Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bbudab wrote: »
    Got more spotting today, frequent need to use the bathroom and cramps.
    Spotting with cramps has made me very nervous and upset so i'm going to the doctor this evening. Hope everythings ok in there.

I hope everything is ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Spotting with cramps has made me very nervous and upset so i'm going to the doctor this evening. Hope everythings ok in there.

I hope everything is ok, I'll keep everything crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Oh I hope everything is ok with you, there is a lady in the June thread and she had cramping and bleeding and her baby is grand! Fingers crossed!

Only my mum knows and I secretly sneakily told my friend (oops!) I plan on telling our immediate family tomorrow after our scan, and then everyone else will be told at xmas as that is near enough 12 weeks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

My family know and my husband is telling his after our scan Monday (they live abroad). I did tell a couple of close friends as they knew we were doing IUI, so it was really hard to hide it when they asked how it went! its so hard to keep my mouth shut, I can't lie!

I notice some of you are mentioning a scan around now. I thought that the first scan is at 12 weeks? Should I be asking for one sooner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Hope everything is ok. I had the same thing for the first 14 weeks of my last pregnancy. It's very stressful. All was ok and have a 3 year old now. Xx

Cerocco wrote: »
    I notice some of you are mentioning a scan around now. I thought that the first scan is at 12 weeks? Should I be asking for one sooner?

I did fertility treatment so my clinic want to do one before they release me as their patient and onto the public system. After that I am not sure if it is even 12 weeks, I've been told it can be up to 20 weeks before a scan...?

I think if you have any previous issues or miscarriage before or even on some medications you can get referred to the early pregnancy unit. I had to go there on my first as I had spotting and pain. They scanned me at 5wks and 6wks and 8 wks. If you have no previous issues and no pain or bleeding first scan is at 12/13 weeks x

I'm feeling shattered! Running after a toddler all day has me wrecked. Toddler very clingy too and I've been lifting toddler alot. So my back kills. I don't have any sickness but don't think I did on my first either. I do notice smells more and sorry for tmi but more clear discharge. Am am only about 5wks and 4days. So I guess sickness could hit me next weeks! Hope not. I would like to tell everyone but think we will wait for the scan. We are away when I am due my first scan so I guess I won't get to have a scan until 14/15 weeks. I'll have to talk to doc/hosp about that one. I still haven't told my doc I'm pregnant. Probably make an appointment for next week and get it officially confirmed then.

I've had 2 miscarriages also. Plus I'm currently in Germany and you just go to your gynae office where they give you a scan every 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure if mine has the big detailed machine for the anomaly scan but I could be wrong. May have to go to a hospital for that. I'll be coming home in feb so having my baby in Ireland (fingers crossed)

I know from my sister that she got a 12 week scan in the coombe, and an anomaly scan at 20 ish weeks. Where she got print outs. All other appointments were quick checks by her doc on the old fuzzy scanners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Back from the doctor, i have a UTI which explains some of the symptoms. She said everything should be ok, but to go to the hospital on Friday if symptoms continue so they can do a scan. Gave me some penecylin for the UTI. Feeling very nervous now, roll on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I did a test last Friday - and it was positive!

We're a year (almost to the day) trying. I had an early miscarriage (at about 6 weeks) in December, and nothing since then.

I have been doing acupuncture for the past 3 months, and had just finished up the week before (as I could no longer afford it). I did feel that it had helped with regulating/shortening my cycle somewhat, increasing signs of ovulation etc., and that it would stand to me, but that it hadn't worked, in that I didn't think I was pregnant.

It was the first month in ages that I had resigned myself to not getting pregnant, I wasn't really thinking about it, not using OPKs etc. Even when I was late, I ignored it, and put it down to messing around with my cycle with the acupuncture. But by Friday, I couldn't resist anymore, and got a huge big unmistakable positive!

Since about a week before the positive test, I have had the worlds sorest boobs, which have since turned into the worlds sorest, heaviest and fullest boobs. Im already spilling out of my bras, and Im only 5 weeks and 3 days.

Since then, I have been so unbelievably tired - especially during the middle of the day. But when I go to bed, I have difficulty getting to sleep. And then, of course Im up a few times during the night - either banging a boob, or needing a wee! Mornings are tough, but they always have been for me!

