Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for PS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying a pair of Astro A40s the 2013 editions soon. It is quite a lot of money so I am still on the fence, the other options are some high end Turtle beaches or some Sharkoons.

I game solely on the PS4 now and play first person shooters. Not interested in listening to music with them or movies, purely just for gaming. Obviously the positional accuracy, ability to hear footsteps etc, is a huge factor for me.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
    Kev

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

I went with a set of Skullcandy PLYR 1 and couldn't be happier. I was originally going to go with Asto A50, but read a lot of reviews stating that the bass was too high on them and then found the PLYR 1. I purchased them from the Eu Skullcandy site with free express shipping for €179.99.

Link of anyone is interested: http://eu.skullcandy.com/plyr-1

This maybe of help to some: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-12-27-2013-mrspeakers-alpha-dog-added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Heya lads. Im looking to get a new headset for ps4. Max im willing to spend is 60euro. Is there any good ones for that price. I was using the turtle beach pla on the ps3 but the some reason the chat volume was way too low. I tried everything to rasie it but nothing works. So figured I need a new one. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Heya lads. Im looking to get a new headset for ps4. Max im willing to spend is 60euro. Is there any good ones for that price. I was using the turtle beach pla on the ps3 but the some reason the chat volume was way too low. I tried everything to rasie it but nothing works. So figured I need a new one. Any ideas?

some ok ones for that price

I got ORB ps4 headset in HMV for around €50 i think

• Advertisement

Razleavy wrote: »
    I went with a set of Skullcandy PLYR 1 and couldn't be happier. I was originally going to go with Asto A50, but read a lot of reviews stating that the bass was too high on them and then found the PLYR 1. I purchased them from the Eu Skullcandy site with free express shipping for €179.99.

Link of anyone is interested: http://eu.skullcandy.com/plyr-1o

This maybe of help to some: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-12-27-2013-mrspeakers-alpha-dog-added

Thanks for the link, for the money it seems like the astro a40s are the way to go

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, for the money it seems like the astro a40s are the way to go

have you looked up sony pulse wireless headset. 7.1 surround sound and meant to an awesome headset for the money and can be used with phones, tablets etc...

gep91 wrote: »
    have you looked up sony pulse wireless headset. 7.1 surround sound and meant to an awesome headset for the money and can be used with phones, tablets etc...

Yeah I have actually tried those, they are fair good but poor build quality. I have actually just bought the astros, so I will give ya an update soon

Yeah I have actually tried those, they are fair good but poor build quality. I have actually just bought the astros, so I will give ya an update soon

cool please do. I am going to get some decent ones soon, I had the sony pulse as my number one.

ok so only been running the astros for about 2 hours now and so far so good. Updated the frimware and everything works perfectly, voice commands with the PS4, chat is crystal clear etc.

The sound quality is pretty nice, not as amazing as people hype it up to be, but better than my tritton 720's. It seems I can locate the sounds such as footsteps, reloading etc much more precisely. Both within cod ghosts and BF4.

Early days still, but I will keep you updated. My other choice was the Turtle Beach xp510 just because of all the features they come with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ok so only been running the astros for about 2 hours now and so far so good. Updated the frimware and everything works perfectly, voice commands with the PS4, chat is crystal clear etc.

The sound quality is pretty nice, not as amazing as people hype it up to be, but better than my tritton 720's. It seems I can locate the sounds such as footsteps, reloading etc much more precisely. Both within cod ghosts and BF4.

Early days still, but I will keep you updated. My other choice was the Turtle Beach xp510 just because of all the features they come with

Thinking of getting an A40. Where did you buy them from?

wes wrote: »
    Thinking of getting an A40. Where did you buy them from?

