Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Seat Mega Thread! Please post all your car seat questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

BeSafe have brought out a new ERF carseat, the Izi Plus.

http://www.besafe.se/Produkter/Bilbarnstol-0-18-0-25-kg/iZi-Plus. Link in Swedish.

Apparently it is seat belt installation only and goes up to 25kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Luella Few Gang

My seat finally arrived today. 2 1/2 weeks after flubit said it was in their office and would be shipped direct that day.
    it got shipped monday this week and they gave me £50 as an apology.
    Seemingly kiddicare.com couldnt post to PM!

Anyway its in the car and junior will get to trial it out tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skit490

Is there a price on that link[ can't see one but I'm on my phone so not sure I can see full screen.
    quote="Lola92;84400759"]BeSafe have brought out a new ERF carseat, the Izi Plus.

http://www.besafe.se/Produkter/Bilbarnstol-0-18-0-25-kg/iZi-Plus. Link in Swedish.

Apparently it is seat belt installation only and goes up to 25kg.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

skit490 wrote: »
    Is there a price on that link[ can't see one but I'm on my phone so not sure I can see full screen.
    quote="Lola92;84400759"]BeSafe have brought out a new ERF carseat, the Izi Plus.

Apparently it is seat belt installation only and goes up to 25kg.
    [/quote]

I don't think so as the seat is not on the market yet afaik. I heard a mention on a June sale release in Scandanavia and potentially September for Europe/UK

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

My seat finally arrived today. 2 1/2 weeks after flubit said it was in their office and would be shipped direct that day.
    it got shipped monday this week and they gave me £50 as an apology.
    Seemingly kiddicare.com couldnt post to PM!

Anyway its in the car and junior will get to trial it out tomorrow:D

So after nearly a months trial, are you happy with the seat? I am thinking of getting one. I presume if I go through flubit the free delivery will be out now with them not delivering to pm. Nice apology you got all the same Luella Few Gang :)

• Advertisement

cowlick wrote: »
    So after nearly a months trial, are you happy with the seat? I am thinking of getting one. I presume if I go through flubit the free delivery will be out now with them not delivering to pm. Nice apology you got all the same tatranska :)

after a month junior is very happy with his new seat:)

it was a great buy. if you can buy through kiddicare UK for free delivery to pm and collect its probably the best way though their .ie domain delivers here free over a certain value I think. exchange rate might not be great though.

Flubit ended up posting it UK mail direct to finglas o I didn't pay pm charges:). I've still not heard what happened despite an email from the Flubit MD saying I would.

I think moonbeam should get the credit though for a great recommendation.... take a bow:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we have had ours about a year and she still loves her car seat:)
    I dream of visiting a kiddicare store...:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    we have had ours about a year and she still loves her car seat:)
    I dream of visiting a kiddicare store...:)

I just dream of getting some sleep some day in the future was and having some money in my pocket I can call my own ( currently junior raids it every time I come home from work - practicing for when he grows up)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

I just dream of getting some sleep some day in the future was and having some money in my pocket I can call my own ( currently junior raids it every time I come home from work - practicing for when he grows up)

thats good ye are happy with them!!! My only concern is if i'll be able to manage tying the seat belt as I have 2 booster seats also in the back seat!!! Aw Luella Few Gang hope you get some sleep soon, its tough going!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Hi,
    I just started researching carseats (due September), I've been on to which.co.uk and it seems the Maxi-Cosi cabriofix is their number one recommendation so I had a look at the maxi-cosi website car compatibility page and it seems that the cabriofix plus easyfix isofix (lots of fixes there) is not compatible with my wife's 2011 Fiesta 3-dr or my own 2004 Vectra hatch (despite both having isofix points), I think that this may have something to do with the size of the seat but I'm not sure.
    Anyway, this led me to searching for carseats compatible with the car but I'm chasing dead ends and a bit confused by it all. Does anyone know where I can find good info as to what seats/bases fit what cars?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Would you not just use the seat belt to strap it down. We have the cabrio fix, seat belt is very easy and quickly done. It's just as safe as the isofix. We looked at getting isofix base but decided against it as there is only one maxi cost next stage car seat that fits it and were not keen on that seat.
    Yes isofix is handing but seatbelt strap is very quick and you have it down to a T in no time, also save you buying the base- you can put it towards something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I used maxi cabrio fix car seat with non isofix base.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Ah sorry, should have said that cabriofix doesn't seem to fit at all, unifix or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Lisha wrote: »
    I used maxi cabrio fix car seat with non isofix base.