Other symptoms come and go. No nausea at all yet to speak of. Days of gassiness, and occasional heartburn alright. No constipation - in fact, quite the opposite, with very soft bowel movements (sorry, sorry, sorry) since about a week before the positive test too. I am very thirsty all the time, which isn't helping the need to pee all the time!

According to the internet, Im due on July 11. But Ive an appointment with my GP tomorrow evening, so hopefully will be able to confirm all and get myself on the system then.

Should my husband (who is very, very excited, apart from the fact that hes not allowed go near the new balloons under my top!) come into the doc with me, or will I leave him in the waiting room?

We haven't told anyone yet. Im playing the Booze Free November card. I go off booze most Novembers, so no one will take too much notice hopefully. We'll probably tell my family, his family and my best friend in early December, all going well. And then tell other friends over Christmas and the New Year. Though, I think I shouldn't be really telling everyone until 11 Jan, at 14 weeks, but I don't see us being able to keep it a secret over Christmas.

Eeep. Its all so exciting, and so very, very scary (anyone else still checking the toilet paper every time they wipe?... no, just me being a weirdo then!)

I had an early scan today by my dates Las period 5 Oct I should be 5 weeks 5days but scan has me measuring at 3 and half weeks. She saw the yolk sack, it was empty and said it looked healthy. I have to go back in two weeks to see if any progress. I'm very sure about dates but she said I could of ovulated later. I didn't even know they could see the yolk sac at 3 weeks. I'm expecting the worse.

Congrants sonandmoon! That's brilliant news! (And yes I was checking the toilet paper every time!) I never brough my hubby to the gp, you just pee in a cup and she takes your blood pressure and talks through a few options like hospitals etc!

I had my scan today and now I officially feel part of the group! Little peanut very visible and strong heartbeat! I cried looking at the screen, felt like a right eejit but anyway! Got given a little pic so sent that to all the immediate family back home. Due date is July 7 but she says they alter that based on size when he grows a bit. Next appointment is in 4 weeks, and she gave me a prescription of somethign based in vitamin b, to help with the constant nausea.

Happy days!

Oh no Mrs Y I know that wait , I'm sorry. I hope everything works out. Hugs x

Congrants sonandmoon! That's brilliant news! (And yes I was checking the toilet paper every time!) I never brough my hubby to the gp, you just pee in a cup and she takes your blood pressure and talks through a few options like hospitals etc!

I had my scan today and now I officially feel part of the group! Little peanut very visible and strong heartbeat! I cried looking at the screen, felt like a right eejit but anyway! Got given a little pic so sent that to all the immediate family back home. Due date is July 7 but she says they alter that based on size when he grows a bit. Next appointment is in 4 weeks, and she gave me a prescription of somethign based in vitamin b, to help with the constant nausea.

Happy days!

I didn't realise Vitamin B helped with nausea! I was given this from when we began the fertility drugs for IUI and I've been taking it since then, along with progesterone. Maybe the VitB has been helping with the nausea as I haven't had it too bad. However saying that, I haven't felt well all day today, mainly with a bad headache, which I felt coming on since I went to bed last night. I couldn't take much more of it, so I took a paracetamol. I would prefer not to take anything, but needs must. I went home from work early too, thankfully as I run a business with my husband so its flexible and my husband told me to go home :)

I have my scan on Monday morning. I know I am going to be emotional, its been so long coming that even my husband said it will be the scan before I actually will believe I'm pregnant! :)

I'm heading to the pharmacy tomorrow to pick it up so I'll let you know what it's called/ what the ingredients are.

She also mentioned another drug based one but she said it would make me sleepy. I'd prefer if I only needed the natural one! Sure I got through 14 weeks of it last time with no meds, but it was horrible!

Fingers crossed for your scan on Monday! Bring tissues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ANON0108

Hi all, I think I can join in :). I've had 3 positive tests since yesterday - 2 clearblue (non digital) in the morning (not first thing though) and definitely a line there on both. In the afternoon I did a clearblue digital and it said not pregnant but did a first response first thing and a very clear line (although a bit fainter than the normal line if you get me). Over the moon but also quite nervous as it's so early on. Only came off the pill in late August so quite surprised but delighted that it has happened so quickly.

