Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• suomi wrote: »
    when_you_see_it12.jpg

there someone behind the bush is that it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

there someone behind the bush is that it ?
    What bush?

Look at the little girls arm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Didn't know how to report it coz it wouldn't let me onto the page so just putting it here.
    When I click the 'Go to first new post' button on ylyl it comes up saying 'Something's not right here. Malware detected'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Getting malware warnings from the last page on YLYL thread in reference to picturescream.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Got the same message here.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Ye running McAfee by any chance? I gets it too on any boards page occasionally

staker wrote: »
    Ye running McAfee by any chance? I gets it too on any boards page occasionally

Its been flagged by google by the looks of it.

• Same here.
    "contains content from "picturescream.com", a site known to distibute malware"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Should be fine now. If anyone gets anymore let me know and i'll just snip it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

riggerman wrote: »
    Sky news img

Ok, what am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

Blisterman wrote: »
    Ok, what am I missing?

The guy on the right , is he feeling the nip ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Blisterman wrote: »
    Ok, what am I missing?

She looks like shes looking down and laughing and he looks like his pubes are on display,chillyness=no mickey in pubes:confused: thats my take on it.

Willy warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Allyall wrote: »
    dyke-decked-o.gif

i need the full video of this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

TechnoPool wrote: »
    i need the full video of this!!

It's got it's own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

214280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Anyone know what this is about?

23734137.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I thought it was related to this, but not sure!

Basq wrote: »
    ^ I thought it was related to this, but not sure!

I did think that as well, but then the person in the meme looks more like a dude?? And the guy in the video wasn't exactly an OAP. But maybe it is that!

Pretty sure its related to the OAP/Girl fight. I've seen that pic before I think so whoever made it most likely just found an existing meme of a scummer girl or whatever and used that pic.

• Advertisement

LordSmeg wrote: »
    .. whoever made it most likely just found an existing meme of a scummer girl or whatever and used that pic.
    Euurrghhh... meme's really are becoming increasingly lazy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

This is simple awesome

Is it just me, or is it getting more and more common in YLYL that mods will delete posts as "reposts" that aren't actually reposts? I often wonder if the mods have seen the pics on other sites or something and just think they're reposts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,204 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is it just me, or is it getting more and more common in YLYL that mods will delete posts as "reposts" that aren't actually reposts? I often wonder if the mods have seen the pics on other sites or something and just think they're reposts.

When someone reports a pic as being a repost, we tend to take them at their word unless we're sure it's not a repost. There have been cases where we're wrong (this morning actually, not sure if that's what caused you to post this), which is fair enough, and if brought to our attention, will be rectified.

I for one intentionally try to avoid looking at pics on other sites to prevent this (eg, I've never been on Reddit in my life).

There have been some posters in the past who seemed to be reporting a lot of posts as reposts, so we didn't edit posts unless someone else reported it as a repost too.

It's a flawed system, and I know the point you're making. Unfortunately, there's no real easy fix.

Do you encourage people to report reposts ? I often see a few here and there but I never report them, I just figured it was a mod browsing through the thread that spots something that been done a few times and edits it.

Should I be reporting reposts or just minding my own bidness ?

Penn wrote: »
    When someone reports a pic as being a repost, we tend to take them at their word unless we're sure it's not a repost. There have been cases where we're wrong (this morning actually, not sure if that's what caused you to post this), which is fair enough, and if brought to our attention, will be rectified.

I for one intentionally try to avoid looking at pics on other sites to prevent this (eg, I've never been on Reddit in my life).

There have been some posters in the past who seemed to be reporting a lot of posts as reposts, so we didn't edit posts unless someone else reported it as a repost too.

It's a flawed system, and I know the point you're making. Unfortunately, there's no real easy fix.

That's fair enough. I look at Reddit and various other sites, and if I was trying to mod YLYL I'd never remember whether the pics I'd seen were reposts from that thread, or just something I'd seen elsewhere! So yeah, I imagine it's difficult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,204 ✭✭✭✭Penn

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Do you encourage people to report reposts ? I often see a few here and there but I never report them, I just figured it was a mod browsing through the thread that spots something that been done a few times and edits it.

Should I be reporting reposts or just minding my own bidness ?

If you're pretty sure it's already been posted here before, feel free to report it. Generally if it's already been up for a few days, there's no real point reporting it then as most people will have already moved past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

what movie is the joseph gordon levitt scene about literally taking a shit on his face from?

toodleytoo wrote: »
    what movie is the joseph gordon levitt scene about literally taking a shit on his face from?
    500 Days Of Summer...

Good movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

90% sure it's 500 Days of Summer.

Can anyone explain this one to me?
    wggG6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement