Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

James74 wrote: »
    Hotline Miami is on flash sale at HumbleBundle for 1.99. For the very few who don't have it yet, well worth it at this price.

Its on the humble bundle sale too, $3.39, along with 9 other games

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Probably easier to say that there's a massive Bohemia Interactive sale on Steam at the minute.

However Original Warhttp://store.steampowered.com/app/235320/ at €0.90 is an absolutely crazy deal.

One of the best RTS games I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Is there a way to buy Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack 1 and 2 cheaper than Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Seaaan wrote: »
    Is there a way to buy Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack 1 and 2 cheaper than Steam?

Have a look on mmoga.de. everything is cheaper than steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Never heard of them before - bookmarked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

They sell Wow Gold too, and gold for other mmorpgs... They dont look like a very trustable bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

News to me too, thanks for the heads up!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Based in Hong Kong - not Germany as the address/site would lead you to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I've purchased from MMOGA at least 3-4 times and have always received the game key with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

They don't seem to have the Vault hunters Upgrade Packs anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭C14N

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Watchdogs (PC) for £28 (€34.39) on GamesPlanet.com

Steam or Uplay?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Even if you get it on Steam, you'll still have to use uPlay.

Kiith wrote: »
    Even if you get it on Steam, you'll still have to use uPlay.

I still want the Steam one though. I am literally lazy enough that I will wait for a Steam price drop instead of adding a shortcut through Steam to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

https://www.humblebundle.com/store
    Humble Bundle Store are doing a 'Spring Sale Review' in case you missed any of their deals during the spring sale.
    I'm wondering if theres any Must Haves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Halo: Spartan Assault is well worth €1.99 for Halo fans :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store
    Humble Bundle Store are doing a 'Spring Sale Review' in case you missed any of their deals during the spring sale.
    I'm wondering if theres any Must Haves?

If you're looking for recommendations then Far Cry 3 for €7.50 is a very good deal. I'm sure it'll go on sale at some point for €6 or €5 in another for months but it's a cracking game. Tomb Raider is there at the same price although I haven't played it myself. If you like sandboxes, Just Cause 2 is a steal at €3.75.

In terms of indie games Papers Please is there for €4, definitely pick that up if you hadn't already. It's a very clever little game, got rave reviews when it came out last year too. Monaco is a pretty fun little heist game that has both online and local co-op, you won't get it for much less than the €3 it's going for. Also while I still haven't played it, I've heard very good things on here and around the web about Gone Home which is €5 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

C14N wrote: »
    If you're looking for recommendations then Far Cry 3 for €7.50 is a very good deal. I'm sure it'll go on sale at some point for €6 or €5 in another for months but it's a cracking game. Tomb Raider is there at the same price although I haven't played it myself. If you like sandboxes, Just Cause 2 is a steal at €3.75.

In terms of indie games Papers Please is there for €4, definitely pick that up if you hadn't already. It's a very clever little game, got rave reviews when it came out last year too. Monaco is a pretty fun little heist game that has both online and local co-op, you won't get it for much less than the €3 it's going for. Also while I still haven't played it, I've heard very good things on here and around the web about Gone Home which is €5 right now.

Have played gone home myself, it's more of an interactive story than a game. Still some nice ideas to story telling. Only about 2 hours long but worth the €5 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

I got Far Cry for ps3 when it came out in SuperValu for €15, was well chuffed :D And got the Just Cause bundle back at the Christmas steam. sales. Great games!
    And I had my eye on Monaco, is it as good as it sounds?
    Papers Please looks a but monotonous. but I can't look at any videos of it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why on earth am I so tempted to get Euro truck simulator..... I got G27 too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I'm really tempted too, ET2 and the Expansion for 8 quid. Sure, you'd be losing money if ye didn't

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Don't. I got sucked in too. Buy a pint and piss it up a wall instead. You'll be entertained longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

In a game where situational awareness is key, the art direction and line-of-sight visual effect make things difficult to parse and regularly leads to moments of frustration. Also, half the classes are either useless or just not that enjoyable.

Not a terrible game, but probably my most disappointing game of last year.

I got Far Cry for ps3 when it came out in SuperValu for €15, was well chuffed :D And got the Just Cause bundle back at the Christmas steam. sales. Great games!
    Papers Please looks a but monotonous. but I can't look at any videos of it at the moment

I've only played Monaco for about 30 minutes but I enjoyed it, it's more just that it's nice to have local multiplayer than anything.

Papers Please does look monotonous but it's got a very interesting story and it's surprisingly stressful to play. It's told very well too and it's system of making choices is far more organic than most games. It puts the usual "good/evil" binary system to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

marko93 wrote: »
    I'm really tempted too, ET2 and the Expansion for 8 quid. Sure, you'd be losing money if ye didn't

Get it! Its the main reason i preordered the Oculus Rift DK2! Will have to find a cheap wheel somewhere to when it arrives...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

I had my eye on Monaco, is it as good as it sounds?

Monaco is pretty good fun, altho Ive only played it maybe an hour and already feel its approaching its EOL. Got it in a humble indie sale so cant complain.

Just got Papers Please other day on humble flash sale (2.99), happy with purchase! It expands out the gameplay in a clever way I didnt expect. Def recommended.

Seems someone already posted a similar deal to the reason I came on here. Watchdogs on http://www.greenmangaming.com/ with voucher [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PT7ELX-1WPWNT-7UAGQZ [/FONT]-for 25% off is about as cheap as youre likely to get it this side of summer (Voucher valid for a couple of days only)

swirlser wrote: »
    Seems someone already posted a similar deal to the reason I came on here. Watchdogs on http://www.greenmangaming.com/ with voucher [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PT7ELX-1WPWNT-7UAGQZ [/FONT]-for 25% off is about as cheap as youre likely to get it this side of summer (Voucher valid for a couple of days only)

Nah, you can get Watch Dogs for under €30 on lots of sites and the price will only go down if you aren't fussed about waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

swirlser wrote: »
    Monaco is pretty good fun, altho Ive only played it maybe an hour and already feel its approaching its EOL. Got it in a humble indie sale so cant complain.

Just got Papers Please other day on humble flash sale (2.99), happy with purchase! It expands out the gameplay in a clever way I didnt expect. Def recommended.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/watch-dogs-pc-cd-key-uplay

cheapest ive seen it, another 5% off too if you like their fbook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Get it! Its the main reason i preordered the Oculus Rift DK2! Will have to find a cheap wheel somewhere to when it arrives...
    second hand G25/G27 should be cheap enough, great wheel, i picked up my G25 about 4 years ago for 100euro. Its the bomb in ET2 with DK1, will be even better with DK2m bare in mind though that the game is very cpu bound so you need a good cpu, i get ~50FPS average with an i7 920@3.8Ghz and a 780Ti, changing gfx settings doesnt do much( playing with the rift @ 1680x1050 with 2xAA ).

Definately one of my favourite rift experiences, well chilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

the price will only go down if you aren't fussed about waiting.

Isnt that always the way? ;p I only buy a handful of games at launch :pac:
    And it was more for the deluxe edition, most of the usual sites dont have much of a discount on that, the GMG one does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Indiegala have a sale and are giving away a game.

AFTERFALL INSANITY extended edition GIVEAWAY

Sale:
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 -75% $4.94
    Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes -75% $2.45
    Commandos 2: Men of Courage -80% $1.19
    Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals -75% $1.20
    Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood -75% $1.25
    Avencast: Rise of the Mage -75% $2.45
    A New Reckoning -20% $11.94
    FootLOL: Epic Fail League -59% $2.39
    Circus World -75% $6.19
    Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -75% $1.69