Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

I'm newly pregnant, just found out few days ago.

Been having a few symptoms - a bit worried about something happening before the 12 weeks. Got an appointment with the GP on Monday to confirm and get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Congrats, Dowhatyoulove! Hve you an estimated due date?

I'm still unsettled by my lack of symptoms. 6weeks, 3days today. Tired, sore boobs, sniffly. That's about it.

Ill wait to see how the rest of week 6 goes, and hopefully will hear back from the hospital soon with a scan date. If I feel I cant wait that long, or am still uncomfortable with the lack of symptoms, I will look into getting a private scan done in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Ok I take back what I said earlier. Should have taken advantage of the mini puking break!

Son and moon I owuldnt bee too worked about lack of symptoms at 6 weeks, it's still early! Some people don't get them as bad. I also comsider sore boobs a strong pregnancy signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Not everyone has symptoms! It might be something else, like hyper sensitive smell, or certain things tasting funny. You might have other things, not just the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

For the girls with neausea what are you finding to eat that helps? I'm living on toast and mashed potatoe just now. Can't tolerate strong smells at all. I love coffee but just now even the smell makes me feel so sick

• Advertisement

My body wants ice pops. And fizzy drinks. I think I'm def dehydrated. I'm able to stomach cream crackers and toast and water in the morning, then after I'm sick (for the first time) I have some tea.

I'm finding popcorn good as its dry and salty. Can't do anything sour or too strong tasting. I can smell my boys poop from a mile away. The cat poop is killing me too.

Basically I'm eating bland crap.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

My body wants ice pops. And fizzy drinks. I think I'm def dehydrated. I'm able to stomach cream crackers and toast and water in the morning, then after I'm sick (for the first time) I have some tea.

I'm finding popcorn good as its dry and salty. Can't do anything sour or too strong tasting. I can smell my boys poop from a mile away. The cat poop is killing me too.

Basically I'm eating bland crap.

I too am craving fizzy drinks, but I'm not giving into anything bad!! I actually gave up Coca Cola ages ago, and swapped it for Whole Earth Organic Cola, which is divine! I also love their Orange & Lemon and their Lemonade. Really refreshing and a LOT less sugar.
    I see to be eating LOADS of fruit, its all I seem to be able to eat in the morning, and I am loving slicing apples and eating it that way! I can't seem to eat much in the way of chocolate, which I was close to being addicted to!

I am not a big eater during the day, so I have to make myself eat more as I am getting dizzy if I don't! I'm trying my best to get out of my old bad habits of skipping eating during the day.

Can't eat much fruit as it turns my stomach. Some apple, but grapes, berries etc are too sour. Completely gone off chocolate too!

I would love some lemonade, haven't seen any here in Germany though. I'll have to look better! I'd die for some schweppes pink lemonade, but I've only ever found it in Israel :(

I drank a ridiculous amount of diet 7up from a can last pregnancy, it was just so satisfying! They don't do cans here :( so diet coke from a bottle it is!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Can't eat much fruit as it turns my stomach. Some apple, but grapes, berries etc are too sour. Completely gone off chocolate too!

I would love some lemonade, haven't seen any here in Germany though. I'll have to look better! I'd die for some schweppes pink lemonade, but I've only ever found it in Israel :(

I drank a ridiculous amount of diet 7up from a can last pregnancy, it was just so satisfying! They don't do cans here :( so diet coke from a bottle it is!

If there are any health food type stores there, see what sort of fizzy drinks they have, if any. Whole Earth drinks are gorgeous, so refreshing!

I would love some lemonade, haven't seen any here in Germany though. I'll have to look better!

You might be able to find the San Pellegrino soft drinks? They're not too sweet & nice and sharp. Last time I was pregnant, I could have drunk Club Lemon by the gallon!

• Advertisement

Oh my god I'm dying today. I have a head cold and cough and all the regular crappy vomiting and nausea on top. And it's cleaning day. Every Time I cough my stomach clenches and I wretch.

