Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Hi everyone, this is my first baby and it looks like I'm due the 6th of April so Ms2001, we're due the same day! It's so nice hearing from women who are going through the same stage :-) I've had no nausea so far but v emotional and my boobs are sore and swollen. 6 weeks now so who knows what symptoms may appear! Congrats to everyone else by the way!!

Congrats :D
    I've been feeling good no symptoms just yet I'm guessing it will be like my other 3 pregnancy's nothing until 6 ish weeks. I'm 5+4 atm so will be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

sinead30 wrote: »
    Hi ladies...it's looking like I also might b due in April...it's my first and I haven't a clue what I'm at. I'm only recently married and can't believe it's happening already, I was under the impression it was something we'd spend at least months waiting for. My periods are usually regular but I'm now 2 weeks late, boobs are killing me and it's been pointed out that I might be slightly moody!! So we did the test today and low and behold there's the blue cross. For someone that's been so broody for years I thought I'd be feeling more excited but perhaps that's the nerves/ hormones!?
    Just hoping u girls can tell me what's next. I read in one of the posts that going to the GP does nothing but confirm what you already know I.e you're pregnant, if this is the case then I think I'll give it a miss and just send off that form - suggestions pleaseeeeee

I planned both of my pregnancies & even then I felt panic when I got my positives. Why wouldn't you, it's a huge life changing thing but also an exciting time, it just takes a little time for the shock to wear off:D
    If you are in Dublin & going to the Coombe you can print the registration form off online & send it in yourself but other hospitals may have different policies so it could be worth checking out...congrats by the way!!

SICK AS A DOG the last 2 days, I just want to curl up in a ball & die.
    6 weeks today, nausea right on schedule:(:(

Ms2011 wrote: »
    SICK AS A DOG the last 2 days, I just want to curl up in a ball & die.
    6 weeks today, nausea right on schedule:(:(

Ah no :( hopefully it doesn't last too long, I'm 6 weeks Thursday so not looking forward to the sickness have my youngest 1st birthday next week so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Ah no :( hopefully it doesn't last too long, I'm 6 weeks Thursday so not looking forward to the sickness have my youngest 1st birthday next week so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Bit better today, forced myself to get up & clean out the fridge & I actually feel better for the distraction!
    Oh hopefully the nausea won't strike at the birthday party, were you sick much last time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sinead30

Thanks for the reassurance and big congrats to all on here. Ms2011 , that sounds tough, reckon I'm only about the 4 week mark so no sickness yet.

Bit better today, forced myself to get up & clean out the fridge & I actually feel better for the distraction!
    Oh hopefully the nausea won't strike at the birthday party, were you sick much last time?

Ah that's good, on my daughter I had quiet a bit of the sickness but the boys it was just nausea but found that worse constantly feeling sick but not actually been sick.

Ah that's good, on my daughter I had quiet a bit of the sickness but the boys it was just nausea but found that worse constantly feeling sick but not actually been sick.

Yes that's it exactly, if I could just get sick & be done it wouldn't be so bad, it's constantly feeling miserable that is so draining. All worth it in the end though;)

Yes that's it exactly, if I could just get sick & be done it wouldn't be so bad, it's constantly feeling miserable that is so draining. All worth it in the end though;)

Yea it is plus I had to make sure to eat little & often as if I got hungry I'd feel sick then I'd feel sick after eating so had to balance it out lol oh yea they deffo are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Hi All

Took a test yesterday and it's a positive! It says 2-3 so it's very early days but still very exciting! It is baby no.1 so have no idea what to expect! I did notice over the last week my stomach is very bloated thought it was my period on the way! I think it will be very hard to hide for another 9 weeks!!

Baby4 wrote: »

Congrats!!
    My nausea wasn't too bad on my first & some get away scott free on the nausea front so you could be one of the lucky ones & sail through the first 12 weeks.

mollycasey wrote: »
    Hi All

Took a test yesterday and it's a positive! It says 2-3 so it's very early days but still very exciting! It is baby no.1 so have no idea what to expect! I did notice over the last week my stomach is very bloated thought it was my period on the way! I think it will be very hard to hide for another 9 weeks!!