I used the same with easybase 2 Maxicosi, this uses the seatbelt and makes the cabriofix easy to click in and out of base without fumbling with seatbelt everytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

mrroboito wrote: »
    it seems that the cabriofix plus easyfix isofix (lots of fixes there) is not compatible with my wife's 2011 Fiesta 3-dr or my own 2004 Vectra hatch (despite both having isofix points),

You should pop in somewhere and check it out, we had a cabriofix and a easybase I think it was in a Vectra saloon for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Byzantium4

It's probably that the seat just hasn't been crash tested in your particular car and so the results aren't available online. Call into Kealy's or somewhere and get the car seat and base physically checked in the car and if it doesn't fit they should be able to see what car seats will fit!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi All,

Our little 1 has grown out of the rear facing car seat that she had from birth (head and feet out of it) so we got 1 of these unfortunately she can't sleep in it cause she keeps slumping forward, just wondering if anyone has any tips on using these or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

What weight is your child Clareman?

Are you using seat in recline position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

I think the seat has a recline setting- maybe that red section at front- push , press or pull that and the seat should recline

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

She's 8.85kg weight, but she's long (should that be tall?). I've it reclined as much as possible but she's still flopping down :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

how old and tall is she?
    You may need to get one that leans them back a bit so they are naturally lying back when they fall asleep.

She's 9 months (today actually), I don't know how tall she is, I'll have to check that out. By the looks of things I'll be buying a new car seat I guess :(

Tbh if she's not 9kg yet I'd be leaving her in the first seat.
    What brand is the first seat?
    Edit check paperwork if seat to see weight restrictions! I found once baby was 9-12 months weight gain really slowed do baby may have more time in first seat than ye think

My daughter was very long and big and age was in maxi cosi guest seat til 15months. Her legs were out but head not over top.

I'd def try recline position in second seat
    Edit just saw you've tried recline ! :(

mine were in the maxi cosi until about 14/15 months then to the besafe izi fix until 3 1/2 then the kiddy guardian fix pro. The last 2 recline.
    The kiddy seats are very good and worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Little My

New regulations came out in July but they are a little confusing.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/baby/child-car-seat-confusion-guide-to-the-new-regulations-and-products/

http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/safe-world/isize/what-is-isize.aspx

It seems at this stage you won't be breaking the regulations by having a 9 month old forward facing but in a few years you would be, but if you buy a new Isofix car seat now & put a 9 month old forward facing in it you are.

Have I got it right?

(Edit - just tried reading the regulations again & still confused....)

It seems that my wife's car (Focus) has head rests that was pushing the top of the chair out, so it wasn't really reclining that much, we've decided though to put back in the old car seat in that car and have the other 1 in my car, we'll use her car for long journeys and mine will be just too and from the child minders. I'll measure her later when she sleeps.

By the way, I'm just fixing the car seats with the seat belts although I do have isofix anchor points in both cars, what kind of cables do I need to get?

By the way, the first car seat was Graco as well. Just measured here there, 30" or 77cm, I'm thinking we were too eager to swop her out so we'll leave her in the other car seat for a while yet. I'd be interested to get advice for the mounting points though, this car seat is supposed to do till she's 12 and I got a good deal on it online (£99) so I wouldn't minding paying for whatever cables are needed.

I can't help with isofix cables . Werehalfords or shop you bought them any help ?

I think you prob right in thinking ye moved her a bit early .

My daughter was well above average and she did get 15months from first seat

Isofix cables?

• Advertisement

I don't know what you'd call them, the way to connect the base to the car without using the seat belts.

Advertisement