Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

• 21-04-2016 8:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Mod: While discussing the dates, personalities and their quirks are all fair game given how outsized they can be - that does not include sexist, racist or homo/transphobic comments; they will be deleted and the user infracted. No exceptions.

So this starts tonight. I'm a big fan of the original Channel 4 series but I'm kind of worried this will be a disaster like all other Irish remakes.

This article summed up my worries...

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/is-rte-about-to-muck-up-first-dates-with-a-craic-date-and-bumpety-bump-comedy-music-34646636.html

I fear it'll be full of 15 minute of fame seekers, and OTT characters instead of genuine people like the C4 edition.

But who knows could be great!
    Post edited by pixelburp on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Hopefully it won't be full of bunny boilers harping on about their ex's like the UK one. I swear it should be renamed first and last date.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Come dine with me Ireland was terrible. I think the difference between the irish and UK version is we're too self conscious so it's going to attract over the top pratts. The uk version is good because they are genuine and don't even realise they're being hilarious.
    Im still going to watch it for the cringe fest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Mindset wrote: »
    I think the difference between the irish and UK version is we're too self conscious so it's going to attract over the top pratts.

You've said what I wanted to say about it. Exactly. It'll be OTT loudmouth idiots probably. But you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,447 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I read an article about it on entertainment.ie - apparently it's very good.

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/Why-youre-going-to-love-First-Dates-Ireland-and-hardly-cringe-at-all/379914.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

It seems like it could be as good as the UK version, but no doubt there will be some attention seekers. Only time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Possible Cringefest alright..
    We'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

rodge68 wrote: »
    Possible Cringefest alright..
    We'll see..

1st couple are like super like niche like super super

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Dont like the first geezer. Love's himself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'm liking the show so far......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Mindset wrote: »
    Come dine with me Ireland was terrible.

Come dine with me was terrible both Irish and English versions

• Advertisement

Both girls painful...only 11 mins in !!
    Thats what makes it interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Too many supers. I thought only women and the gays say super

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Hes like the gay member of the boy band who hasn't come out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

The first girl is really full of herself. And her fella is like both Jedward twins rolled into one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Oh dear lord. I thought she needed an epipen before she ate. Not hand sanitizer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is this a comedy a la The Office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

The Donegal lad is coming across normal. The south African bird would be a pain in the hole to spend any time with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'm liking the show so far......

super.jpg

These shows attract absolute ___________ (fill in the space)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

1st couple are like super like niche like super super

He's a super tosser !.........super fu#kin annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I reckon the beardy dude is in it for the attention. There's no way SHE is his type.
    I'm predicting the bald fella will run for the hills once he's finished the meal. :D

• Advertisement

There is something about that "super" graphic designer that comes to mind but i'd be called up for defamation if I said it on boards!

Anyway, the best I can say here he is Jedward's triplet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Some set of doodles on the South African one. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

South African girl (Federica?) is fairly annoying from the get go. I dunno, anyone who opens with 'I have a big sex drive' is just looking for attention in my book anyway. Donegal guy looks a bit like he would love to get the hell out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Scouser alert watch the silverware!

Some set of doodles on the South African one. 😎
    I hadnt noticed til you pointed it out..some cans..I think I was just concentrating on how f##ki g painful she is !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Some baps in the jacks there. Have one go on them and get out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

The south African one is annoying.

Jessme wrote: »
    South African girl (Federica?) is fairly annoying from the get go. I dunno, anyone who opens with 'I have a big sex drive' is just looking for attention in my book anyway. Donegal guy looks a bit like he would love to get the hell out of there.

she is a sociopath of the highest order!!

Imagine putting up with him for three years!! You would go super insane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Law chick seems super (!) nervous, cramming anything she thought would sound impressive into the first five minutes (law, stand-up). I think she seems nice but yer man is a bit manic so it seems like she's kinda fielding that a bit.

Advertisement