Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

• 05-04-2016 6:23pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

This thread is for a man that has been a journalist, presenter, a broadcaster, a husband and father, a company director, a vigorous all rounder with a fascinating past and an amazing future. Gregarious, popular, a philanthropist but never happier when he's relaxing in his own 5-bedroom self built house with three acres of land and access to a private stream. But who the hell is this mysterious enigma? This mysterious enigma is Alan Partridge.

Almost 25 years of gracing our TV screens and radio waves and proving to be a cultural pillar and cornerstone of British Comedy and yet he hasn't got a ruddy thread on boards. He has just finished season 2 of Mid Morning Matters With Alan Partridge (MMMWAP) which of course was 10 on 10 and he looks to continue for a long time yet. What are your favourite Alanisms, scenes and characters? What is your favourite King and Car combination? (Henry 8th - Range Rover, Vogue 4.6, Petrol, Sage Green with a Saddle Tan interior).

I realise he has his haters (naysayers) and is quite divisive but hes not the type to let that bother him, just water off a ducks back really and anyway, hes far better than Eamonn Holmes.
    So let battle commence!

partridge.jpg

A-ha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cashback!
    alan20partridge.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I watched the first four shows off season one last night.

Jurassic Park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

THAT, was a goal.

My comedy hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lovely stuff.

We need to talk about Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,590 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Lovely stuff.

Not my words, Michael...the words of Shakin' Stevens.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lynn, some of these people have come from STOKE.

I love Alan. His radio shows from the early nineties are worth checking out if anyone hasn't heard them before. I listened to them about a year ago and loved it. I must check them out again.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sligojoek wrote: »

His first ever meeting with Dan was epic too. You can imagine his glee at discovering Dan reads the Daily Mail, drives a Lexus and wears Lynx :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

I'm not retreating, Pat's tugging me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

giant-10-lb-toblerone-bar-6160.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

it's the japanese mercedes

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

absolutely love the specials like Anglian Lives and Places of My Life
    also, his radio intros are solid gold

• Registered Users Posts: 71,590 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Der's more to Oirland...dan dis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Strazdas wrote: »
    His first ever meeting with Dan was epic too. You can imagine his glee at discovering Dan reads the Daily Mail, drives a Lexus and wears Lynx :D

THEY'RE SEX PEOPLE LYNN!

Watched the one where he aims for the Bond marathon over a long weekend, his negotiating skills for Lynns rise leave a lot to be desired!

Rarely a Sunday goes by without mentioning the hardships of a Sunday to my OH too.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

tumblr_inline_ndc31zt63y1sy96x5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Lovely stuff. Not my words Michael, the words of Shakin' Stevens.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

You smell like a brewery run by tramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think 'Sunday, bloody Sunday!'"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

"Sack Lynn for being unloyal, disloyal. And for joining in fun in a way that excludes her employer. And sack her for being an absolute idiot and inefficient. Lynn, can you call Bill Oddie and…"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,214 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"LYNN I'VE PIERCED MY FOOT ON A SPIIIIKE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've been a huge Alan fan since I was a kid.
    I love his awkwardness.

I love how he never lets the other guy speak on MidMorning Matters.
    My favourite episode of I'm Alan Partridge is "The Colour of Alan", where he gets his foot stuck on the spike and has to do a presentation for Dante Fires.

I thought the bit where he's pitching to the South African guy was hilarious; especially when he's trying to balance the table and imitates the guy's accent.
    I laugh til I cry whenever I re-watch it.

Loved when he was being told to give Lynn a raise by her boyfriend and he started singing "Tell you what, I tell you what..."

I've just always loved Alan Partridge and I only saw the film the other night and thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

"Kate Middleton, a welcome drop of mongrel blood in an otherwise stagnant gene pool"

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they ‘Paved paradise to put up a parking lot’, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn’t quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song. It’s 4:35am, you’re listening to ‘Up With The Partridge’.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

XR3i wrote: »
    it's the japanese mercedes

lexi2.jpg?w=460&h=253

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

THAT, was a goal.

he's got a foot like a traction engine

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"You join us live at the Berlin Olympics on "Grandstand" in 1938 on this pleasant summer morning in Nazi Germany. Everyone's here. Hitler's in his box, Jesse Owens just waved to him. He doesn't like that."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

an oldie but still one of the best

Advertisement