'House' is troubled?! I thought that was a ratings juggernaut and that the only thing that'd ever stop it is Hugh Laurie leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I hope outsourced does not get Canceled maybe the best new show of this year i find it a lot funnyer then modern family and i think it has a very good cast and i hope we even get 13 more epps of it

Also i hope Mad Love stays around to the 2nd best new show this year and maybe the best 4 people they could have got for the rules and they play them great but the only thing holding it back its to much like how i met your mother

Chuck has to stay the best tv show on tv haveint been watching in in a while and went back and looked at few epps today what a great show its mustly the same but its still a great show

Fox has renewed family Guy and The Cleveland show: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/09/fox-renews-family-guy-cleveland-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Chuck has to stay the best tv show on tv haveint been watching in in a while and went back and looked at few epps today what a great show its mustly the same but its still a great show

By the sounds of some of the spoilers I've read
    The current series could end on a cliffhanger/open ending of sorts.
    But on the other hand, the viewing figures have been pretty low, so who knows how much longer it will last?
    But on the 3rd, grossly mutated hand, it did just win a bunch of awards, Hulu, etc. So it's definitely got support.[/]

ixoy wrote: »
    'House' is troubled?! I thought that was a ratings juggernaut and that the only thing that'd ever stop it is Hugh Laurie leaving.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s58/house/news/a318666/house-to-end-after-eighth-season.html

House star Hugh Laurie has suggested that the show could end after its eighth season.
    The Fox medical drama's seventh season will conclude on May 23, with negotiations currently ongoing between
    Fox, NBC Universal and various cast members for another run.
    Speaking to the Radio Times, Laurie said: "The end of that [eighth] season, right now, looks like the end of the show."
    The actor is currently contracted for one more season, while many of his co-stars have yet to sign up for an eighth year.
    "That [additional season is] as far as they've got me for," he clarified.
    House star Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) recently insisted that the show's future is secure for the foreseeable future.
    "Nobody at work seems to think [that the show] won't [return]," she said. "Everybody wants to come to a deal."

• Balls. Chicago Code cancelled. Just got into it too: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Balls. Chicago Code cancelled. Just got into it too: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/

Nooooooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ah no :(

So Human Target, Breaking In, Chicago Code, Lie to Me and Traffic Light are cancelled

Unless it is Glee or American Idol, Fox dont give it a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

So Human Target, Breaking In, Chicago Code, Lie to Me and Traffic Light are cancelled

Unless it is Glee or American Idol, Fox dont give it a chance
    Fox have been notoriously bad at giving shows a chance for years and years. At this stage I blame the showrunners and producers for going to them in the first place when there are other Networks that would give them more leeway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

KerranJast wrote: »
    Fox have been notoriously bad at giving shows a chance for years and years. At this stage I blame the showrunners and producers for going to them in the first place when there are other Networks that would give them more leeway.

I blame the people who watch Glee and American Idol.

Kiith wrote: »
    I blame the people who watch Glee and American Idol.

I watch Glee and also watch Human Target, Breaking In, The Chicago Code and Lie to Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I thought entourage was due for nine seasons with a movie between 8 & 9 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Balls. Chicago Code cancelled. Just got into it too: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/

No :(
    It's a great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I watch Glee and also watch Human Target, Breaking In, The Chicago Code and Lie to Me

you only have 1/5 of a portion of blame so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Still hoping Detroit 187 doesn't get cancelled, but it seems unlikely. A seriously underated show. Shame another network don't pick it up instead if ABC don't want it. That's what happened to the excellent 'Damages'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

SB-08 wrote: »
    Still hoping Detroit 187 doesn't get cancelled, but it seems unlikely. A seriously underated show. Shame another network don't pick it up instead if ABC don't want it. That's what happened to the excellent 'Damages'.

I agree, Detroit 187 is a great show, its more in the mould of a classic cop show like Kojak though which is maybe why it hasn't snagged a good following.

Its unfortunate that Chase didn't do so well either, I think I'm probably the only one left watching it at this stage :)

Fox not picking up Locke and Key for a full season, guess the expense of bringing back House for another season meant that far more interesting shows were cancelled or shelved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Fox not picking up Locke and Key for a full season, guess the expense of bringing back House for another season meant that far more interesting shows were cancelled or shelved.
    I don't think it works like that. Fox know how much House will make for them, and would only renew if they expected a profit from it, so if anything, having it would give them more confidence to invest in something new, if they thought there was a chance they could make money on it.

Advertisement