Ok it turns out I was wrong, the astros are actually very good. The sound quality is class the sense of positional sounds is deadly. Pretty surprised, sorry I got mine in game stop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yay, my turtlebeach XP500s work. Always had sound but couldn't chat. Using the mono headset with them enables chat. Much happy. Went onto Battlefield 4 - ecstatic can now communicate. First game on got abused for being Irish by two idiots from the NE of England. It's been ages since I've been able to rage against random muppets on the internet. :D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yay, my turtlebeach XP500s work. Always had sound but couldn't chat. Using the mono headset with them enables chat. Much happy. Went onto Battlefield 4 - ecstatic can now communicate. First game on got abused for being Irish by two idiots from the NE of England. It's been ages since I've been able to rage against random muppets on the internet. :D

It's a simple thing but a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

i wanted to get steel series elite or sennheiser g4ame zero headset for my ps4. both have 2x 3.5mm jacks connected into usb sound card, do all these sound cards work for both sound and chat does anyone know or has one to go to the pad??

diddly3000 wrote: »
    i wanted to get steel series elite or sennheiser g4ame zero headset for my ps4. both have 2x 3.5mm jacks connected into usb sound card, do all these sound cards work for both sound and chat does anyone know or has one to go to the pad??

No where on steel series site does it claim to work on the PS4 - I doubt that they do.

I closed your two threads - this thread will do for headset discussions.

sorry I got mine in game stop

Thanks for the info. Will see if I can take a look at them after work today.

Thanks for the info. Will see if I can take a look at them after work today.

You can order one on the UK Astro website too. Make sure you update the mixamp before you start. It is pretty sweet and the best headset Ive used so far.

You can order one on the UK Astro website too. Make sure you update the mixamp before you start. It is pretty sweet and the best headset Ive used so far.

Thanks for the tips.

How did they sound with films/tv if you tried that?

Thanks for the tips.

How did they sound with films/tv if you tried that?

Have not tried them with an epic movie yet really. Have only have watching shows like Sherlock. I must give that a try. But they are class with cod, battlefield and kilzone. I can hear stuff Ive never heard before.

Saying this I have only ever tested trittons, Astros and Turtle Beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

whats the story with the headset included with the ps4 does it work or is it just nobody uses it if not why not

whats the story with the headset included with the ps4 does it work or is it just nobody uses it if not why not

1. It works.
    2. It's not a headset, it an earpiece with a mic.
    3. It's poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

F1ngers wrote: »
    1. It works.
    2. It's not a headset, it an earpiece with a mic.
    3. It's poo.

i see, whats so bad about it ive never actually heard anything through it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm using it at present but only to be able to chat. Have a wireless headset that doesn't have that capability for PS4 (although I have a PS4 chat cable ordered)
    Put the mono ear piece in the pad & ear and have the headset on as well. Whatever way I set it up the chat function comes through the mono headset but everything else comes through the wirelss headset. Works great.

Have not tried them with an epic movie yet really. Have only have watching shows like Sherlock. I must give that a try. But they are class with cod, battlefield and kilzone. I can hear stuff Ive never heard before.

Saying this I have only ever tested trittons, Astros and Turtle Beach.

think I met you on ps4 last night? Caoimhin7 am i right? playing ghosts

think I met you on ps4 last night? Caoimhin7 am i right? playing ghosts

That is me, hopefully it was a good impression I left

That is me, hopefully it was a good impression I left

yeah I played one game, giving out about campers, then left again. :pac:

gglavlin7771

yeah I played one game, giving out about campers, then left again. :pac:

gglavlin7771

It was probably during a TDM, got some horrible lobbies last night. But generally ghosts isn't a bad game, the headset really helps as you can now sound whore. I will add you when I am on later

It was probably during a TDM, got some horrible lobbies last night. But generally ghosts isn't a bad game, the headset really helps as you can now sound whore. I will add you when I am on later

Yeah TDM ...ah man they camp their asses off, it was on warhawk, they just sat in bakery upstairs. cool add me :) we had trouble rooting them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone found good quality affordable ones?

To **** am I paying the 200+ plus I saw Astro's for in the likes of Gamestop. I just bought a second pair of Steelseries Siberia for my PC, first pair lasted 6 years. Best headsets I've ever used. Cost me €60...cant justify paying big bucks for console headsets

Advertisement