Bit of background I came off the pill at the end of August and my got my first proper period on 7th October so it was a 48 day cycle. I was expecting this next cycle to be quite long too so was dtd as usual but trying not to get obsessed with ovulation just yet. I’m now on day 37 of my cycle. This week I’ve been absolutely exhausted, in bed every night at half 9 but still shattered the next day. I’ve also been queasy throughout the day but especially at about 7pm every evening since Monday. Thing is I’ve also had cramps so thought I was just getting monthly visitor. Because my last cycle was so long I have no idea when I ovulated and so no clue of how far along I am/due date! Can anyone offer some advice?

So nervous as I know how common miscarriages are. Also I have to fly to London for work on Tuesday - over and back on the same day. Do you think I'll be ok? Sorry for being so long-winded but I have nobody to talk to about it (apart from my husband who is as cluless as me)!

Congrats to everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Woke up to go bathroom last night and discovered i was bleeding. That thing everyone dreads. Trying to book a scan but nowhere available.

At the first ultrasound i was told i have a subchorionic bleed and I may see blood but not to panic, thing is there was quite a lot and I was only expecting some spotting.

I have no cramps or anything. It's the not knowing that really gets me! Anyway I hope everything is okay :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anon - you'll be absolutely fine flying to London. If morning sickness has kicked in just try and get a seat on the aisle near the bathroom when you check in. You don't need any special documentation until 28 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

SettlePettal - why don't you ring the a & e in your hospital and see what they say, they will probably advise you to come in and they will scan you there. Hopefully all is okay and its just the subchorionic bleed. Fingers and everything crossed for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Bingwhoosh wrote: »
    SettlePettal - why don't you ring the a & e in your hospital and see what they say, they will probably advise you to come in and they will scan you there. Hopefully all is okay and its just the subchorionic bleed. Fingers and everything crossed for you..

Thanks , I just did there. They said if it gets really heavy to come in so i guess i'll just wait and see.

I'd go in anyway! Wouldn't wait for it to get heavy! I'm the stubborn kind tho and will just sit and wait there until they scan me!

Flying is perfectly safe in the first trimester, it just might be uncomfortable due to sickness.

I think your due date will be based on your lap date but since your irregular you could get a scan done in a couple of weeks and they'd estimate a date based on that.

The tablets I got for morning sickness are called Nausema. Everything's in german on the box but it's basically 10mg of b6, 2mg of b1 , and 4ug of B12. Fingers crossed it works although then I'll be panicking that my symptoms are gone lol! I'll be happy if it just takes the edge off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I also start spotting last night... Unfortunately it became heavy and I've since taken a test which is negative. A chemical pregnancy I suppose. I don't think I would ever test early again as I wouldn't be able for it.

Happy and healthy 9 months to all you ladies x

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

So sorry to hear that Love2love. Take good care of yourself, its such a hard time.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Oh, Love2love, I'm so sorry to hear that. They do say that many women find they are at their most fertile right after a miscarriage, so keep on going with the TTC, if you're feeling up to it.

Rest up and mind yourself, its a tough time on your body, and your head xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 November1

Joining you all. Got BFP on Saturday just gone. Bit of a shocker as we hadn't been trying. Baby #2. Our DD is 22 months. Have an appointment with GP on Monday to confirm pregnancy and get the ball rolling. I reckon due date is July 3rd or thereabouts.

Looking for advise. After myself and my hubby have been together I have noticed a very slight blood stain after I use the bathroom. I've read that it is due to increased blood supply in the cervix and not to worry but I have also read about women being told not to have sex until the second trimester if this occurs. Has anyone else had this experience?!!!

Woke up to go bathroom last night and discovered i was bleeding. That thing everyone dreads. Trying to book a scan but nowhere available.

At the first ultrasound i was told i have a subchorionic bleed and I may see blood but not to panic, thing is there was quite a lot and I was only expecting some spotting.

I have no cramps or anything. It's the not knowing that really gets me! Anyway I hope everything is okay :(

Hope you are ok xx

• Advertisement

Love2love wrote: »
    I also start spotting last night... Unfortunately it became heavy and I've since taken a test which is negative. A chemical pregnancy I suppose. I don't think I would ever test early again as I wouldn't be able for it.

Happy and healthy 9 months to all you ladies x

So sorry xx

Advertisement