Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Womens' rugby Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Hey guys, just home from watching the Leinster women win over a strong exiles team in a pre interpro friendly.
    Id seriously advise anyone who enjoys a good game of rugby to get down and support their province in the coming interpro series. All match details are on the Ifru website! also don't forget the women 7's team flew out earlier this week to dubai all matches can be streamed online!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Great to see the IRFU have announced the first game for the women's international team at the Aviva this coming March. It looks like it will be played after the men's 6 Nations game, which seems like it would be tricky to turn around logistically, but apparently they did the same thing in England last year so they must have a plan for it. Hopefully there is a huge push on the marketing side of it now, and it could be a great occasion for the game

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ireland-women-s-rugby-team-set-to-play-first-match-at-aviva-stadium-in-march-1.1609609

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Excellent. I've some hope of getting tickets for the Italy game. Yeay!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Excellent news. I went to Ashbourne for the first time last season, for the French match. I went on my own and thoroughly enjoyed it, and on the basis of that, I think I will be joined by several friends for matches this season. Great to have more matches to look forward to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

That's great news!

We tried to go to the Italy game last year as we were in Rome for the men's game but it was too awkward to get there - definitely going to head to the games this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Fantastic news. Just needs a big tournament from the women's team. As if they are still in the hunt to retain the title at that point the more people that will likely stay after the Men's game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

The interpros will tell a lot! But things are looking good for Ireland ladies (and men) this six nations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Womens 7s side just lost to France in Bowl semis of 7s tournament in Dubai 38-10

Womens 7s side just lost to France in Bowl semis of 7s tournament in Dubai 38-10
    Christ, that's a thumping.

On the upside, the focus of this years campaign has been 15's.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Clontarf are looking to set up a women's rugby section. If anyone's interested in getting involved let me know and I'll pass on the contact details.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Clontarf are looking to set up a women's rugby section. If anyone's interested in getting involved let me know and I'll pass on the contact details.
    I used to play with Clontarf back in the day. Do you know who is setting up the team .ak? I may be interested.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I used to play with Clontarf back in the day. Do you know who is setting up the team .ak? I may be interested.

Just got an email from the club chairman with some contact numbers. They're looking for volunteers as well; coaches, physios, administrative and conditioning etc. I'll PM you the details anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Could you send me on the details as well? I've been looking for a local club, Clontarf would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

decisions wrote: »
    Could you send me on the details as well? I've been looking for a local club, Clontarf would be perfect.

You could have a baby in the time this team may get off the ground ;). Unidare would love to have you even if you want to jump ship at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

You could have a baby in the time this team may get off the ground ;). Unidare would love to have you even if you want to jump ship at the end of the season.

I know :P where and when do you's train? If it suits, perfect.

decisions wrote: »
    I know :P where and when do you's train? If it suits, perfect.

Tuesdays and Thursdays 7.30 . Malahide's old club

Leinster women beat Ulster women 41-7 in Ravenhill.

Munster women beat Connacht women 36-17 in the Sportsgrounds.

Next weekend sees:

Leinster v Connacht (Ashbourne)
    Munster v Ulster (Clonmel)

Please, please, please try get out to support the girls if its your local club or within a reasonable distance. There promises to be some great rugby on show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

NZ rugby awards last night. This try won the award for "Try of the Year" beating our Beauden Barrett's effort v France

Wow, the FB can move!

Leinster women just won in Thomand park to win the interpros.

21-6 final score.

Down to 13 at one stage!

Well done ladies.

• Advertisement

Well done ladies!!!

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10237669/

Overview of the Irish womens grand slam last year

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10237669/

Overview of the Irish womens grand slam last year

Watched that. Was very good. Pity rte had so little footage

Watched the. Was very good. Pity rte had so little footage
    Yeah but it was nice to hear from the players and to see exactly what it meant to them.

I'm going to go to the home 6N matches this year - providing I get tickets for the Italy match of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This weekend sees the first batch of League semi finals. I'll be at a local derby at 11:30 tomorrow; CYM at home to St. Mary's in the Division 4 semi :)

This weekend sees the first batch of League semi finals. I'll be at a local derby at 11:30 tomorrow; CYM at home to St. Mary's in the Division 4 semi :)

If I wasn't injured I would be likely playing in that match! Stupid injury. I got injured in my first session with the club and am only starting back running now 3 months on!

No offence but c'mon Marys :)

(I've played against CYM before in Kinsale. Tough team!)

If I wasn't injured I would be likely playing in that match! Stupid injury. I got injured in my first session with the club and am only starting back running now 3 months on!

No offence but c'mon Marys :)

(I've played against CYM before in Kinsale. Tough team!)

Do pop down and say hello to us; I'll sort you out for a mug of tea afterwards :)

Hope you get a game girls the railway v Greystones match is off due to unplayable pitches!

Fingers crossed my own match isn't called off!!

Ireland played Italy in a pre 6 Nations game this afternoon in Ashbourne; it ended a comfortable 32-0 victory for the girls.

• Advertisement

Ireland played Italy in a pre 6 Nations game this afternoon in Ashbourne; it ended a comfortable 32-0 victory for the girls.

How did the CYM/Mary's match go?

Advertisement