Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Marc Savage

davepower wrote: »
    hi guys thanks for the feedback

Don't know who u are and I don't care but your not Dave Power of DCW and Trust me Mods can you block this guy spoken to the Real Dave Power and he told me to report you, your the kind of people that will this this thread closed so Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Is Who Is davepower? DCW's take on the Greater Power storyline?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Closing this until it's sorted out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Re-opened. Please keep to respectful discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Once again this event is completely 100% over-18's only. No 'boo-yeah' wrestling just fast-paced hardcore action. Plus this event is 'Bring your own beer'.

I havn't been to an Irish indy show before, but I'm hoping to start attending a few real soon, and that over 18's only rule is really appealing to me. Is it a rare rule, or is it common-place on the indy scene here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Found a cool little channel for old IWW stuff, this vid is fair enjoyable....well was for me.....wish twc came back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Are any irish wrestlers on twitter? i started an account today and i need people to follow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Its a rare occurrence because pretty much what WWE does everyone else in the world follows so alot of current shows are PG and are very family orientated along with a panto style show, even in the UK there's a few 18 only shows, for the hardcore where you wont see kiddie gimmicks or guys pulling back, the uk ones have the blood and hardcore gimmicks flowing to them as well,

As for irish wrestlers on twitter theres a few, Sean south, ballymun bruiser, father soul, justin shape i think is,

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Smoshi wrote: »
    Are any irish wrestlers on twitter? i started an account today and i need people to follow :)

There are a few of them yeah.
    I know @BmunBruiser is on there as is @Justin_Shape, @BamKatraz, Sean South, @BingoBallance and a few others I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cinder

I Follow these guys:

@WorkinClassJohn
    @BamKatraz
    @Justin_Shape
    @DublinWrestling

• Advertisement

Its Sean South! i bet it is.

Hopefully they will use good wrestlers from ireland like Maxer, Tucker, Bingo & Insano. And avoid the likes of LA warren, Working class john, Galligan and bruiser.

Question aswell. As the name is big europe wrestling, will there be many fly ins? i'd like to see some marty scrull or mark haskins mixing it up with the irish lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Opening Match: Bonesaw Def. Bro Skelly

Match 2: Phily The Kid & Kasey Owens def. Justin Shape & Leah Owens

Match 3: Tucker Def. Anthony Idol to advance to the 'Cruiser 8' tournament in September.

Match 4: OMEN def. Sammy D

Match 5: Thunder & Lightening Def. Team EPIC in a 'Dublin Vs. Kildare' Tag Team Match (NLW have informed us that T&L will both be advancing to the 'Cruiser 8' Tournament after this win)

Main Event: 'Lord of the manor' Paul Tracey (c) def. Sean 'Maxer' Brennan to retain the NLW Championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

went to the nlw show. was pretty good. gud 2 see tucker getting into the crusweright tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

I think this weekend proved MSW and NLW are the tops with two awesome shows with 200+ in the crowd of both shows. Watch here for details of upcoming shows.

268917_221088684589726_167386333293295_755384_1714698_n.jpg

NLW also announced on their Facebook page that former WWE star Scotty 2 Hotty will be part of the 5th Anniversary this September.

270427_221155964582998_167386333293295_756035_957939_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

DCW Double Header Saturday July 23rd and Sunday July 24th
    DCW Celtic Uprising
    Saturday July 23rd Ballyfermot Civic Centre

DCW Heavyweight Champion Irish Dragon will be in action

DCW Inner City Champion Brother Skelly will be in action

DCW Tag Team Champions British Bold will be in action

Plus much more

Admission 10€

DCW Battle In Balbriggan
    Sunday July 24th Balbriggan Community Centre Balbriggan 5:30pm

