Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Want, You Lose!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

^^^ wife has one in red ^^^

Things gets a really good use. Sometimes she reminds me of butchers boys mother - always baking, cakes everywhere,0.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One day, when my ship comes in, I may have a word with Chris Larkin in Co. Kerry, and get him to make me something like this:

2a14beb1aee2d71c6fecb12f25c690f7_XL.jpg

Not exactly like that - he's a custom builder - but that wood (spalted beech) is sublime. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

As far as guitars go, the most beautiful thing ever created was the Rickenbacker.

tumblr_lxmfbi0PWu1ql7mh2o1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Comics_cubes.jpg
    tumblr_m7w263doOE1raplpwo4_1280.jpg
    1comicroomDoorView1-700x525.jpg
    library-700x658.jpg
    008-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If I had a library like that, it would still be missing one crucial thing: Time to enjoy it ... I can has time machine? :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Epic comic book libary
    I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!
    Posters looking for custom guitars
    If I could play the guitar, I'd go for something like this:
    falcon-girl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Oh gods, yes

32307.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

655740394489840.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Yes ladies, this is the Tektronix MDO4104-6.

4 analogue 1 GHz channels, 16 digital channels and a 6 GHz spectrum analyzer. About €30k before you add the option modules

20042_73.jpg

Whats that ? Some sort of wireless ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Scioch wrote: »
    Whats that ? Some sort of wireless ?

Google says it's an Oscilloscope, for measuring frequency of electrical signals.

For the uninitiated...What exactly do you use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its an oscilloscope, a logic analyser and a spectrum analyser

The oscilloscope allows you to view voltage signals plotted against time. The spectrum analyzer plots the voltage magnitude against the frequency. The logic analyzer is time based too but plots and decodes digital data i.e. the 1's and 0's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Google says it's an Oscilloscope, for measuring frequency of electrical signals.

For the uninitiated...What exactly do you use it for?

Its a REALLY expensive kids playcentre :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Chet T16 wrote: »

The oscilloscope allows you to view voltage signals plotted against time. The spectrum analyzer plots the voltage magnitude against the frequency. The logic analyzer is time based too but plots and decodes digital data i.e. the 1's and 0's

Great answer, and thank you!

But lets just say, hypothetically, that I'm a simpleton...Why do you want to do those things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

But lets just say, hypothetically, that I'm a simpleton...Why do you want to do those things?

Because all those things are awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

To check how much charge is left in the batteries for the remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I use them in collage (An older, more basic model) and as far as I can tell, it's mostly for testing and troubleshooting electronic equipment. Have yet to find a use for one other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Now that that has made my vagina sufficiently moist, would you like to engage in coitus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

20050816-201431.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

kylith wrote: »
    Now that that has made my vagina sufficiently moist, would you like to engage in coitus?

This should be post of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I use them in collage (An older, more basic model) and as far as I can tell, it's mostly for testing and troubleshooting electronic equipment. Have yet to find a use for one other than that.

Also for analysing audio signals, I'd assume it's to use with a synthesiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yes ladies, this is the Tektronix MDO4104-6.

4 analogue 1 GHz channels, 16 digital channels and a 6 GHz spectrum analyzer. About €30k before you add the option modules

Yus! For once I didn't lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

In other words it's intensely boring.

I can haz tapering kit, plz?

This would be a great Xmas present for me considering how expensive it is to buy sstretchers and jewelary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

402px-Jurong_Bird_Park_Entrance_0337.JPG

World's largest Aviary.

Robbed from the gif thread. I want that coffee table.

OCxwL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Floppy Disc Coffee Table
    755.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

As a Dominos lover my sister made this for my birthday! :D:D

Chocolate biscuit pizza cake :p

401339_10151147561288837_595224657_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2_cool-products05.jpg