I want to curl up and stay in be all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Est due date is 26th July I think Soon and moon

I've had some cramping in my abdomen, usually happens before I need to go to the loo though so that might have something to do with it! My boobs were like really sore two days ago, they've calmed down now though!

Me and OH aren't planning on telling anyone until after 12 weeks. Gonna be tough over Christmas..

No weird food tastes at the moment - not looking forward to it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

So thirsty here. Real craving for club lemon and I normally never take any fizzy drinks!! First scan Monday week. Hopefully all will be well. Slight nervous over it.

I'm as sick as a small hospital with 'all day sickness'. For the ladies that this one isn't their first and had morning sickness. Is there an end to this after 3 months????

On my first with all day sickness, it had eased to morning only by about 12 weeks( I remmeber as it was my sisters hen party) and by 16 weeks ( the weddign) it was kind of every other morning . Think it was completely gone by 18 weeks.

I had my first bout of morning sickness yesterday. I must say, I was really glad of it!
    Im sure I wont feel that way if it continues, but yesterday, it was reassuring!

went to my GP this morning to get the letter for the hospital & forms done up. He already had my referral from the clinic so he knew I was pregnant! He did my bloods and blood pressure, all fine. He asked was I feeling like I'd a cold, which I do feel as though I might have one coming on, so he said just to mind myself and take lemsip if I need to. I hate the stuff, so hoping it won't develop into anything. I felt really sick last night, couldn't even take my vitamins, I was retching!
    I have to go back to my GP in 4 weeks. I didn't realise that I don't have to pay for my gp maternity visits while on public system! I was ready to pay him, so that was nice! :)

If he's putting you on combined care, you don't pay for a certain amount. I think 6? If for some reason you need extra visits you will have to pay though :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If he's putting you on combined care, you don't pay for a certain amount. I think 6? If for some reason you need extra visits you will have to pay though :)

If the visits are pregnancy related I'm not sure - I had extra visits and was never charged but it might be down to the doctor.

Yeah I can't remember the schedule, but if a Normal pregnancy had you going to the doc 6 visits, you might get 7 free or somethign. Some docs don't mind and others will charge for anything over.

Sometimes the very first visit isn't free either. But my doc did it for free. I didn't have to pay at all even when I went back in for a flu shot

• Advertisement

Yeah I can't remember the schedule, but if a Normal pregnancy had you going to the doc 6 visits, you might get 7 free or somethign. Some docs don't mind and others will charge for anything over.

Sometimes the very first visit isn't free either. But my doc did it for free. I didn't have to pay at all even when I went back in for a flu shot

It was a nice surprise anyway, saved me €50! I am going to my GP since I was a child, as have my family. He said one of the forms I signed had covered it, so I didn't argue! ;) He didn't mention how many appointments were covered, but I wouldn't expect to go for free if it was for something non-pregnancy related. We decided to go public after many friends & family saying it made no difference going private here in Tralee, we don't have a private maternity hospital, nor are you even guaranteed to see the consultant you pay on the day of birth! Everyone I've spoken to said it was the same level of care and only difference was not having a private room, but even my sister who went private for her first, didn't even get a private room until the last night....and she had a section!
    If we had more choice of maternity hospitals here then we might have considered it!

Yeah I went semi on my boy, and will go semi again. I was in a 4 person room on ward and every other lady had had sections so they were constantly beeping their calling buttons for the nurses to come and help them. Drove me batty as I'm a light sleeper but they literally couldn't pick up their own children. It's easier to catch a nurse on the bigger wards as they are constantly in and out though.

Semi I thnk will work for us again, the public queues in the coombe are way too long, my mil (who has an 8 yr old!) would be waiting up to 3 hrs for her appointment. But she worked in the public service and they couldn't say anything to her. I had a friend advise against going private because you are guaranteed to see your doc. Meaning if he was busy or in surgery or somethign you had to wait for him! She also spent hours in waiting rooms!