Matches to be announced soon

www.dublinwrestling.ie and Dublin Championship Wrestling on Facebook for all the latest news concerning this Double Header of DCW action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Dunno if DCW would have a problem with me postin this here but was lookin through a ew vids and since i never seen tucker wrestle before i was intrigued as i heard good things.....the guy is class, wouldnt look out of place with the renowned cruiserweights of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

great to c the cruserweight tournament brackets. cant wait to see how tat turns out. tucker was impressive at nlw the other day. finish was a sick canadian destroyer.

deadly news about stevie richards coming over for the new company. where is the show gonna be on

When are the next qualifiers for the cruiser 8 tournament? any ideas who the participants will be? i would like to see sean south, insano, sean brennan, brother skelly, bam katraz and bingo balance in there. maybe irish dragon too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 wrestlinpenis

hey guys

When are the next qualifiers for the cruiser 8 tournament? any ideas who the participants will be? i would like to see sean south, insano, sean brennan, brother skelly, bam katraz and bingo balance in there. maybe irish dragon too.

Just to pass on info about this, I'm not sure where the next qualifying matches will take place. But there will definately be one at Poetry Slam 2 in September. Hopefully I can get more information on this soon.

Well it seems some serious **** has gone down with DCW the past few days, First Brother Skelly leaves, he had just won the DCW inner city belt aswell. Then this morning Gerry soul has left and posted on his face book why:

I would like to thank everyone at DCW for the last year. its been great at times and i thank every fan who booed me and every wrestler and worker who befriended me. But when your told u cant work where u want and when your friends are trashed to your face time after time cause the drunken promotor thinks everyones against him ya kinda have to draw the line. So as of now Father Soul will NO LONGER be working in DCW.

Guess Dave power has become a paranoid drunken idiot then, would explain the booking of his shows.

So it appears a lot of talent associated with DCW have all left today stemming from the actions of the promoters/bookers of the company.

All left as of today:

Vic Viper
    Brother Skelly
    Kev Rocks
    Sister laura
    Gerry Soul
    Jennidee
    Jonny Stash
    Max Mortello
    Lee Lighting
    Thunder Titan
    Amazing Insano
    Lenny Hanna
    John Jennings
    Steve crawley
    Darren Holmes

and rumor is a lot more will be following,

Seems angley at this stage.

Dave Power is Vince McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

drayme wrote: »
    Seems angley at this stage.

Dave Power is Vince McMahon.

What does that make the other guy, Ger Murphy?

So Power is back on the sauce and losing his head, making rash decisions, if DCW manages to survive i will be surprised, I hope it does but with most of the top guys or guys I enjoyed watching gone from there, is there anyone else left to fill the void?

15 people walking out is an angle where did you come from?

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    15 people walking out is an angle where did you come from?

The Attitude Era

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dazzler1991

Vic Viper, Brother Skelly, Sister Laura, Jennidee, Max Martello, Kev Roxx and Gerry Soul left today!

Most of the rest of the guys left way earlier, around feb/march......at ''dcw mania'' thunder and lightening, john jennings,johnny stash, lenny hanna, steve crawley and insano didnt even appear, I left in april.

Its not an angle...... this somehow is actually happening, so basically he has handed most of his talent over to MSW and NLW now, which will only make each roster stronger, they are the ones who benefit from this nonsense....but certain people cant understand that, because they love the sound of their own voice too much

• Advertisement

Vic Viper, Brother Skelly, Sister Laura, Jennidee, Max Martello, Kev Roxx and Gerry Soul left today!

Most of the rest of the guys left way earlier, around feb/march......at ''dcw mania'' thunder and lightening, john jennings,johnny stash, lenny hanna, steve crawley and insano didnt even appear, I left in april.

Its not an angle...... this somehow is actually happening, so basically he has handed most of his talent over to MSW and NLW now, which will only make each roster stronger, they are the ones who benefit from this nonsense....but certain people cant understand that, because they love the sound of their own voice too much

I guess that would explain this random and incoherent rant: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72883590&postcount=72

I feel sorry for the innocent parties involved but DCW imploding wont be a major loss to this thread or the local scene honestly.

Advertisement