Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I wanted Deathstroke vs Batman with Damien/Talia and Ra's Al Ghul involved could have been done well with Affleck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

pixelburp wrote: »
    Preusmably his agent trying desperately to give him that post Game of Thrones career bump. Though he's what... 3, 4 years off the show? For all the series' relative fame, the acting ability of much of its cast was always pretty flakey IMO. Madden wasn't the worst but still floated around the "smell the fart" territory of emoting.

Try 6 years come June believe it or not.

Madden has carved out a decent little career for himself post GoT but can't see him for this role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Madden is more Bond that Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,814 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wanted Deathstroke vs Batman with Damien/Talia and Ra's Al Ghul involved could have been done well with Affleck

Isn't Joe Manganiello signed up as Deathstroke?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Isn't Joe Manganiello signed up as Deathstroke?

It was hm with lex on the boat in the post credit scene for Justice League. He was signed on for the role but who knows what'll happen now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

We should probably get the titel of the Thread Changed... the directors name maybe...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

We should probably get the titel of the Thread Changed... the directors name maybe...

Done. Not sure if "The Batman" is the final title, but it will do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

World Exclusive. It looks like Arnie Hammer is in talks to be The Batman.

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/02/18/armie-hammer-is-in-final-talks-to-be-the-batman-exclusive/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Arnie Hammer

Ugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Wasn’t he meant to play Batman in George Miller’s Justice League?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well he is the All American Boy like Cavill with the perfect comicbook hero Jawline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ipso wrote: »
    Wasn’t he meant to play Batman in George Miller’s Justice League?

Correct; fado fado he was in line to be batman. Can't quite recall how far that production got before it was canned.

Not that familiar with Hammer's work tbh, he seems to be popping up in indie stuff lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Enjoyed him in The Lone Ranger even if the movie was meh (barring the train chase scene).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Pter wrote: »
    Enjoyed him in The Lone Ranger even if the movie was meh (barring the train chase scene).

I thought he was also decent in "the man from uncle" which was better then I expected it to be. Interesting that he worked with Cavill in that movie . .

Drumpot wrote:
    I thought he was also decent in "the man from uncle" which was better then I expected it to be. Interesting that he worked with Cavill in that movie . .

Agree. Interesting point!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hammer is a good looking guy and a decent actor, but hasn't got a lot of range and comes across as quite vacuous. I didn't think much of him in Call Me By Your Name, for example. However, his best roles have involved him playing rich dudes, so playboy Bruce Wayne should be no sweat to him. But I'd say the dualism and psychology of the character and carrying such a big movie will be a problem for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hammer is a good looking guy and a decent actor, but hasn't got a lot of range and comes across as quite vacuous. I didn't think much of him in Call Me By Your Name, for example. However, his best roles have involved him playing rich dudes, so playboy Bruce Wayne should be no sweat to him. But I'd say the dualism and psychology of the character and carrying such a big movie will be a problem for him.

I don't know, the first time I saw hammer was in reaper and that was exactly what I thought . . An attractive guy who will play the jock or cocky lad and will make a career of it. I didn't think I would like this guy at all.

But in the Lone ranger and TMFU I thought he showed a redeemable quality in terms of being an action man of sorts that's more then just a pretty boy relying on his pretty boy looks. He played The hero role in TLR well and a believable secret agent in TMFU. You could argue that he was better then the material he had to work with in both these popcorn flicks. I haven't seen "call me by your name" but he got really good reviews.

And that asides who would of thought Michael Keaton (Beetlejuice - one of my favourite insane characters of all time) would of been such a good Batman ? And Christian Bale, the thought of him as Batman is kind of crazy when you think of what kind of roles he did before he donned the cape. In many regards I think Equilibriam gave us an early glimpse of his action credentials, but American Pshyco showed an unhinged acting strength that I think made for a very good Bruce Wayne when he was trying to figure out his place in Gotham. I actually thought Affleck was a great Batman, but all three brought something different to the character until TJL abomination where WB lost their stones and bowed to "Marvel cookie cutter" demand.

I think Hammer could be a good Batman with the right material.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,814 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/02/18/armie-hammer-is-in-final-talks-to-be-the-batman-exclusive/

My first thought is he is very tall :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It has already been debunked that Armie is in talks. They want someone under 30 for Bruce/Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

Armie Hammer's character in Call Me By Your name was meant to be in his mid 20's.

• Advertisement

At 32 Hammer seems the perfect age. Batman in his 20s doesn't seem right to me. It also suggests they are doing the bloody origin story again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At 32 Hammer seems the perfect age. Batman in his 20s doesn't seem right to me. It also suggests they are doing the bloody origin story again.

We do need to know how Bruce became batman. What happened to his parents anyway? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭brevity

Why is Batman younger than me?

brevity wrote: »

Because the universe hates us.

Seems I have the same birthday as Armie Hammer so that’s some consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Apparently they want to go against the expectations for Batman by looking for younger actor to play a younger Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I see this website being linked to a lot lately around the web. Not sure how much credibility they have....based on what I've seen not a lot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And how come batman doesn’t dance anymore?

Use your nails boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You could be Batman's Boy Wonder.

Advertisement