Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Great show this evening. One of the best ever.

That was a classic, I only remember one other Chase with a similar ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The one I was thinking of was another one where Paul Sinha had a very poor final against a solo contestant. That was after he had beaten each of them easily in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What happened? I didnt know it was back :(

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, when did the Beast storm off though?

Found a good one looking for it on Youtube, he's definitely the best of the Chasers:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Beast was on 'Only Connect' a while back, on a team called 'The Rugby Boys' - remember him getting quite irate when one of his team mates got a question wrong.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thargor wrote: »
    Found a good one looking for it on Youtube, he's definitely the best of the Chasers:

Just look at the contestants at the beginning and then watch them closer as the time pushes on and he misses nothing; to the very end.

Such a transformation through emotion,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement

If Bradley read the questions that fast to the contestants they might have been on a way higher number aswell though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I've just been watching the celebrity edition on ITV and I'm convinced Shaun Wallace deliberately threw it. It ain't exactly the $64,000 Dollar Question to know that Julian Fellowes wrote Downton Abbey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I've just been watching the celebrity edition on ITV and I'm convinced Shaun Wallace deliberately threw it. It ain't exactly the $64,000 Dollar Question to know that Julian Fellowes wrote Downton Abbey :rolleyes:

caught up on this at the weekend and I said the exact same thing to my wife, must have been time to give a few bob to charity!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They often do that on the celebrity chase ,its quite obvious too.

Yeah Ive noticed that aswell, the banter from the contestants sounds very scripted at times but thats not as bad as actually throwing the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Well he's an intelligent man thus prolly doesn't watch that garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Today's was quite possibly the longest final chase I have ever seen. Shaun Wallace caught a target of 11 with half a second to spare. So may push backs not taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Love this programme. Bradley is a great host

UTV showing The Chase @ 23:10 at night? Im watching it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Thargor wrote: »
    UTV showing The Chase @ 23:10 at night? Im watching it anyway!

I'm watching too :)

I've always wondered what would happen in the Chaser caught all the contestants, so interesting that the Beast brought it up

bnagrrl wrote: »
    I'm watching too :)

I've always wondered what would happen in the Chaser caught all the contestants, so interesting that the Beast brought it up

It has happened once or twice.

IIRC, the team nominate one person to answer questions in two minutes and play for just £1000. As with the normal final chase, the team can confer if the Chaser gives a wrong answer and can 'push him back' one space.

https://twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/509298123290574849

I'll give that a watch. The Americans did the sensible thing by recruiting Mark Labbett (The Beast) as the only Chaser for their version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've seen a few episodes of the chase myself in my spare time and it is a great show to watch for the entertainment and for Bradley Walsh.

The show glues you into the questions and the final chase near the end.

Although I have seen a few contestants answer certain questions wrong up until very recently. A question which was so simple was asked about one of the batman villains concerning the real name of the Joker. A very easy one not to slip up on. The person who answered it had said Harvey Dent even though the correct answer was actually Jack Napier.

Questions of that nature surprisingly fail very easily on that show but it is a very good recommendation to watch for your teatime TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

I've seen a few episodes of the chase myself in my spare time and it is a great show to watch for the entertainment and for Bradley Walsh.

The show glues you into the questions and the final chase near the end.

Although I have seen a few contestants answer certain questions wrong up until very recently. A question which was so simple was asked about one of the batman villains concerning the real name of the Joker. A very easy one not to slip up on. The person who answered it had said Harvey Dent even though the correct answer was actually Jack Napier.

Questions of that nature surprisingly fail very easily on that show but it is a very good recommendation to watch for your teatime TV.
    I'm sorry but to the many, many of us who aren't batman fans that's the opposite of an easy question.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd love them to introduce a feature where contestants can forfeit some of their banked cask to increase the amount of squares they start with. i.e. 3 contestants left = 3 squares to start, they have £25,000 and decide to spend £10,000 on two extra squares (£5,00 ea)

Louis Walsh on The Chase: Celebrity Special!

This won't take long :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

A good show, I like it. If Danny Baldwin didn't say "Corrrrect" after every answer he'd get at least 3 more questions in in the minute.

Skid X wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/509298123290574849

I'll give that a watch. The Americans did the sensible thing by recruiting Mark Labbett (The Beast) as the only Chaser for their version.

Just started on Challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Watched a great episode on 3e on Sat- first two went for big offer and were caught, next lad got 7K, next lady got 11K. They built up 29 for the final Chase ( mostly down to the lady who was brilliant) and the beast was one short of catching them- riveting stuff

Advertisement