Congrats!!
    I'm extremely bloated atm & am finding my clothes tightening already & I'm only 6w4d!!
    I have a private scan booked for when I'm 10w4d so I tell people then cos there'll be no hiding it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Congrats!!
    I'm extremely bloated atm & am finding my clothes tightening already & I'm only 6w4d!!
    I have a private scan booked for when I'm 10w4d so I tell people then cos there'll be no hiding it then :)

I'm the same, very bloated, clothes are tight already and one of my friends asked me yesterday was I pregnant because it looks like I have a bump! Can't believe this is happening as I'm not even seven weeks yet! Still no nausea thank god, but I'm having trouble sleeping and a lot of back pain.

Other than that, I'm just really ridiculously happy!!! I've registered with the Domino programme in the Coombe which I think sounds fantastic, so just waiting for a date for my booking appointment now :-)

Baby4 wrote: »
    I just found out I'm 3 weeks pregnant (my first time). Due 22nd April. Sore boobs, moody, flatulence, constipation & cramps. And I'm really fearful of getting properly nauseous. I work full-time, and days off sick are frowned upon. That being said- I don't care if I have to take time off. Baby comes first!

Still though- the idea of being nauseous all the time is making me stress a little..

Congrats :D
    Aww try not to worry about nausea or sickness as not everyone gets it I'm 6+2 and been fine so far. Of you do start feeling sick just try to eat little & often.

mollycasey wrote: »
    Hi All

Congrats :D Aww so your 4-5 weeks what's your due date?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

I think it will be around April 21st! Going to go to the doc Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I officially get to join this thread :-) took test this morning, 4-5 weeks along!

So excited for number 2

Ah huge congrat bp, any idea on a due date?

Ah huge congrat bp, any idea on a due date?

About the 25th of April :-)

• Advertisement

bp wrote: »
    About the 25th of April :-)

Ah brill, how are you feeling?

Apart from gigantic boobs and nausea all good :-) how is everyone else feeling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

7 weeks today & feeling a little bit better *knocks on wood*!!

Got my booking & scan appointments this morning, booking appointment is on the 15th Sept & scan is on 19th, all starting to feel real now :)

I was all emotional earlier (with love for my toddler and future child) and my little one turns around and gives me a big sloppy approximation of a kiss.....so in love with my family!

Totally emotional here too. Little man is starting Montessori at the start of next month, was driving somewhere yesterday & starting bawling out of nowhere cos I was going to miss my little buddy in the mornings & what if he thinks I'm sending him away cos I'm having a new baby....all irrational of course but so real at the time:p

Totally emotional here too. Little man is starting Montessori at the start of next month, was driving somewhere yesterday & starting bawling out of nowhere cos I was going to miss my little buddy in the mornings & what if he thinks I'm sending him away cos I'm having a new baby....all irrational of course but so real at the time:p

Ah you poor thing, hopefully he will love it

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

new to the group haven't done the test yet but breasts are very sore and im late, had been trying to conceive had a mc a couple of months ago so a bit nervous hope everyone is doing well, this is my third baby but really excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hi ladies,

It looks like I'm joining this thread, I got a faint positive test yesterday when I was a few hours late but had cramping (not what normally happens), we bought the digital test and it confirmed it! I'm just over 4 weeks going by the first day of last period counting, in reality I'm almost exactly two weeks. This is all a big shock, we just got married a couple of months ago and had just about discussed maybe trying early next year, but we decided we'd give it one go for August "just to see" haha!

Friends and relatives are all in the middle of having babies so I have a rough idea of how the system works for GP, hospital and stuff, I said yesterday we'd leave it for another 4 weeks and I'd go to the GP then, but from reading online some suggest going sooner to get it confirmed? I know that the GP will most likely take my word for it, or possibly just do a simple test, that it's mostly to get set up for the hospital and scans, so when I should I go? To be blunt I don't want to waste €60 if my GP charges for the first visit only for my period to show up a week late or something.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Congrats to the new members! It is a good idea to get your hospital appointments set up early, especially if you are going semi-private or private to get the doctor you want

Advertisement