Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for PS4

• 25-11-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was just wondering what headsets people will be using with their PS4?

From a look on Amazon, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choice yet.

There's a Turtle Beach set for £150 but the reviews are pretty poor for it. There's an ORB set there aswell for about £40 but I've never heard of them, are they any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-GP3-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00GH7U7DA/

Are most people going to use their existing headsets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i hear theres a speaker on the ds4 so could i use a normal headset without a speaker and use the ds4 as the speaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Astro A40's are in my opinion the best headset for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Duggsby

Haven't got a ps4 yet but I'm planning on using my skullcandy slyrs, pretty sure they work with ps4. I know skullcandy are known to break easily but I've had mine for a few months (got them sometime during the summer) and use them daily on my PC or 360 and love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

just picked up astro a50s will report soon. had a pair of turtle beach earforce tangos but returned them, thought although they sounded great, chat was a bit crap,

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

cadete wrote: »
    just picked up astro a50s will report soon. had a pair of turtle beach earforce tangos but returned them, thought although they sounded great, chat was a bit crap,

How much were they are where did you buy them, if you don't mind me asking? Looking for a headset for ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

cadete wrote: »

Have been looking at a pair of a50's as an upgrade on my Sony Stereo Wireless headset, so will be looking for your feedback. So no pressure :p
    How much were they are where did you buy them, if you don't mind me asking? Looking for a headset for ps4

They're available from the astro website for the princely sum of £250.

a50's are awful. Get A40's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I have the Sony Pulse headset which is excellent. The dongle won't work on the PS4 at launch though, but it'll be patched in. In the meantime you can plug it into the DS4 with a cable, the headset and mic will work at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

I don't know if they'd be what your looking for, but I bought a pair of Turtle Beach P11's this morning from Amazon for €38, I know to the lads who are spending €100 plus on headsets they're probably muck, but for what I want they look right for me on the reviews. I also looked at the PX22 which looked good but these will be the first pair of decent headphones I will own so wasn't sure on spending much more

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-TBS-2137-P11-Headset/dp/B004R9Q1IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385460669&sr=8-1&keywords=turtlebeach+p11

http://www.turtlebeach.com/console-compatibility

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I spent a fortune on TB PX5s which won't work with the PS4 :(. They are pretty wonderful though for the PS3.

What's the headset like that's bundled with the PS4. Won't that do the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I spent a fortune on TB PX5s which won't work with the PS4 :(. They are pretty wonderful though for the PS3.

What's the headset like that's bundled with the PS4. Won't that do the job?

You can get a special 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable off the TB website that will allow any 360 compatible headset to work with the PS4.

It's the only cable confirmed to work as people have been trying cheaper ones as well, so getting the TB cable is the only real option.

Edit: the PS4 patch should make it work as it did with the PS3, so on the day try it out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Varik wrote: »
    You can get a special 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable off the TB website that will allow any 360 compatible headset to work with the PS4.

It's the only cable confirmed to work as people have been trying cheaper ones as well, so getting the TB cable is the only real option.

They wont sell them outside Europe annoyingly yet. I wanted one just in time for launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Isn't the problem with the PX5's that it's a wireless blue tooth thingy that they haven't said they are going to patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Isn't the problem with the PX5's that it's a wireless blue tooth thingy that they haven't said they are going to patch?

Thought it was connected to the headset receiver and USB to the PS3, if it is bluetooth directly to the PS3 then you'll need the cable.

There's people on reddit and neogaf trying to find an alternative source of the 3.5->2.5 as the TB one is expensive for what it is.

Maybe email support and they can arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I have the A50's for about a year now and I adore them. Totally worthwhile for so much more than gaming, even if thats what you use them for mostly

miralize wrote: »
    I have the A50's for about a year now and I adore them. Totally worthwhile for so much more than gaming, even if thats what you use them for mostly

Any advantages over the A40's other than they're wireless? I must admit, that is one driving force for me plumping for the A50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Any advantages over the A40's other than they're wireless? I must admit, that is one driving force for me plumping for the A50's.

That was the major pull for me too. Not sure about the A40's specs. I have enough wires in and around at my desk for that to be worth the extra money for it.

