Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

I’ve never played the first one (or any of them in fact) but would I need to play it before buying this?

I'm quite jealous of you! Would love to experience the insanity of the series from the start all over again.

As someone else mentioned you don't need to play any of the other games. But I'd recommend trying them out.

Just to warn you to steer clear of any comments / threads like this that might chat about certain plot points of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I’ve never played the first one (or any of them in fact) but would I need to play it before buying this?

Yeah play the HD remake atleast, they will refer to it in RE2 a few times, its not that long and this aint out until next year.

There are two playable characters in RE2, one of them is related to one of the playable characters in the first game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Wow, Birkin looks amazing in those shots. I hope his other mutations look as good, the original RE2 had 4 versions of him.

Not sure what they've done to Chief Irons though, he looks quite different in this new version. The below image may not be very clear but higher res versions of this image show him to be really old.

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgematsu.com%2Fgallery%2Falbums%2Fresident-evil-2%2Faugust-21-2018%2FResident-Evil-2_2018_08-21-18_004.jpg&key=wowzauemlyZRRgUndfBIlA&w=600&h=281

Original Chief Irons

latest?cb=20111025124023

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgematsu.com%2Fgallery%2Falbums%2Fresident-evil-2%2Faugust-21-2018%2FResident-Evil-2_2018_08-21-18_004.jpg&key=wowzauemlyZRRgUndfBIlA&w=600&h=281

This looks to me like one of those times where you knew what was going to animate in a Warner Brothers cartoon from what was a bit "off shade" in the scene.

The characters aren't lit well at all here! And it looks to me like the proportions are all wrong. Very strange all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Think the full version looks grand. Just car headlights shining through the metal shutter for the lighting, and his arms are swinging as he walks (if that's what you meant about the proportion?).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I don't think he's swinging his arms, if you look at the blown up image you can see he's holding a (badly angled) revolver on Claire. I know the lighting has been altered in the image but I'm talking about how the character is being presented, the original Chief Irons looked badass and properly evil, this guy looks like he's about to yell at Claire to get off his lawn or something!

I'm sure Capcom have done their best work on this project, just commenting on first impressions is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

2 short snippets of Claire gameplay.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    2 short snippets of Claire gameplay

Holy crap, ZomBirkin is amazing.

Looks like instead of the taser / blade, there's now a flash grenade as a get-out-of-danger mechanic.

I don't think he's swinging his arms, if you look at the blown up image you can see he's holding a (badly angled) revolver on Claire. I know the lighting has been altered in the image but I'm talking about how the character is being presented, the original Chief Irons looked badass and properly evil, this guy looks like he's about to yell at Claire to get off his lawn or something!

I'm sure Capcom have done their best work on this project, just commenting on first impressions is all :)

Yeah, but I think his left arm is behind him, hence looking shorter. As for his general appearance, it's definitely a different look. Maybe they don't want first time players
    to be suspicious of his corruption/general scum-baggery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus that looks intense

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

She just looks like she's nursing the mother of all hangovers.

Why did I start reading the comments...

2018-09-03_15_14_06-_Image_of_Ada_Wong_in_Resident_Evil_2_Remak.png

Melaine Trump?

Ha, we need to see the back of her coat.

• Melania even

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

I am good with what all I saw, looking forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

There's a fantastic HD remake of the first one. You'd probably pick it up cheap enough now too. Worth playing even if it isn't necessary to play before this one.

currently this bundled with res evil 0 is 10 quid on ps store, think this is the 6th thing i have purchased resident evil 1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Classic costumes as in-game unlockables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Classic costumes as in-game unlockables

What's an in-game unlockable? You mean DLC right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What's an in-game unlockable? You mean DLC right?

Well the old way costumes worked, you finish the game with a certain rank and you get a key that you can use in a new game restart that unlocks a door/wardrobe and you can change clothes etc

So they could do that or the usual trend of putting them with a more expensive version of the game :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Repost in proper thread, put it on a five year old one in error.

For anyone who preordered this with Smyths a few months ago when it was €55 less €5 discount for click and collect you should probably cancel and reorder as its gone down to €45 now (50 less 5). I'm not sure if they would do it automatically so better off taking the few minutes to do the reorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nearly forgot about this so just pre ordered it with Smyths. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Me: can i have your laser card for a minute.
    Wife: here, what you getting?
    Me: resi 2 and Detroit.
    Wife: great, saves me picking you out something crap.

Happy Christmas to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

got a code for this with my new graphics card, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's why you buy on PC & mod her to look like her real self ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

I know this was announced years ago, but I am so excited for this. It was my favorite in the series, next to RE4 and the RE:Remake. Even though some of the new models look a bit weird, I am counting the days to get thrown back into the streets, sewers, and labs of Raccoon City.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ton of videos released for this lately, been avoiding then all. No I don't want a 20 minute gameplay showing off the tyrant. Can't wait to play it for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ton of videos released for this lately, been avoiding then all. No I don't want a 20 minute gameplay showing off the tyrant. Can't wait to play it for myself.

I'm the same, been trying to go in completely blind but caved just there. I watched two minutes of the video I think you're referring to, the title refers to him as Tyrant but it's actually Mr X. It looks terrifying. Now, that's the first and last thing I'll look at relating to this before it comes out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Been watching gameplay videos because I'm an absolute coward but it actually looks amazing

Advertisement