Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screen Unseen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had a look through the comments on Facebook and it might be The Breadwinner. It also looks like it's specifically an Irish movie, so that's why there isn't a decent discussion about it on Reddit or Letterboxd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

The cured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Mr E wrote: »
    I had a look through the comments on Facebook and it might be The Breadwinner. It also looks like it's specifically an Irish movie, so that's why there isn't a decent discussion about it on Reddit or Letterboxd.

Saw that too, I saw it at the film festival so will have to give it a miss. There was also some comments that suggested it could be Black 47, that I would like to see... hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Black47 is excellent. Slow but gathers momentum.

As I seen it at the festival I'm hoping it's The Breadwinner :p

Looks like it was Michael Inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Looks like it was Michael Inside.

That was poor, really bad. Like a 2 hour fair city episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Scream Unseen is back again this Monday.
    The clues so far:
    1. 1, 2, 3, 10
    2. From fighting to writing
    3. Four of the same

Clue 4: With Smokin’ Drive Brothers

A comment from Reddit:
    Its definitely Upgrade. The director and writer of Upgrade did Saw 1 2 3 and 10 (a Saw Short) whilst also he acted and fighted in the first 2 Saw films: hence from fighting to writing.

Upgrade hasn't got a BBFC rating yet, so I have my doubts. It would be a great one to show though...

What if its that potatoe movie, lads. Don't think i could take it.

Actually it could be the Strangers 2 (in case anyone was hoping for Upgrade). From Clue 4:
    Smokin' (Aces = Martin Henderson) Drive (= Christina Hendricks) Brothers (= Bailee Madison) clue is extremely indicative of Strangers 2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/screenunseen/comments/88xmg6/odeon_scream_unseen_23rd_april/

All 3 actors are in Strangers: Prey at Night

• Advertisement

It was Strangers: Prey at Night. I checked my phone when the credits rolled, it's only 77 minutes long! I liked it though, it's no masterpiece and full of cliches but it gets into the action pretty quickly and delivers a solid horror movie. If you liked the first Strangers movie you should like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

It wasn't great if I'm honest. Absurd set-up and too many plot holes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Omniplex have a similar offering - Secret Cinema (does it warrant a separate thread?), with the next being Friday week (29th June). 10 euros gets ticket and a medium drink and popcorn.

https://www.omniplex.ie/whatson/movie/omniplex-secret-screening-10

Comparing it to the IFCO upcoming movies:

http://ifco.ie/website/ifco/ifcoweb.nsf/web/upcomingfilms?opendocument&upcoming=yes&type=graphic

release date, IFCO rating (16), Genre (Drama) and run-time (95 minutes) all point to Dublin Oldschool.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/raves-drugs-and-seagulls-making-a-movie-about-today-s-dublin-1.3526801

Niska wrote: »
    Omniplex have a similar offering - Secret Cinema (does it warrant a separate thread?), with the next being Friday week (29th June). 10 euros gets ticket and a medium drink and popcorn.

https://www.omniplex.ie/whatson/movie/omniplex-secret-screening-10

Comparing it to the IFCO upcoming movies:

http://ifco.ie/website/ifco/ifcoweb.nsf/web/upcomingfilms?opendocument&upcoming=yes&type=graphic

release date, IFCO rating (16), Genre (Drama) and run-time (95 minutes) all point to Dublin Oldschool.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/raves-drugs-and-seagulls-making-a-movie-about-today-s-dublin-1.3526801

But 29th of June is its actual release date according to that Youtube link..?

mystic86 wrote: »
    But 29th of June is its actual release date according to that Youtube link..?

Aye, but the only other contenders (rated 16) are Tag (release date 29th June, run-time 100 mins) or Hotel Artemis (Release date 20th July, run-time 94 minutes).

Two other 16s are listed, Heathers and In the Fade, but I think the run-times and release dates preclude them.

(Of course the film may not be on the IFCO future releases table yet, but the fact Omni are advertising a 16s rating would seem to indicate it has been rated and should therefore be on the IFCO list).

Last secret screening I went to was Atomic Blonde, and that was a few days before official release date (screening was 7th August and the release date was 11th), so makes Hotel Artemis unlikely.

