Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Cerocco wrote: »
    Looking for advise. After myself and my hubby have been together I have noticed a very slight blood stain after I use the bathroom. I've read that it is due to increased blood supply in the cervix and not to worry but I have also read about women being told not to have sex until the second trimester if this occurs. Has anyone else had this experience?!!!

This happened me every time on my first pregnancy. I even went to the maternity hosp a&e about it. The blood wasn't coming from womb prob just lady parts. I think its all more sensitive there. Mention it to midwives maybe. In rotunda hospital you can actually request to speak over phone to a midwife anytime. I rang loads on my first and they were so nice. If they were concerned they told me to pop in to a&e part for a mini scan. X

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

So sorry Love2Love. I remember the disappointment. Better things on the way :)

I went in and paid for a scan, was heavy enough, like a period then spotting all day. Strong heartbeat though. Turns out it was a tear in my womb and now it's gone, that was what the blood was. She said it's not usually red so i was right to come in but all okay.

I have had the worst day with it. I'm going to stop worrying now, I can't control it so I'm just going to relax. You want to see me on the M50 in that mental traffic, caught glimpses of my mother in the mirror(she's crazy) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Started spotting yesterday, so worried. Phoned Holles St and they weren't very helpful just said to sit tight that there was nothing they could do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Oh no so sorry to hear about all the spotting :( brings back sad memories :( if you are relatively close to holes street just go in to their epu and ask for a scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

I also phoned Holles Street and there was nothing they could do as it was so early (I've been spotting for 3 days now constantly), I'm pretty sure the little one is gone. I no longer feel pregnant anyway except for some nausea. I'm walking away from this positive though. My pregnancy was unplanned, but now we realise that we want to become parents. I'm going to try and get pregnant again as soon as i can. Best of luck to all of you xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hello Ladies!

Just did a pregnancy test this morning, am due about 17th July! Have one nipper already, he's 19 months at the moment. We need plans on how we're gonna hide our secrets over Christmas... any ideas?! :D

Congrats! I'm telling everyone at christmas lol! I'll be 11 weeks so close enough. If you get offered a drink , take a small glass of wine and just have some small sips and move around a lot! I'd avoid xmas parties totally :)

I've already started thinking about buggys how sad am I? My guy is a lunatic so I don't think he'll stay on a buggy board. Maybe baby in sling and my boy in buggy? Really want to avoid spending any money on a double

I have my 12 week scan on the 23rd Dec so we are going to tell all over the xmas hols

Congrats! I'm telling everyone at christmas lol! I'll be 11 weeks so close enough. If you get offered a drink , take a small glass of wine and just have some small sips and move around a lot! I'd avoid xmas parties totally :)

I've already started thinking about buggys how sad am I? My guy is a lunatic so I don't think he'll stay on a buggy board. Maybe baby in sling and my boy in buggy? Really want to avoid spending any money on a double

Lucky you! That will be lovely to be able to tell everyone!

I bought my current buggy with expansion in mind, just have to get the extra seat now! Hopefully the nipper won't really need it, but handy to have for naps out & about.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Having my first scan tomorrow, so excited! Feeling really sick again today, didn't get out of bed until quite late! Felt ok when I ate something, then felt ill again a few hours later! not a nice feeling!

• Advertisement

I don't think my vitamin b tablets are doing much for me. There is seriously not a minute in the day when I don't think I may pass out or double over vomiting. It's way worse than on my boy. I've already lost 2lbs and my weight hasn't budged in the last 6 months.

Feel like there is a rock in my stomach. Even woke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep as I felt too queasy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ANON0108

Sorry to hear about people not having a great time. Good luck with your scan today Ciarrai.

The Christmas season is going to be a toughie for us too. We are going to tell our immediate families over Christmas but don't want to tell anyone else until we've had the 12 week scan. I was thinking of drinking sparkling water and pretending it's a gin ha.

I woke up today with very sore ribs - especially on my right side. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Not feeling as sick as I was but to be honest this is worrying me a bit.

