Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I know I know it's an advert, but as adverts go, it's a good'un

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Something a little more classical. My favourite performance of Mi Chiamano Mimi from La Boheme.

Ideally, you should watch from the start, but if you want Mimi's emotional piece, jump to about 7 mins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

ihTnzCw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

UB03L9W.jpg

spirit.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

577591_660963077252864_1437866398_n.png

The poor guy... :(

Right in the feels... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

DazMarz wrote: »
    577591_660963077252864_1437866398_n.png

The poor guy... :(

Right in the feels... :(

Ouch! Does it ever bother anyone when they see people eating out, or at the cinema alone? I hate seeing that, altough a lot of the time they could be perfectly happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The aftermath of the Oklahoma Tornado, CBS interview a little old lady whose house was flattened. It was just herself and her little dog, who is now missing. Then.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147264n

Julez wrote: »
    Ouch! Does it ever bother anyone when they see people eating out, or at the cinema alone? I hate seeing that, altough a lot of the time they could be perfectly happy.

I went to a new restaurant that had opened right next to my apartment complex on Sunday alone. :o Purely because my housemate was too hungover to move and I fancied a quick bite to eat. I was perfectly happy and I had my iPad with me.

Still... I could have looked like a saddo. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

DazMarz wrote: »
    I went to a new restaurant that had opened right next to my apartment complex on Sunday alone. :o Purely because my housemate was too hungover to move and I fancied a quick bite to eat. I was perfectly happy and I had my iPad with me.

Still... I could have looked like a saddo. :o

I do it all the time, I'm usually more than content with my own company tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

LizT wrote: »
    I do it all the time, I'm usually more than content with my own company tbh!

I went to the cinema on my own once before and tbh I thought a lot about how it looked before I went :o

I've gone to the pub before too but I would always have a paper or a kindle or something so that I dont look so desperately sad, typically it would be during the afternoon rather than the night too.

You can be perfectly happy on your own, but still wish that you werent on your own or at least had a choice imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This video always gets me.

Team Hoyt

I ****ing bawled.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is the full video

The same content, but you get a little bit more of the context - what she thought happened to her dog, etc.

• Moderators Posts: 51,709 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

292062_521951654526757_1407941287_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

The story of Zach Sobiech

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Julez wrote: »

Nope, go to the cinema on my own loads. I love going on a wet day off, mid week, it's cheaper, quieter, have often had the entire screen to myself, absolute bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

yj4E5O0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I'm sure everyone here has seen this already, but still a good one.

29 years old and hearing myself for the 1st time!

EDIT: does it have to be sad crying to count? :o

I know, this is nothing compared to some of the stuff put up here. But this one struck a chord with me. I had this book as a kid growing up, and I loved Pokémon growing up. I can only imagine my reaction if this happened to me!

485444_10151669707045070_817136847_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's less than 3 minutes of your life, stick with it.
    turn up the volume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's less than 3 minutes of your life, stick with it.

Broken link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Ze Frank, an American composer and artist gets an email from a fan who suffers from anxiety attacks.

Read and listen as you go down the page.

Don't click the song link at the very top left, wait till the end after you've read the page and listened to the work in progress.

Simple yet effective.... I liked it anyway.

http://www.zefrank.com/chillout/

How about some music?....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

255903.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Paigne wrote: »
    255903.jpg

It's ok, Luigi's time has finally come!

Luigi-610x872.jpg

(not a joke/mock-up, it's for pre-order on amazon at a very reasonable price)

• Advertisement

tfw no gf

Advertisement