All-in-all, I think Dublin Oldschool is probably the film, but small chance its tag (run-time probably not and same release date) or Hotel artemis (run-time difference is negligible, but release date is probably too far away).

Aye, but the only other contenders (rated 16) are Tag (release date 29th June, run-time 100 mins) or Hotel Artemis (Release date 20th July, run-time 94 minutes).

Two other 16s are listed, Heathers and In the Fade, but I think the run-times and release dates preclude them.

(Of course the film may not be on the IFCO future releases table yet, but the fact Omni are advertising a 16s rating would seem to indicate it has been rated and should therefore be on the IFCO list).

Last secret screening I went to was Atomic Blonde, and that was a few days before official release date (screening was 7th August and the release date was 11th), so makes Hotel Artemis unlikely.

All-in-all, I think Dublin Oldschool is probably the film, but small chance its tag (run-time probably not and same release date) or Hotel artemis (run-time difference is negligible, but release date is probably too far away).

You are correct about Dublin Oldschool, I am just wondering how this is a 'see it first' scenario if that is the actual release date for that movie...

By the way, here is the further and conclusive proof that it's Dublin Oldschool:

35302291_2088380801402251_2396141213393616896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=43782aed5296e26d6699eaee1f3e660f&oe=5BB047EC

000fd8b9-800.jpg

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0508/961099-dublin-oldschool/

Scream Unseen is back on July 9th. No clues yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

You are correct about Dublin Oldschool, I am just wondering how this is a 'see it first' scenario if that is the actual release date for that movie...

By the way, here is the further and conclusive proof that it's Dublin Oldschool:

35302291_2088380801402251_2396141213393616896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=43782aed5296e26d6699eaee1f3e660f&oe=5BB047EC

000fd8b9-800.jpg

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0508/961099-dublin-oldschool/

It’s saying Thursday 21st June in omniplex when I follow the link??

Easy Rod wrote: »

Apologies if that is the case, I was only taking that date from here:

Easy Rod wrote: »

You're right. I mistook the release date on their page for screening date. (Does say 21st in the text above it).

• Advertisement

New Scream Unseen next week. First 2 clues:

1. "Injection role reversal"
    2. "Controlling mother and mean father"

One post on Letterboxd has a very good theory that it's Marrowbone:
    "Controlling mother and mean father" - in marrowbone the parents are credited as 'mother' and 'father', the actress playing mother was in the film control and the actor playing father was in mean machine.

Trailer. Out in the States and on demand since April, apparently.

1. "Injection role reversal"
    2. "Controlling mother and mean father"

One post on Letterboxd has a very good theory that it's Marrowbone:

Any more on tonites? Cudnt be arsed going to see a movie if I can get it online

For anyone curious, it was The Secret of Marrowbone (4 days before general release, and months after it was released on streaming services in the US)

For anyone curious, it was The Secret of Marrowbone (4 days before general release, and months after it was released on streaming services in the US)

Pathetic. What is the point if they keep showing tat at the unseen nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Very poor film. A couple of scares but otherwise pedestrian with an absurd set-up and a narrative with plot holes you could drive a bus through.

2 Screen Unseen's this month. An Irish exclusive one (which will be an Irish movie) on the 20th and a normal one on the 28th (which is a Tuesday).

cliggg wrote: »
    2 Screen Unseen's this month. An Irish exclusive one (which will be an Irish movie) on the 20th and a normal one on the 28th (which is a Tuesday).

where you getting that from?

https://www.odeoncinemas.ie/films/odeon_screen_unseen/15594/#showtimes?utm_source=paidfacebook&utm_medium=paid

If you select a cinema from that screen it will take you to the page with the dates for both screenings. Also if you look at the release date at the side of the page it says "Released on 28/08/18" and "Previews 20/08/18".

The first clues are out for each screening.
    The Irish one on the 20th "She was almost it"
    The regular one on the 28th "Previously mixed like The Beatles"

• Advertisement

The Irish one has to be Black '47, right? Saw the trailer in the cinema tonight - it looks excellent.
    Due for release on September 7th, so I think it could be a runner....

Advertisement