Anon I remember on my first pregnancy I got lots of funny twinges and aches, your insides start moving around and stretching and it can make it easier to pull a muscle or if you slept funny it could hurt. I Think ribs are too high to be anything directly related to the pregnancy tho I could be wrong

ANON0108 wrote: »
    I was thinking of drinking sparkling water and pretending it's a gin ha.

Put some water in a glass, then pour the tonic on top when you return at the table. Looks like a G&T ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I don't think my vitamin b tablets are doing much for me. There is seriously not a minute in the day when I don't think I may pass out or double over vomiting. It's way worse than on my boy. I've already lost 2lbs and my weight hasn't budged in the last 6 months.

Feel like there is a rock in my stomach. Even woke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep as I felt too queasy :(

same here, don't feel well most of day, its on and off!

I just had my early scan! It was an internal scan this time, but still able to see everything, including heartbeat (and hear it) and we could see the brain formation! I was relieved that there was only one baby, I was kinda stressing there may be twins as we had fertility treatment! I'll barely be able for one, never mind more! haha!

Anyway, I am just hitting 7 weeks, and everything is looking great. Baby is measuring 1cm! Its still very surreal, especially as we have been trying for so many years. I cried when I saw it, just couldn't believe its happening!

Rang my GP to get the ball moving with booking into the hospital, but they can't take me until today week! I might ring again during week to see if there's any cancellations. Good thing is eventhough I'm going public, I can request to have the same consultant, so that's good!

Awh that's brilliant news ciarrai! Glad everything is well. You can download the hospital for,s yourself I think and send them in, you don't have to wait for your doc :)

Awh that's brilliant news ciarrai! Glad everything is well. You can download the hospital for,s yourself I think and send them in, you don't have to wait for your doc :)

not sure you can in Kerry General, I'll check it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I had my docs visit on Friday. She just confirmed the pregnancy (which I was ridiculously relieved at), sent my sample off to the hospital with a letter to get me on the system, and gave me some tips on what to eat/avoid etc., and talked me through what to expect re: hospital visits etc. I also got the flu jab.

I asked should I request an early scan as I had a miscarriage late last year. She said that unless you have had 2 or more miscarriages, they don't really invite you for an early scan.

Other than that, I still have very few symptoms - extremely sore boobs first thing in the morning, menstrual style cramps in the late morning, very tired in the middle of the day. I was in bed at 9.30 last night, having fallen asleep on the couch twice already at that stage.

6 weeks today, so I'm kind of expecting symptoms to get a bit stronger over the next few days. I work in a small office, with little privacy, so I'm not looking forward to having to hide the retching noises!!

Re: getting through the Christmas - I will be 12 weeks on 28th Dec. I would prefer to keep our news quiet until we have our 12 week scan, but I imagine I will tell our families and my best friend early December, our close friends in the days coming up to Christmas, and then maybe hold off telling everyone else till after the scan. So it will be alcohol-free beers and glasses of tonic at parties if necessary. Thankfully, my husband's good friend owns one of our main locals, so I might rope him into the deceit!

So relieved, went into Holles st today cuz spotting was still there. Got a scan done and I saw my baby's heartbeat. Got a wee pic for the album. They thing I might have a small infection and took swabs. All in all a very happy person here

I just cried at the Vodafone Christmas ad. Jesus Wept...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

Hi girls, just saw this thread, its great. I too am pregnant, due 2 July :-) We nearly three years trying and been with three fertility clinics. Am very nervous that it wont be OK but trying to keep positive and reading this thread helps :-) Getting bloods checked every week and HCG nice and high as well as prog and estrogen so good start I am told by consultant. Have 8 week scan this week (first one) and then scans every 3-4 weeks after. Have bad nausea all day since week 4 and hungry all the time so keep eating:-(. Like most I am sleepy by 9pm every night. Am booked with Dr Tom Darcy (private obstetrician with the Coombe) for care after 8 week scan with fertility clinic, hard to know best as cant talk to anyone yet about it all. We think private best for us after last three years we have had. Wont be much spending this Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Welcome Cheerful14. Lovely happy news. Everything sounds very positive.

