Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is anyone else on progesterone? I've been on it 3 times a day since I did the IUI and will be for at least 2 more weeks. I am very itchy down below (sorry tmi!) and only after reading up on side affects did I find that itching can be one! Pity I didn't think to ask nurse this yesterday when she rang!

I will ring Monday as I want to find out if there is anything I can get to ease it. It's worse at night! Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

I have been so sick last two weeks, sore boobs, headaches, really tired the lot! Woke up this morning feeling totally fine. I scoffed my breakfast and waited, nothing!

Last time this happened i ignored it as nothing but when i went for the ultrasound and had been told i lost the baby, the lady there said that doesn't happen. She said sickness weakens but if it's gone completely it's not good. Soooooo.... i got really worried. I booked in for one today.

Best 100 quid i ever spent, heartbeat good. Everything fine. I'm further along too, 7 weeks. Can't wait until Xmas when i can relax a bit when i'm over the 12 week mark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have been so sick last two weeks, sore boobs, headaches, really tired the lot! Woke up this morning feeling totally fine. I scoffed my breakfast and waited, nothing!

Last time this happened i ignored it as nothing but when i went for the ultrasound and had been told i lost the baby, the lady there said that doesn't happen. She said sickness weakens but if it's gone completely it's not good. Soooooo.... i got really worried. I booked in for one today.

Best 100 quid i ever spent, heartbeat good. Everything fine. I'm further along too, 7 weeks. Can't wait until Xmas when i can relax a bit when i'm over the 12 week mark.

This is my first, but apart from being tired, I've pretty much no nausea/sickness & my boobs aren't too sore. I keep wondering should I be feeling more symptoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Every pregnancy is different! My friend on her 3rd child had no sickness until 10 weeks, she thought she got away with it lol! She's due xmas week.

I feel permanently nauseous. Not enough to actually get sick and get a little relief, but all day queasy. Only relief is when I'm eating, I'll blow up like a balloon!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Hey everyone,

I'm in shock, i'm pregnant. We weren't trying. We already have one child. Haven't been to doctors yet. Still expecting my period to be honest. My last period was oct 5 so i'm 4 weeks something? Due early July.

• Advertisement

Congrats MrsY! It'll sink in eventually lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Hi Ladies, When you refer to how far gone you are do you go by the first day of last period or when you ovulated? For me according to the doc I'm 5 and a half weeks but really I'm 3 and a half. My 12 week scan is really when I'm 10 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Cerocco wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, When you refer to how far gone you are do you go by the first day of last period or when you ovulated? For me according to the doc I'm 5 and a half weeks but really I'm 3 and a half. My 12 week scan is really when I'm 10 weeks!

It's counted from date of your last period in all things medical because that is definite, date of ovulation/fertilisation/implantation is guesswork. You're counted as already 4 weeks pregnant by the time you find out at the earliest (like I did) roughly 2 weeks after ovulation. So you are 5.5 weeks and your scan is at 12 weeks gestation, not 10.

Am i the only one with zero symptoms?:P

Am i the only one with zero symptoms?:P

I spoke too soon, felt great up to now, but haven't felt very good today, woke feeling sick :( Its hard to eat when you feel like being sick, my hubby is moaning at me for not eating much, but its really not easy! feel better tonight though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Got a bit of a fright this morning as i had some light spotting, it stopped before i even noticed it had happened, still, scary.

bbudab wrote: »
    Got a bit of a fright this morning as i had some light spotting, it stopped before i even noticed it had happened, still, scary.

This happened me on my first pregnancy about a week after I was due my period. It's scary when you see anything like that. Now have a hyper toddler 😊 xx

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I spoke too soon, felt great up to now, but haven't felt very good today, woke feeling sick :( Its hard to eat when you feel like being sick, my hubby is moaning at me for not eating much, but its really not easy! feel better tonight though!

You poor thing. This will probably happen me soon. When is.your due date?

Congrats MrsY! It'll sink in eventually lol!

