Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

• 10-06-2011 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, seeing as the individual threads seemed to been a let down, the general thread will be given a go again.

Post results and details of your shows in here.

Please note there will be a zero tolerance policy on muppetry. I will have absolutely no problem in closing this thread down again and will have less of a problem in handing out lengthy bans.

It will be a regular thread rather than a sticky.

If you wish to update your own individual threads as well, work away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Sirsok wrote: »
    any photos from the weekend? Didnt know ye were in kilkenny till it was to late :(

Hi Shane shame you didnt know about it!

Heres one I found if I can get more Il post them up!

25kr3hs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Is Insano in Iww now? When did this happen? Could it mean Iww booking other irish talent? If so i applaud it. Its nice to see the likes of mandrake and insano work together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

Irish Dragon & Danny "The Pain" Deans look back at their match at DCW Aftermath and discuss their upcoming matches against Vic Viper & The Executioner at the Blanchardstown Bash Saturday June 18th Verona Sports & Leisure Centre

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=395pJBIXPc4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

2 Huge Shows This Weekend!

Beginning TONIGHT (Saturday) in Bangor, Co. Down at 7pm
    Venue: Hamilton House

Featuring a Fatal 4 Way Match:
    Shawn Maxer Vs. Justin Shape Vs. Danny Butler Vs. Philly The Kid

Tomorrow night (Sunday) in Bray, Co. Wicklow at 6.30pm
    Venue: Wolfe Tonw Youth Club & Community Centre (tickets @8 at the door)

Featuring an NLW World Title Match:
    Hometown hero Paul Tracey (c) Vs. Dunkan Disorderly

And:
    Justin Shape & Danny Butler reunite as TEAM MEGA to answer the challenge of a new tag team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ4AKfD1iqE

Ballymun Bruiser & Ger Murphy sign the contract for the anything goes Blanchardstown Brawl Saturday June 18th 2011 Verona Sports & Leisure Club Dublin 15

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tjdAywgOwzc

• Advertisement

Marc Savage is hell bent on elimintaing T & K from DCW and wants Lycan to finish off Karl Brien in the DCW Inner City Championship Battle Royal

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iGhyt6CtEQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

DCW and others constantly bumping both this and there own thead with the same info is gonna get annoying as fu*k..

DCW and others constantly bumping both this and there own thead with the same info is gonna get annoying as fu*k..

yeah come on DCW, one or the other. No need to flood the forum.

NLW at Wolfe Tone Youth Club, Bray TONIGHT @6.30pm, Tix €8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats what I meant in the other topic when I asked if the individual ones were going to be locked to be honest; since I have no interest in the Irish wrestling scene, it's annoying having multiple topics flooding the board, especially when they are giving the same info :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus christ, the whinging is becoming unreal around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Thats what I meant in the other topic when I asked if the individual ones were going to be locked to be honest; since I have no interest in the Irish wrestling scene, it's annoying having multiple topics flooding the board, especially when they are giving the same info :S

if ppl have a problem,why dont the mods just close the threads for each company,cause if im mistaken didnt the mods say each company could post in both threads,so at least if someone want to check out nlw they could go to the nlw thread and see whats happening there or come here aswell if they want to discuss what shows they were at or what they didnt like bout the shows they were at,weather its dcw,nlw,mainstage,iww etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Some of the other companies didnt even start ther own thread wen the 1st irish wrestling thread closed. so i guess it would be better to close all the individual promotions threads and just have the 1 big general discussion :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gimmick wrote: »
    Jesus christ, the whinging is becoming unreal around here.

Sorry, don't mean to come accross as if I'm whinging. It certainly doesn't bother me to a huge extent. The only reason I am saying it is cause this is one of the few boards I visit where topics generally don't tend to duplicate and with the Irish promotions topics, there has been overlapping.

Regardless, I apologise again and I'll take my leave from the topic....

Results from Bangor, Co. Down 11/6/11:

6 Man Tag:
    Tucker, Anthony Idol and Silas Black defeated Thunder & Lightening and JDP

No1 Contenders Match for the NLW Title:
    Jake Mason defeated Victor Payne

3 Way Match:
    Damien Corvin defeated Vice and Brian Corr

OMEN defeated Wildcat Wylie

Ladies Match: Kasey Owens defeated Leah Owens

NLW Title Match:
    Paul Tracey defeated Jake Mason after interference from Victor Payne

Fatal 4 Way Match:
    Shawn Maxer defeated Philly the Kid, Danny Butler and Justin Shape

Results from NLW in Bray, Co. Wicklow 12/6/11

Bonesaw defeated Tucker in the opening match.

Next, Shawn Maxer defeated the "Big Pimp Daddy" J.C.

