Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Marvel (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So we only going to see the end credit scene is what you are saying.

From my own POV, I'm not too fussed about going to see this film but I'll ultimately go to see it to see how it does arc back to A4 and A:IW coming out in a few months.

Maybe because my expectations are low enough, I'll enjoy it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Theres still something very stilted in some of her line deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Because she can't act.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    From my own POV, I'm not too fussed about going to see this film but I'll ultimately go to see it to see how it does arc back to A4 and A:IW coming out in a few months.

Maybe because my expectations are low enough, I'll enjoy it more.

This is going to be standalone fair. If we get more than a 30-second scene at the end of the film related to the snap......i'll be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah an Oscar winner can't act ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Kirby wrote: »
    This is going to be standalone fair. If we get more than a 30-second scene at the end of the film related to the snap......i'll be amazed.
    The story will (or at least should) be standalone. But the character's powers, and maybe even a weapon or some other equipment, will be introduced here, and will likely have a big impact on Endgame. The direct tie-in will only be the end-credits scene I'd expect, but if you know nothing about this iteration of the character going into Endgame, you'll probably end up a bit lost. Especially if she plays as big a part as many are expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Apparently the
    Tesseract
    will be a plot point in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

The cat scene with Fury is nice. The flashbacks in the trailers don't spoil much, so that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Superbowl bit:

Sleek Modern Website put up on this here interwebs I hear the younguns do be surfketeering :)
    https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So if it comes out in the U.S on March 8th, would I be correct in assuming it'll be out in Ireland on March 6th?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So if it comes out in the U.S on March 8th, would I be correct in assuming it'll be out in Ireland on March 6th?

Release info here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154664/releaseinfo

We're not usually listed. I think we get the same date as the UK 8th

Tickets are available at the moment for that date. (midnight on 7th)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gollar

How can Brie claim to be a empowered woman , fighting for justice for females and then have a body double?
    is she two faced, say one thing and do another
    “Body/Butt Double” for a Marvel project. The description reads, “Looking for a female who appears to be Caucasian, 20’s-30’s. Height 5’2 – 5’4, Bust 32B – 32D, waist 25 – 27, hips 36 – 38, dress size 0-4. Hair color: BLONDE.” It goes on to state that applicants must submit a “full body shot of your backside (wearing ALL BLACK, leggings or yoga pants- must be form fitting).

Now thats real girl power, pushing unrealistic body images on young girls

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt with your query.

How do you know that those arent Brie's measurements that they are looking to match?

What would you have her do, have a body double that looks nothing like her?

Pter wrote: »
    Lets give you the benefit of the doubt with your query.

How do you know that those arent Brie's measurements that they are looking to match?

What would you have her do, have a body double that looks nothing like her?

A quick google will show you all you need to know, i can't post links or photos.
    Brie has a flat manly ass, why is she getting a butt double?
    She is all about strong women, girl power, and here is she with classic double standards, putting false ideals in the heads of young impressionable girls, shame on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Really streching to find outrage nowadays.

A quick google of her measurements says they are asking for more or less what she is. You can eyeball it all you want; i dont think there is anything in what you are saying beyond wanting her to be a hypocrite for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This was not the exchange I was expecting when I clicked on the thread

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Probably because she has memory issues. She's clearly not entirely sure of herself at all times. The way she appears in the trailers puts me in mind of how Carol read when she was living with the X-men in the early 80s. At that point she had most of her basic memories but very limited emotional connection to them. She was comfortable in her 'warrior' persona but wasn't really in touch with the rest of her personality. She seems the same here.

A quick google of her measurements says they are asking for more or less what she is. You can eyeball it all you want; i dont think there is anything in what you are saying beyond wanting her to be a hypocrite for some reason.

Of course she is a hypocrite!
    All about feminism, body positive, girl power and so on.
    Why does she need a butt double?
    Does she believe there is something wrong with her butt?
    If so, what is wrong with it that she need a butt double?
    What message does this sent to young girls, your heroine is unhappy in her skin and needs a butt double, what chance does a ordinary woman have?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gollar wrote: »
    What message does this sent to young girls, your heroine is unhappy in her skin and needs a butt double, what chance does a ordinary woman have?

There honestly isn't enough rolley eyes in the world for this. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Can we see the source you are quoting?

AFAIK this is standard industry speak; I dont know why she would want one or need one, or even if its her in charge of that decision; but my mind doesnt instantly jump to the concluson she is a hypocrite. Why does yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Of course she is a hypocrite!
    All about feminism, body positive, girl power and so on.
    Why does she need a butt double?
    Does she believe there is something wrong with her butt?
    If so, what is wrong with it that she need a butt double?
    What message does this sent to you girls, your heroine is unhappy in her skin and needs a butt double, what chance does a ordinary woman have?

They want the body double to resemble Brie. If you think Kim Kardashian's spacehopper arsé could would be a good double for Brie you dont understand what a double is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is a wind up isn't it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

FN hope so.

Can we see the source you are quoting?

AFAIK this is standard industry speak; I dont know why she would want one or need one, or even if its her in charge of that decision; but my mind doesnt instantly jump to the concluson she is a hypocrite. Why does yours?
    Google Brie Larson butt double, plenty of results
    imgur.com/gallery/RUl2Su1
    She has no butt, no different from many other women, so why is she having a butt double, what type of message does this sent to you girls?
    She has been very active on social media promoting feminism and girl power, as someone who has suffered from a eating disorder in the past i find it incredible that she is so two faced about women being body positive, she is a fraud who has sold out for money, shame on her.

So no link then.

Loughc wrote: »
    FN hope so.

Typical male view point, completely oblivious to the issues, as long as the woman looks good in skin tight lycra too hell with impressionable young girls.

So no link then.

Can a new poster post a link?
    yes/no
    can you not type or copy paste brie larson butt double in the address bar on web browser and view the resulting links

1) If you cant substantiate your points with links because you are new, maybe get your post count up enough to do so before starting a discussion.
    2) No way im typing that into my computer at work. For security reasons, if not also because it wont give me the exact source you are quoting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How can Brie claim to be a empowered woman , fighting for justice for females and then have a body double?
    is she two faced, say one thing and do another
    “Body/Butt Double” for a Marvel project. The description reads, “Looking for a female who appears to be Caucasian, 20’s-30’s. Height 5’2 – 5’4, Bust 32B – 32D, waist 25 – 27, hips 36 – 38, dress size 0-4. Hair color: BLONDE.” It goes on to state that applicants must submit a “full body shot of your backside (wearing ALL BLACK, leggings or yoga pants- must be form fitting).

Now thats real girl power, pushing unrealistic body images on young girls

That's too short to be a double for Brie, who is at least 5' 7". Must be for someone else. Johansson maybe.

Advertisement