Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

don't jinx it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Because you can sidestep left and right? Nah not at all. The design, atmosphere and setting are top quality.

RE6 had no atmosphere and lost its identity. That was its main issue. It was like playing call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I don't wanna watch any trailers or gameplay footage, but eh, any sign of them retaining the stupid **** that ruined the franchise from Resi4 on wards? Roundhouse kicking zombies or jumping through windows into a roll/somersault?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Or the HD collection of 1. That was a brilliant remaster. Was my first time playing it and I loved it. Couldn't get into Zero though. This will be my first time playing 2. Looking forward to it

Yeah the HD remaster of 1 was really amazing. I loved 1-4 but was also dissapointed with zero, I hated zeros stupid and messy dump items anywhere which led to going back for stuff you left in a different room

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

nix wrote: »
    I don't wanna watch any trailers or gameplay footage, but eh, any sign of them retaining the stupid **** that ruined the franchise from Resi4 on wards? Roundhouse kicking zombies or jumping through windows into a roll/somersault?

No sign of any resi5/6 nonsense. No Chris punching a huge boulder or zombies using guns yet thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Greyfox wrote: »
    No sign of any resi5/6 nonsense. No Chris punching a huge boulder or zombies using guns yet thank god
    I think most of that was down to them not being zombies in the later games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I played Revalations last year and will definitely have a go at the 2nd one at some stage as it is a decent RE game that was made for a handheld device

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great trailer in fairness and the game looks amazing, well worth the four year wait I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jeeeeesus Chriiiiist, it's so gory. NSFW!

https://media.giphy.com/media/BZkkQcnIOoXgq7UkJS/giphy.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Looks great and I got a legit jump scare during one of the attacks in the trailer thanks to that guys crappy play :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Skerries wrote: »
    I played Revalations last year and will definitely have a go at the 2nd one at some stage as it is a decent RE game that was made for a handheld device

Really enjoyed Revelations 2.Some seriously difficult modes in it. Invisible zombies, seriously?

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Jeeeeesus Chriiiiist, it's so gory. NSFW!

https://media.giphy.com/media/BZkkQcnIOoXgq7UkJS/giphy.gif

Don't have the link handy but I saw a gif on reddit of the shotgun in action, holy crap it does some damage to the zombies.

Edit, here's the link, NSFW.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8qutib/shotgun_damage_in_resident_evil_2_remake/?utm_source=reddit-android

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can’t wait for this game, I’ll die a happy man if Resident Evil 3 is remade too :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

There's a great playthrough up on the capcom twitch page with cvxfreak and carcinogen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272816473?t=03h42m30s

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rob2D wrote: »
    There's a great playthrough up on the capcom twitch page with cvxfreak and carcinogen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272816473?t=03h42m30s

They shot a zombie a good few times in the head and it kept getting up, wtf!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

And it got up again when they came back into the room! Later on they shoot off one's head and it still attacks!

Looks like it's gonna be much more like the old hit and run style of combat. You won't be able to just clear the place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rob2D wrote: »
    And it got up again when they came back into the room! Later on they shoot off one's head and it still attacks!

Looks like it's gonna be much more like the old hit and run style of combat. You won't be able to just clear the place out.

Eurogamer blasted one's face off with a shotgun AND IT KEPT COMING.

Doesn't look like you can kneecap them, either.

Oh, and THEY WILL FOLLOW YOU THROUGH DOORS.

This doesn't sound like resident evil. It sounds more like a nightmare I had about resident evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doesn't look like you can kneecap them, either.

Not so sure on that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Penn wrote: »

Actually, the arm falling off there was some of the most realistic dismemberment I've seen in a video game :eek:

can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

I hope there will be something akin to the lisa trevor questline in this,I felt that she was emphatic character while also being terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Penn wrote: »

Phenomenal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks amazing, but i do have an issue with him shooting the zombie in the head and having the zombie still moving. Headshots should be a 1 hit kill, every time. That's pretty much zombie 101 right there.

Again, it's just a nit pick, and i think it looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I can see these invincible zombies becoming just mega annoying after a corridor or two, headshots at the very least should kill them :(

If you take their head and arms off, can they do damage to you?

200.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Are there any visuals of William Birkin or the Tyrant yet?

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (producer) has confirmed Hunk and Tofu will be in the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone recommend Resi Revelations? I see episode 1 of RR 2 is free so must give it a go to see how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone recommend Resi Revelations? I see episode 1 of RR 2 is free so must give it a go to see how it plays.

Both enjoyable titles. I actually prefer Revelations 1

I only played 2 really enjoyed it
    played a demo of 1 and think something in it scared me cos I never picked itup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I only played 2 really enjoyed it
    played a demo of 1 and think something in it scared me cos I never picked itup

Perfect time to go back and play the first one so!

Looking forward to seeing the alligator in his scaly, remastered glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Looking forward to seeing the alligator in his scaly, remastered glory.

What about the reporter!its gonna be nasty

Advertisement