Im starting to get a bit doubtful about the whole thing. I was still wide awake at 11pm last night, boobs are starting to get less sore, and I still have no morning sickness. Im starting to really question if the baby is where its supposed to be at all. I would love to get a scan done early, just to reassure/prepare myself.

Thanks Sonandmoon, can you go for an early scan? A the start of my treatments, when was just with GP exploring what might be wrong, I went for my own scans to clinic in Blackrock Co. Dublin (Ultrasound Dimensions). There might be similar near you?

BTW I had similar to you, one day a few days ago had no nausea or sore breast, felt great, and convinced something went wrong, even went to dr google searching posts about it for hours. For me it was a days break only and from reading other forums the symptoms do come and go. I no doctor, just sharing my research ;-)

So how is everyone feeling?

I've not been too bad today, thankfully! But then again I had the morning off, but had to work this evening!
    Has anyone noticed their tummy seems a little more out at night, compared to the day? I feel like its expanded a little bit more, mainly at night. Is it normal at 7 weeks? Its my first so wasn't expecting to be showing anything yet! My jeans still feel ok though, so its nothing major! Not sure how long more I'll get away with the regular skinny jeans though!

I feel grand this morning which has me really worried. Felt decent last night too, buit I thought maybe the nausea was just settling down a bit.

Slept really well last night , but the night before was a disaster. The little man cried for 4 hrs, finally passed out around midnight, then woke 4 times screaming. No idea what was wrong with him we tried everythign to get him to sleep, even putting his mattress on the floor, and letting him in with us. We were shattered.

7 weeks today. No spotting or anything thankfully. Bit bloated but my jeans still fit! I remember last time, around the 12 week mark, I'd no bump at all but when I'd eat I'd look 6 mths preggers! It was really weird!

I feel really sick all the time, worse after I eat. No puking though

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

I've been feeling much better, but I had that scan so i know tings are okay for now! otherwise i would be worried...Can't eat red meat or garlic though which is weird. I had koka noodles for dinner last night with bread, not very nutritious.

I'm actually 8 weeks, further along then i thought too which is good. 4 Weeks until i can tell people!

And yes Ciarrai tummy a bit bloated, can really feel it in my jeans. I was thinking is it maybe because i'm not subconsciously sucking it in? Not sure, anyway no tight dresses for a while!

The dog is GLUED to me, won't let me out of her sight! I think she's in on our secret :) All good here, couldn't get an appt with my GP until next Tues. But sure, I've another 8 months... no major rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

I'm feeling nauseous from the minute I wake until I go to sleep, plus have had heartburn the last few evenings as well (way too early for that to be starting!) so I'm just fed up with it all at the minute. Plus by the time I get home from work organise dinner and get my 2 yr old to bed I am just fit for the sofa and nothing else!!

I have also been wearing maternity trousers to work for the last 3 weeks as my regular ones won't fit, I have 1 pair of jeans I can still fit into, at this rate I'm going to be huge. On my last pregnancy I got married at 11 weeks and had the whole fitted dress etc and no one could tell, just shows each pregnancy is so different.

I sound like such a moaning minnie but it really does take its toll on you! roll on the 12 weeks and hopefully I'll be back to feeling human again!!

• Advertisement

I have nausea about 90% of the time and heart burn lots. But yesterday for first time got awful bad cramps, could hardly sit or stand. Think maybe cause have had constipation for last few days and then yesterday when ate lunch had bad diarrhea for rest of day (sorry TMI!!!!) Back to constipation now and afraid to eat lunch even though always feel hungry. Am so worried, cried and not sure from the pain or worry. Anyone else have this? Am around 7.5 weeks.

Also got results of beta HCG today from test on Monday, taking nearly 7 days to double now. Was doubling every 48 - 72 hours for first few weeks and high levels. Read that takes around 96 hours to double at this stage but I am nearly twice that at 128 hours or so. First scan tomorrow and am super worried now.

Advertisement