OMEN defeated "All Star" Anthony Idol

The returning Team MEGA defeated the Epic Express

Robbie Morrissey defeated Philly The Kid

NLW Champion Paul Tracey defeated Dunkan Disorderly to retain the NLW Title in the Main Event.

Thanks to everyone who came out to see us in Bray and Bangor over the weekend, and we look forward to our next outing in Quarryville Community and Leisure Centre, Clondalkin, Dublin on June 26th.

260385_10150623940115247_566825246_18960097_5920162_n.jpg

After clashes at the Dublin City Rumble and the Championship Chase Sister Laura and Siren will finally go one on one June 18th at the Blanchardstown Bash

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y2-_dwXXws

Irish Dragon acts as an interpreter for Space Cadet as him and Karl shoot the **** about the DCW Inner City Championship Battle Royal www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqaUqWbmZA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Just learned about Jenny Sjodin not someone you hear about every today. She seems to preparing to become something special with a very varied skillset.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Jenny is a great talent. Becoming the Pro Wrestling Eve champion is a massive deal for female wrestling in Europe. Although Jenny is Swedish I think its another thing for Irish wrestling to be proud of seeing as she was trained in the Fight Factory. She is now the one to beat in Europe. And with Jordan Devlin working with Zero-1 in Japan as we speak the Fight Factory will be boasting itself as the best training school in Ireland for a while longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

She is like a cross between Aisling Daly and Rebecca Knoxx. Pretty cool.

• Advertisement

Karl Brien shows the DCW fans how to get to the Blanchardstown Bash this Saturday at Verona Sports & Leisure Centre and addresses Marc Savage

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qHrvtSMWw&feature=player_embedded

NLW and FFPW star Jordan Devlin is still doing us all proud in Japan's Zero 1! Keep up the good work Jordan!
    254535_217414694957125_167386333293295_735384_4986889_n.jpg

LA Warren has some news for Working Class John ahead of the DCW Inner City Championship Battle Royal this Saturday at Blanchardstown Bash www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poB8fc8yvxs

Irish Dragon returns to the venue where he made his Irish wrestling debut Verona Sports & Leisure Centre Blanchardstown and after Saturday he wants to leave it with the DCW Heavyweight Championship www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gtnfctiwys&feature=channel_video_title

I'm pleased to announce that we will host the first Cruiserweight Cup Tournament over the coming months with the final taking place in September at the NLW 5th Anniversary Show.

Names will be picked for the tournament over the coming days so I'm asking readers to post here the names of wrestlers they feel suitable for the tournament. Numbers are limited so not every wrestler who fits into the cruiserweight category will be included. However, I do want to see who readers feel SHOULD be there and this will give an indication as to who the most popular candidates are.

The Cruiserweight Cup is NOT just open to people who are currently competing for NLW. It's open to IRISH WRESTLERS. So post names here you feel should be included and the final brackets will be announced this time next week. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bingo Ballance
    Irish Dragon
    Shawn Maxer
    Paddy Morrow
    Anthony Idol
    Tucker
    LA Warren
    Mandrake ( Zero Gravity Champion after all .....doubt a possibility)

and ehhhhhh.......... danny deans? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IWW now have between 30 & 40 shows booked between July & August, and the count is still rising. This will probably be the most intense summer in the history of IWW, and the most lengthy grueling tour in IWW's history.

We are looking to find new talent with the hopes to mould them into a part of the future generation of IWW. We are looking for people with a good mental attitude, highly respectful to the craft, high work ethic, physical ability and a constant willingness to improve.

We currently train before shows. We aren't looking for time wasters who abuse the craft, and because we are looking for future talent company you will be expected to travel with us and learn the trade. This is best time for you to start pursuing your dream, and learn every aspect of the wrestling lifestyle.

See the Facebook training page below to read all about what IWW has to offer you.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Sirsok wrote: »
    Bingo Ballance
    Irish Dragon
    Shawn Maxer
    Paddy Morrow
    Anthony Idol
    Tucker

I would also add to that list Brother Skelly, Karl Brien, Sean South, Lee Lightening, Thunder Titan, Bam Katraz, Andy Phoenix & Kev Rocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Iww are doing an inhuman amount of dates coming up. Fair play to them i hope all goes well. I wonder since they seemed to have become more lax on the rules of outside talent will they maybe approach the likes of maxer, Morrow, Omen and Dunky. They seems like the natural choices for a roster to me even only for a few shows. As for NLW's cruiserweight tournament there was a 16 man tournament not so long ago in the fight factory lots of lads in there to check out. My choice is Jordan Devlin but chances are zero-1 will have him signed (hopefully).

Advertisement