Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Birneybau wrote: »
    I dip in and out and have never seen the Chaser being beaten. The odds do always seem stacked against the contestants.

The Wikia page claims the Chasers have a 73.5% win rate (if you add up each of the Chasers totals), or about 3 in 4.

I think that's a decent percentage. It means most weeks will see the Chaser lose at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I must have missed those : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Some of the celebrity contestants get badly shown up - one trick ponies when it comes to general knowledge!
    I think some of the questions are deliberately focused to improve the contestants scores ! Enjoyable show though !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Some of the celebrity contestants get badly shown up - one trick ponies when it comes to general knowledge!
    I think some of the questions are deliberately focused to improve the contestants scores ! Enjoyable show though !

There seems to be a higher percentage of showbiz and entertainment questions for the celebrity version, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Classic:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Uh... did I not attach that video in post #117? :o:o:D:D:);)

Anyway, here's the Dark Destroyer only just succeeding in reaching an only slightly bigger target:

So you did, sorry...

I think the Chase would benefit from some kind of daily accumulating prize pot aswell like on Pointless, I love those. Need to get rid of Shawn Wallace though, he's the weakest link.

Thargor wrote: »
    I think the Chase would benefit from some kind of daily accumulating prize pot aswell like on Pointless, I love those.

If it had an accumulating prize pot, then what would that mean for the cash builder rounds and the Chasers' lower/higher offers?

It would just be a bonus cash pot showing us how long its been since a Chaser was beaten, do you not think Pointless and Eggheads and others are a lot more exciting when you the pot accumulates into big money? As I said, you'd have to get rid of the Dark Destroyer for it to work, he drops the ball too easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thargor wrote: »
    So you did, sorry...

I think the Chase would benefit from some kind of daily accumulating prize pot aswell like on Pointless, I love those. Need to get rid of Shawn Wallace though, he's the weakest link.

Leave the Dark Destroyer as he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

The one I've get seen beaten the most is the doctor
    I love the governess her comebacks are witty.
    Not keen in the big guy can't remember his name
    Sometimes I scream at the screen when they mess it up as a group, or when someone takes a minus number

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    or when someone takes a minus number

Low offer walkers annoy me greatly. You can nearly always tell who it will be too.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Low offer walkers annoy me greatly. You can nearly always tell who it will be too.

I'd hate to have a low offer walker in my team ( that's a great expression), I'd feel like they took money off my total and did no work for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 robbiepower77

great show really fun i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

They add another step to the final chase. That's about the only positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Tried to watch the American Chase last night and gave up. Awful. No buzz at all.

They add another step to the final chase. That's about the only positive.

Not if they buzz in early and pass which has happened many times.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Leave the Dark Destroyer as he is.

"At the end of the day, Bradley, it's just another day at the office." :D:D:D

And probably a BOOM sound effect for those taking the higher offer... oh, hang on. :o:D:D

Seconded.

• Advertisement

I've never seen a solo player beat them at the end

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I've never seen a solo player beat them at the end

Now you have... :D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ah bless her for calling out the an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Am just watching a recent Celebrity Chase. Some bird out of Hollyoaks
    Venison is the meat of what? Baby horse
    It's an ill win that blows nobody any what? Faster
    Though she did end up with 6

Irish guy on today's show given questions about British palaces and politics. That's the risk you take I guess. He didn't last too long.

I got them all, mostly from watching Eggheads and the rest for the last few years.

I got them myself though the two sitting with me both got one wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd love to see Kevin from Eggheads on it. Now he'd truly be a "Beast!"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Louis Spence on The Chase Celebrity Special...this is going to be brutal! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Did quite well on the cash builder!

Advertisement