Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I love the moment when Alan and the hotel porter (not Michael, the younger guy) were talking about ladyboys and Alan was saying that you'd never know what women are actually men. Then, Sally Phillips' character Sophie, who is completely oblivious to the conversation, comes around the corner and Alan suddenly asks "Are you a man Sophie?". Her simple deadpan reply of "No" is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I got 4 - yer man really knows his Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Sue Cook's pulled out..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

RayM wrote: »

Looks like he's up slack alley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,515 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Alan compering the finals of Miss Norwich...

Alan: Contestant number four is Maria McNulty. Maria is an Irish Roman Catholic. She says that before each beauty contest, she says a quick prayer.

She has a 36'' bust...AVE MARIA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Alan's hatred for The Laughing Guy who is also staying at the hotel. The face on Alan when he gets stuck in the lift with him :) (cant post a clip :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Alan's hatred for The Laughing Guy who is also staying at the hotel. The face on Alan when he gets stuck in the lift with him :) (cant post a clip :( )
    That was the episode where he had a mystery object in the drawer in his bedroom and people kept trying to look at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Maasive alan p fan. I thought this series was epic. When he was getting a massage simon asks him a reply for critics alan in a sleepy voice says " i i hope... they get... cancer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

"Stop getting Bond wrong"

And then later he's outside the caravan pretending he has a gun and throwing grenades like a kid. Then he takes a bottle of Sunny Delight and spills it like its oil and he is going to light a fire :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭.red.

The air guitar is another classic scene. I love how he goes to take the guitar strap off his shoulder at the end

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDqzpgzdis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"Stop getting Bond wrong"

I love how Alan's commentary syncs up exactly with the real intro to The Spy Who Loved Me. Lovely Stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

My favourite moment is at the 'An Audience With.....' at the hotel at the when a cheap keyboard is playing Knowing Me, Knowing You and Alan tries to stop it but ends up playing a few different sound effects before he eventually stops it and when comes back "Sorry about that, a few gremlins in the system, ghosts in the machine, perhaps a metaphor for...............good evening"

Also at the same event when two fella's interrupt him by opening the door, just take a quick look at him and leave without saying a word, Alan turns to the crowd and says "Why do people do that"

"Very clever men, but I don't trust them, Gerry Adams looks like a Deputy Headmaster and Martin McGuinness looks like a clown without make up"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It's great to see so many AP fans here.
    I thought of some more snippets that I loved:

-When Michael has drawn a "baby H" on the ground incase a helicopter flies overheard.
    -When Alan tells Lynn she "couldn't present a cat."
    -When Alan calls to Michael who won't let him indoors but gives him a cup of beans and Alan says the sausage is like a spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

North Norfolk hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Cook Pass Babtridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Alan revisits his old school and meets his headmaster:

Raphael: That was an appalling thing to say, you’ve placed me in a rather invidious position.
    Alan: Don’t know that word. Carry on.
    Raphael: You leave this school again and we’re left with the detritus.
    Alan: Knock it off with the fancy words mate. Say it like it is, it went tits up. Y’know, you speak like you’re from the 19th century. And you sweat.
    Raphael: I’d like to see you sweat over your work like I do over mine.
    Alan: I don’t, because I use Lynx Africa. Gonna cane me?
    Raphael: No, but I might throw a chair at you.
    Alan: It’s still corporal punishment. See you in Strasbourg.

“That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they ‘Paved paradise to put up a parking lot’, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn’t quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.”

Some of the radio show sketches to be re-released on vinyl for Record Store Day! :)

Can you play them on a Bang And Olufsen? :D

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2016/alan-partridge/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some of the radio show sketches to be re-released on vinyl for Record Store Day! :)

Can you play them on a Bang And Olufsen? :D

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2016/alan-partridge/

Lovely action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Played by the actor Kevin Eldon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Thargor wrote: »
    That was the episode where he had a mystery object in the drawer in his bedroom and people kept trying to look at it :D

They revealed what it was.. A Dutch special interest magazines called "Dikke Vrouwen op de Toiletten" (Fat women on toilets).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Watching I'm Alan Partridge now, delighted to discover it's on Netflix. "3 words. Wash. My. Car. Oh right, wash your car. Sorry Mr Partridge".

I’m going nowhere, Lynn. Quite literally, I’m on the ring road. Third time round. I’ve just been into B&Q for a bag of tungsten-tipped screws. Never gonna use ‘em. Never gonna use ‘em.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

"don't rub your fanny on me"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Ipso wrote: »
    I’m going nowhere, Lynn. Quite literally, I’m on the ring road. Third time round. I’ve just been into B&Q for a bag of tungsten-tipped screws. Never gonna use ‘em. Never gonna use ‘em.

I only noticed, after my millionth rewatch, that this is the set up of a joke that we get the pay off for later in the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did we? What did he use the screws for?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

At the end when he dresses up as a zombie (shower curtain cape etc) he has the screws taped to his fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

"Did you know that there are no Dutch Elms left in Britain?

Completely wiped out.

Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting."

• Advertisement

Alan: It's nearly 7 o'clock, this is Dave Clifton.

Dave: Yes, indeed! Good morning, it's Dave Clifton! And there goes Alan Partridge..."Cone" but not forgotten!

Alan: *a bit annoyed but laughing*

Dave: You must've seen a film like, "Cone"an The Barbarian.

Alan: Yeah, good one.

Dave: Then watch a bit of TV like, "Cone" dancing.

Alan: Yeah, not so good but... fine.

Dave: Come on Alan, whats the matter with you? "Cone" you take a joke?

Alan: Oh, F**K OFF!

Dave: I am speechless! Dave Clifton is actually speechless! I don't believe you just said...

Alan: You don't sound it! I wish you were!

Dave: I mean, I really don't know what to say! I find it really difficult to find the words...

Alan: Try saying nothing!

Dave: You and I both know that dead air is a crime, and I think it's terrible that you have to fill it with swearing on your show!

Alan: Fortunately Dave, you are bang wrong! It's 1 minute past 7, it's your show, you're responsible for the output. I am technically a guest and you failed to control me...READ THE SMALL PRINT ON YOUR CONETRACT.

Advertisement