Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Awww :(

Awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭mada999

ah grim they looked like they got on well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Oh dear she looks a bit gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Ah no, I really hoped they'd see each other again.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

The lift scenes are hillerious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Stheno wrote: »
    Oh dear she looks a bit gutted.
    She sure does..Poor thing..shes great craic..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

These pair could work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Ah the beards are a cute couple

Awww I'm SMILING here!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

amdublin wrote:
    Awww I'm SMILING here!

Me too, I love a happy ending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

amdublin wrote: »
    These pair could work!

If they don't my faith in love has gone. Gone! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Surprisingly well done. Great job, RTE!

Stick that on at Friday at 9:30 and it would be FAR more entertaining than the gangly dude.

Mr E wrote: »
    Surprisingly well done. Great job, RTE!

Stick that on at Friday at 9:30 and it would be FAR more entertaining than the gangly dude.

Absolutely. Very enjoyable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jessme wrote: »
    Absolutely. Very enjoyable.

Very close to the original really enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Pity they gave away so much about next week in the trailer.

You can draw a line through one date and another of Federica is back next week.

I thought that came across even better than the English one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I think Daryl was ready to say yeah he'd be interested in a 2nd date then Amy shouted no and i think that threw him and he went off on the friends line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Poor amy! And Lee what were you thinking lol 29 or 30 jesus!

Letree wrote: »
    I think Daryl was ready to say yeah he'd be interested in a 2nd date then Amy shouted no and i think that threw him and he went off on the friends line.
    I don't know..."no spark"
    "could be great friends"

All code for "I just didn't fancy her"

Which is sad but there it is...you can't (nor should you!) fake chemistry. She will find the right person for her am sure - she was a great girl I thought! And she was very pretty I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Letree wrote: »

Nah just wasn't attracted to her.

• Advertisement

Nah just wasn't attracted to her.
    He's an eejit. He'd have been punching above his weight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah he went straight to Coppers after it. A sure sign (for a culchie anyway) that he was looking to make "amends"

That Federica one though. Head wrecker but I'd say she knows her way around the boudoir

That Federica one though. Head wrecker but I'd say she knows her way around the boudoir
    Jesus she'd fairly make a wee boy outta ya!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Yeah he went straight to Coppers after it. A sure sign (for a culchie anyway) that he was looking to make "amends"

Frederica is a pain in the hole, but I'd say she would be a complete mad yoke in the saddle, make dust of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I never get why people always say that about the crazies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Frederica is a pain in the hole, but I'd say she would be a complete mad yoke in the saddle, make dust of ya

Poor doodle

I'm not so sure. If someone announced to me that they had a really high sex drive in a first date scenario, then I'd be inclined to wonder if that was not just a massive insecurity showing through. As in, that's me - sex mad - that's my number one selling point. What else do you have to offer? Personality? Interests? Maybe I'm delving too deep though, she's definitely a head wrecker :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

I never get why people always say that about the crazies.

Agreed. She came across to me as an insecure trainwreck. These haven't been the stand out lays for me in my time anyway, the opposite in fact.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My favourite bit was that the Maitre'd guy didn't do the whole 'love guru' thing that Fred does on the UK version which is really irritating at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

I really enjoyed that! The hot Donegal lad looks like Corey Stoll (Peter Russo from House of Cards).

Advertisement