Xbox 360 still required a chat cable though, excited to be fully wireless for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

The missus picked em up from argos 330 i think they were (xmas pressie)

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Have been looking at a pair of a50's as an upgrade on my Sony Stereo Wireless headset, so will be looking for your feedback. So no pressure

They're available from the astro website for the princely sum of £250.

Im really looking forward to tryin them, couldnt choose between these or the a40 so will try em and if not 100% happy will exchange for the 40s

I was using the tb earforce kilo set and i loved em, really good spound and were available recently for 50 notes

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Using the a40.s for the last 2 years with tge mix amp
    there the first model of the a40.s and dont support updating firmware on the mix amp
    but im sure they'll work with the ps4

anyway there alot of cash but well worth it absolute quality

Using the a40.s for the last 2 years with tge mix amp
    there the first model of the a40.s and dont support updating firmware on the mix amp
    but im sure they'll work with the ps4

anyway there alot of cash but well worth it absolute quality

Best headset on the market for gaming without a doubt.

The reviews and popularity says it all.

I've the 2013 edition, absolute quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

hey guys

Just to let you know there is a sale on Astros at the moment.

I just got a new Astro A50 from 249 pounds down to 187 plus VAT/Shipping (total 197 pounds) just to let you know.

link

Time so say good bye to my lovely A40s!

Bohrio wrote: »
    hey guys

Just to let you know there is a sale on Astros at the moment.

I just got a new Astro A50 from 249 pounds down to 187 plus VAT/Shipping (total 197 pounds) just to let you know.

link

Time so say good bye to my lovely A40s!

Thank you kind sir. Just plumped for these now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, my both Debit and Credit cards are in the process of being replaced and I wont get them until next week so no Amazon :(. I am going tomorrow to Cork and might Pop in to Argos/soundstore. Is it possible to get something Decent for ps4 for 50eu in Brick and Mortar tomorrow?
    I never play with headset, but I want to try it on PS4. I dont want to spend 150eu on something I wont use.

Guys, my both Debit and Credit cards are in the process of being replaced and I wont get them until next week so no Amazon :(. I am going tomorrow to Cork and might Pop in to Argos/soundstore. Is it possible to get something Decent for ps4 for 50eu in Brick and Mortar tomorrow?
    I never play with headset, but I want to try it on PS4. I dont want to spend 150eu on something I wont use.

Turtle Beach X12's if they still have them around.

Pretty sure they work on PS4, i know they don't on XB1 unless you do some DIY.

Turtle Beach X12's if they still have them around.

Pretty sure they work on PS4, i know they don't on XB1 unless you do some DIY.

This: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9386505/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

It says 360. though it looks like it supports ps4? Or thats not the same set? Are these USB or there is more messing wires with them?

This: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9386505/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

It says 360. though it looks like it supports ps4? Or thats not the same set? Are these USB or there is more messing wires with them?

It works but you need a PS4 chat cable from Turtle Beach.

That's the problem with new consoles they seem to change everything. Probably paid by the Headset companies no doubt.

It works but you need a PS4 chat cable from Turtle Beach.

That's the problem with new consoles they seem to change everything. Probably paid by the Headset companies no doubt.

Damn, something tells me I better off staying and waiting for proper PS4 headsets pop up. :(

Damn, something tells me I better off staying and waiting for proper PS4 headsets pop up. :(

You could or you could buy the Turtle Beach X12's from Argos tomorrow and buy the PS4 chat cable from Turtle Beach for 6 dollars.

While waiting for the chat cable to arrive you can still have game sound just can't talk.

No big deal really as it'll be sorted as soon as the cable arrives.

Hope this helps!

You could or you could buy the Turtle Beach X12's from Argos tomorrow and buy the PS4 chat cable from Turtle Beach for 6 dollars.

While waiting for the chat cable to arrive you can still have game sound just can't talk.

No big deal really as it'll be sorted as soon as the cable arrives.

Hope this helps!

Cheers bud, but If I need that cable ordered online, then I might as well just order headset online too at the same time. Thats not good for me now as my both cards are not with me. :(

• Advertisement

Cheers bud, but If I need that cable ordered online, then I might as well just order headset online too at the same time. Thats not good for me now as my both cards are not with me. :(

No worries man. This is the nature of the beast when it comes to gaming.

Milk as much money out of us as humanly possible.

Grinds my gears.

Best of luck!

Advertisement