Haha I'm on a diet and pretending I'm not.pregnant because the minute I accept it I'll start eating for five!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

Nausea kicked in big time for me over the weekend, plus I had my night away with the girls on Saturday and got a migraine and ended up in bed for the night at 7! Silver lining was though that I didn't have to hide the fact that I wasn't drinking!

Had permanent nausea all weekend too. On the upside my gynae appointment is for Thursday afternoon! Nervous as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ciarrai why is he moaning at you for not eating much, that's not helpful. You'd have to be eating a damn sight less than normal for it to be even the smallest problem, him moaning at you is so unnecessary, if youre nauseous its understandable to eat a bit less. It'll be a long 9 months if he's starting that already!

Ciarrai why is he moaning at you for not eating much, that's not helpful. You'd have to be eating a damn sight less than normal for it to be even the smallest problem, him moaning at you is so unnecessary, if youre nauseous its understandable to eat a bit less. It'll be a long 9 months if he's starting that already!

he's not being mean about it, just concerned! He doesn't want me not eating and something going wrong!

I went to work and had to pop to shop, so thought I'll get a cup of tea as I didn't feel like it this morning, then ended up getting a sausage roll too....soooo not like me! At least I can say its cravings, and he can't be moaning at me for not eating! haha!

This happened me on my first pregnancy about a week after I was due my period. It's scary when you see anything like that. Now have a hyper toddler 😊 xx

That's exactly where i am. It's about a week after my period is due. It was a very, very small amount, still, feeling very delicate today.

You poor thing. This will probably happen me soon. When is.your due date?

Due the start of July! I have an early scan next Monday, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I went to work and had to pop to shop, so thought I'll get a cup of tea as I didn't feel like it this morning, then ended up getting a sausage roll too....soooo not like me! At least I can say its cravings, and he can't be moaning at me for not eating! haha!

Yeah it's so weird, my usual food seems meh now. I got a jambon in spar for breakfast the other day, haven't bought one of those in years!

Yeah it's so weird, my usual food seems meh now. I got a jambon in spar for breakfast the other day, haven't bought one of those in years!

I was eyeing them up too! I stopped eating stuff like that years ago, but they all seem very appealing now! haha! bring on the cravings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Up to wee 4 times last night. Jeepers I'm wrecked and the day has only just begun

Feeling exhausted and weepy today, I may burst into tears at any moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hi Ladies

Found out on Thursday that I am due number 3! First month TTC so I wasn't really expecting it to be so quick! I am delighted of course! It's still so early as I am not due until the middle of July.

I went on a ladies weekend away and I spent it downing shots of water and drinking non alcoholic beer and nobody even noticed even when I was nauseated, it was put down to to much beer :D I think the barman may have been quite use to the request!

Symptoms so far include, nausea, tender boobs, constipation (TMI, sorry!) and excess saliva and by gosh I am simple exhausted!

Happy and Healthy 9 months to all of you!

So I'm confused took my left over clear blue digital test and its still saying 2-3 should I be worried? I'm over 5 weeks now. My last period was Oct 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Popping in from June thread. I had same issue. They can take a while to increase to 3+ weeks. Threshold is much higher. Also you must use use first morning urine to get most accurate indication of weeks.

If you Google it you will find hundreds of threads of people panicking about weeks indicator not increasing. Seems to be common problem so don't worry too much.

My permanent nausea has progressed to full on puking. Ugh. I know it's a good thing, but I barely survived the last time, and I didn't have my lunatic 21mth old! 6 weeks and first scan tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

How is everyone getting on?

I am dying to tell everyone! I'm having real trouble keeping it in! I have told my mother but apart from herself and OH, nobody else knows. When are you planning to announce the news? Have you thought of any cute ways (seems to be the in thing!)

It's strange because of my other pregnancies, I didn't want anybody to know, I hid it as long as I could. I didn't tell my extended family until I was almost 6 months on my DD.

Symptoms today include excess saliva and some indigestion but other than that, I'm doing pretty good.

• Advertisement

Got more spotting today, frequent need to use the bathroom and cramps.
    Spotting with cramps has made me very nervous and upset so i'm going to the doctor this evening. Hope everythings ok in there.

Advertisement