We were never waiting more than 45 min and I think I saw my doc 80% of the time . She wasn't there on the day though as the midwives deliver and docs only come if they are needed.

Also it being July we are all due they'll probably all go in holiday!

I feel so so ill tonight. The nausea is horrendous! I rarely get sick, thankfully, so this is knocking me for six. I was meant to work this eve but didn't feel up to it. I managed to have dinner, but since about 8pm I've just felt worse & worse :( it's such a horrible feeling. I haven't been physically sick, but I'm not sure I won't be! I am soooooo bad with vomiting, I can't cope with it, I turn into a child crying! I think it's some sort of phobia, I can't even be near anyone who gets sick! I really won't be much good with a baby now will I! ��

I thought I was getting off lightly with this nausea, but I spoke way too soon! :(

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I feel so so ill tonight. The nausea is horrendous! I rarely get sick, thankfully, so this is knocking me for six. I was meant to work this eve but didn't feel up to it. I managed to have dinner, but since about 8pm I've just felt worse & worse :( it's such a horrible feeling. I haven't been physically sick, but I'm not sure I won't be! I am soooooo bad with vomiting, I can't cope with it, I turn into a child crying! I think it's some sort of phobia, I can't even be near anyone who gets sick! I really won't be much good with a baby now will I! ��

I thought I was getting off lightly with this nausea, but I spoke way too soon! :(

I feel your pain, mine gets gradually worse as the day goes on. My hubby is panicking as I've lost half a stone and am feeling so sick. I've just found that little food often is doing the trick, don't let your stomach get empty cuz you will feel a million times worse. I say while feeling sick and trying to eat porridge!! Best of luck

Yep agree with cerocco, force feeding yourself helps! On my first I refused to actually get sick, but honestly once you get sick, you then get about 30 min of feeling normal, to eat somethign small or grab a shower etc. so it's worth it. Also my eyes start streaming and it's really not pretty!

How are your OH's doing? Are they excited? My husband is sick of me already lol! I'm just in a terrible mood all day every day. He gets annoyed when I ask him to take our son down the stairs for me cos I don't feel safe doing it cos I think I might faint. He thinks I'm very dramatic! (Who me?!)

Yep agree with cerocco, force feeding yourself helps! On my first I refused to actually get sick, but honestly once you get sick, you then get about 30 min of feeling normal, to eat somethign small or grab a shower etc. so it's worth it. Also my eyes start streaming and it's really not pretty!

How are your OH's doing? Are they excited? My husband is sick of me already lol! I'm just in a terrible mood all day every day. He gets annoyed when I ask him to take our son down the stairs for me cos I don't feel safe doing it cos I think I might faint. He thinks I'm very dramatic! (Who me?!)

My husband is very protective at the moment, won't let me lift a finger! We run a business together, and there's a lot of lifting involved, which I can't do obviously so I'm starting to feel really useless & its annoying when I want something done but I can't just do it myself! I need to get Xmas decorations down to start window decorating, but he's busy at the moment and I am very impatient!! haha!

Felt awful all night long, was shivering too, so I am wondering if I am coming down with a cold. I'm a bit sniffly, but nothing major. I just felt really ill all night & didn't sleep that well. My husband said I am talking in my sleep an awful lot lately, far more than I ever do! He could hear me when he was in the kitchen & I was in bed! weird! I guess I've just so much going on in my mind at the moment.
    I feel a little better today, still very nauseous, but I'm trying to eat a little bit of fruit and I had some tea. I can't seem to eat little & often though, I don't even know what to eat half the time, and end up eating fruit! I bet this baby hates fruit when it grows up! :o

I'm usually a total foodie, but am so not into food at the moment.

All I want is bland carbs. My approach at the moment is to get as much fruit and veg into myself when I can tolerate it. So in the mornings I'm eating almonds, clementines and grapes (these seem to be tolerable). Then I'm having homemade veg soup (as bland as possible) for lunch, with porridge bread (again totally bland as I'm not adding any of the usual nice things like dried fruit, herbs, or seeds/nuts).

