Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Why did I have to click on this thread..

Bye bye mascara :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Heres some more, sorry if they're a bit big:
    Mhnnt.jpg
    QfLDYSj.jpg
    c9idm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

This gets me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Damn it was sad when his bro died and the dog. RIP Doggy Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Bollox shouldn't of come here
    The ones with dogs always get to me

This one I remember from last year
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2218562/The-loneliest-vigil-Broken-hearted-dog-stands-guard-best-friends-body-week.html

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kevin3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Lost it on Bryans post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Roger Williamson's fatal crash at the Dutch Grand Prix. It is the actions of David Purley, a fellow driver who abandoned his race to try and rescue Roger that makes this video so sad. His walking away at the end hits me. Such a helpless, frustrated, heart breaking walk. What he now calls the saddest day of his life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

inmyday wrote: »
    I think these two would make anyone "feels".

First is a boards thread, his wife was 26. So sad, the first post is heartbreaking.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388849

I should NOT have opened that in work! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I clicked onto this thread expecting to see Fry's dog(Who for some reason women(sexist I know) can't seem to understand the kick in the nuts it gives so many blokes!)
    And if Fry's dog wasn't here.....
    I was gonna post it...And I am gonna post it! Because even though the pic is here earlier in the thread, it needs the video\song
    But then...
    I saw my own post linked
    inmyday wrote: »
    I think these two would make anyone "feels".
    First is a boards thread, his wife was 26. So sad, the first post is heartbreaking.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388849(
    and its left me in a total heap!
    I still can't believe its year and a half since I wrote that...
    It still feels like yesterday!
    Its even harder to believe that its a week short of 6 years since Kate died.
    Even now the number\the time elapsed is still constantly calculated in my head since she died.
    Life moves in ways we never expect it to...
    Survival is learning to swim and survive in strange waters i suppose and all I can say is we're still swimming ;)
    Love ya more than chips Kate and always will.

P.S Thanks for the comments and sorry if i upset anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

banie01 wrote: »
    But then...
    I saw my own post linked

and its left me in a total heap!
    I still can't believe its year and a half since I wrote that...
    It still feels like yesterday!
    Its even harder to believe that its a week short of 6 years since Kate died.
    Even now the number\the time elapsed is still constantly calculated in my head since she died.
    Life moves in ways we never expect it to...
    Survival is learning to swim and survive in strange waters i suppose and all I can say is we're still swimming ;)
    Love ya more than chips Kate and always will.

P.S Thanks for the comments and sorry if i upset anyone.

Jeez don't apologise at all man...it was heart-breaking stuff to read and there was such an 'honesty' in your thread. Fair play to you for having the strength to write about it, & write about it in such a touching way. I can't even imagine what you & the little fella have gone through, and in actual fact I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say here...I just wanted to 'say' something to you after reading the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kevin3

Back-story from the video translated:
    I received a request from a friend and customer, who knew that the famous Anderson Silva (Brazilian mixed martial artist and current UFC Middleweight Champion) was a client of mine, to get an autograph for his son Joao Pedro, 12 years old, to help him in his recovery. I asked what the boy had and she told me: "Dr. Eduardo, Joao Pedro is extremely active and has played sports and wrestled since he was 5 years old (he's 12 now). Turns out he has a disease of the femur (Epiphysiolysis) and has spent 9 months in a wheelchair, he has undergone two surgeries and doctors don't know if he will ever walk again and if he does they don't know how long it will take, and adding that Anderson Silva is his biggest idol." The video speaks for itself. A feeling gripped everyone and it gives me chills every time I watch it again. This has given a renewal of faith, hope and solidarity, and made ​​a change in the destiny and life of little Joao Pedro and his family. This was my Easter present ... the rest is chocolate egg. In Anderson's own words: "it is better to die for something than live for nothing." And to think that each of us can do something to help someone. Have a good Easter everyone!

One of the youtube portugese speakers translated what he is saying:

He is telling "let's get better quickly? Give me a hug! A strong one! I'm here, brother! Lets get better fast or not? Let's take a pic! Look what I bring to you! Autographed gloves, i got it for you, get. Let me tell something: you'll need do a really important thing for all of us: strive to get better fast. "Minotauro" had the same problem and today is fighting again. Got it? You need to strive, OK? I spoke to the doctor, we will talk with Dr. Angela (who was taking of "Minotauro") to help you"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

:'''(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

This piece is entitled "A Mother's Journey". It follows a single mother during her young son's battle with cancer. It won the Pulitzer Prize in 2007 for feature photography. Really heart breaking stuff.

Be sure to click the "Caption" button in the lower left hand corner of the screen to read the story.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/swf/april07/mother/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

johnt91 wrote: »
    This piece is entitled "A Mother's Journey". It follows a single mother during her young son's battle with cancer. It won the Pulitzer Prize in 2007 for feature photography. Really heart breaking stuff.

Be sure to click the "Caption" button in the lower left hand corner of the screen to read the story.

I've seen that piece a few times and every single time it get's me. Incredibly moving. Some peoples strength is just unfathomable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Absolutely gut wrenching :/
    A very moving portrait of a mother's love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

God damn this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Here are some more feels
    u2tth.jpg
    Vdf2O.jpg
    OUJoY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Kevin3 wrote: »

This got me, hard.
    I didnt even read the translation, i dont think i needed to, either.
    My lips quivering and tears building up meant I had to turn it off before the end. A lot of hours clocked on the internet and thats the first video to make me do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Tears? Ha, no way. Just cutting some onions.

;______;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That is literally, gut wrenching :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

An old man sits in a nursing home, completely unresponsive. He is given headphones and an ipod with songs he recognises from his past, and the man behind the dementia resurfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Damn, opened this thread at work.

132924850615.png

There goes my street cred.

I like this story about the NYC Taxi Driver.

CAB RIDE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I know what this post was about before i opened the link.

Ive seen the pictures so many times, and i still well up at it. Absolutely heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mother finds her son's lost toy...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Watch out for the cocky dismount at the end!

Advertisement