By the time I get home from work, all I can face is tea & toast, plain noodles, a baked potato, or something similarly bland. But at least I'm getting some goodness in in the morning.

My next challenge is to get my tired ass up off the couch after work. I know I'm not exercising nearly enough, and that I will feel so much better if I do it, and that it is good for the baby, etc., but at the moment, all I am managing is one swim and one run per week (max). Usually I would hit a gym class 4-5 times per week, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing those v strenuous exercises now. Ideally, I would like to swim twice and run twice per week, plus good long walks on other days. With the combination of crap weather and being so tired, I'm finding it tough though.

I'm usually a total foodie, but am so not into food at the moment.

All I want is bland carbs. My approach at the moment is to get as much fruit and veg into myself when I can tolerate it. So in the mornings I'm eating almonds, clementines and grapes (these seem to be tolerable). Then I'm having homemade veg soup (as bland as possible) for lunch, with porridge bread (again totally bland as I'm not adding any of the usual nice things like dried fruit, herbs, or seeds/nuts).

By the time I get home from work, all I can face is tea & toast, plain noodles, a baked potato, or something similarly bland. But at least I'm getting some goodness in in the morning.

My next challenge is to get my tired ass up off the couch after work. I know I'm not exercising nearly enough, and that I will feel so much better if I do it, and that it is good for the baby, etc., but at the moment, all I am managing is one swim and one run per week (max). Usually I would hit a gym class 4-5 times per week, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing those v strenuous exercises now. Ideally, I would like to swim twice and run twice per week, plus good long walks on other days. With the combination of crap weather and being so tired, I'm finding it tough though.

I was worried cos I wasn't doing any exercise and felt so lazy, but I've literally energy, and my doctor said not to worry about it, that I need to let myself rest, that's what my body is telling me to do, so do it! When the energy comes back, and I'm past the 12 weeks, I can start into a bit of exercise again. I used to do kickboxing cardio, so obviously that's not going to happen until after baby, but I am going to start Pilates for pregnancy once I get the all clear. I've done pilates before, so I know it will be good. I am going to try & get back to swimming, and maybe the gym if I can figure out what I can & can't do! For now, I'm doing nothing, I can't face it. I can barely get through the day at the moment. I knew this part wouldn't be easy, but my God!! It will be worth it! Then I'll be moaning that my lazy lie in's are a thing of the past....yikes! lol

Went to the doc this morning, just got my flu jab, she took my BP & sent the letter off to the Domino in the Coombe. Am about 6 weeks, so she couldn't do a scan - so I can pop back in a few weeks. Which I think I will, am more or less asymptomatic, so it's hard to know if I'm really preggers or not! But I've an awful hankering for a steak... I know I'm not anemic (have Haemochromatosis) but I was slow cooking Bolognese sauce yesterday and I kept on opening the lid to chomp on spoons of the mince. It was wonderfully BEEFY.

Now the stressful thoughts on what to do about prenatal testing? Has anyone done the Harmony/Panorama test? My GP recommended Dr Sean Daly in the Beacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

I too am worried about the whole no exercising, used to exercise at least once a day but last few weeks lucky if get out for a walk 3 or 4 times a week. Was told by my consultant that cycling and cross trainer in gym best to use. Feel like motion sickness when try swim rather than the nausea I have 90% of the time. Used to swim lots and really miss it. Am at least a dress size bigger already and only 8.5 weeks.

Am interested in the free GP visits, I have been getting bloods done since 4 weeks and have paid each time (€40 too). Will query why I not on free GP care?

All I can eat at moment is chips, potatoes or bread. I never used to eat chips but every day in work cafe I get portion with a salad and only can really stomach the chips. This seems to be normal from other posts :-) I was eating grapes as found them refreshing but read in pregnancy journal that grapes not good for first trimester, anyone else hear this?

Advertisement