Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Anywhere cheap to buy PlayStation plus at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, a few games into DAS and it's very meh. There's a good game there, but right now it's meh. Good that you can earn the credits in game, but crap you have to pay for challenge series. Not sure how other F2P games do this, but that seems a bit scummy. Already covered in MT's but all cosmetic, and even then the cosmetics are just a paint finish and don't actually change the look of your character. No doubt that'll come down the line, but right now I don't see any reason to spend the in game credits. Plus, I got 7th last night and got nothing, 5th tonight and got 1000. Seems random or you're just out of luck below a certain position.

I'll keep at it randomly to see how it progresses. It's a lovely looking game, and the mechanics seem solid but can't get used to the jumping over cars. Can be hard to score points too. It's free though, so can't really complain. If they put the effort behind this, they could come up with a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Played the first part of Control but can't see myself giving it a 2nd playthrough even though i loved it first time around. Doubt I'll ever get to the dlc unless I'm really stuck for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Concrete Genie is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started downloading Control. Is there a reason for it having 2 downloads? Have Control Ultimate Edition and Control on the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just started downloading Control. Is there a reason for it having 2 downloads? Have Control Ultimate Edition and Control on the queue.

Powered on the PS5 to check, went into Library, PS Plus, selected Control Ultimate Edition, clicked the 3 dots to ensure it was the PS5 version (changed to the other one and back again just to be sure), Download. Only 1 file started downloading - Ultimate.

Looks like the other one is the PS4 version because if I select that option from the 3 dots it switches to the other one in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

donegal. wrote: »
    Anywhere cheap to buy PlayStation plus at the moment?
    Looking too if anyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looks like the other one is the PS4 version because if I select that option from the 3 dots it switches to the other one in the queue

Have you installed the new system update for PS5 today? It gets rid of this stupid issue of it installing the PS4 version alongside the updated PS5 version.

Only saw it there to be installed after adding Control. So it's installed now. Will cancel the PS4 version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Can anyone help me with this please, which has probably been done to death but I can't find a definitive answer.

If I set up my PS account to Canada (living in Ireland), buy PS Plus from CDKEYS, what are the negatives? Can I play with Irish friends, do I need a VPN, can I download/purchase and play games etc. Is there any downside other than having to buy again from CDKEYS next Feb

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Trying to download Destruction All Stars and keep getting an error stating “Something went wrong”. CE-107857-8. Anyone know what this is?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Trying to download Destruction All Stars and keep getting an error stating “Something went wrong”. CE-107857-8. Anyone know what this is?

Goggle it, answer is in the first three results

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I can't for the life of me fathom how Destruction All-Stars was ever considered a full price launch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I can't for the life of me fathom how Destruction All-Stars was ever considered a full price launch game.

There's definitely an excellent game hiding in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah I think Sony must have realized that too and smartly moved it to a PsPlus game. Can only imagine the fallout they would have gotten if they launched it at full price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

There's definitely an excellent game hiding in there.

It must be hidden really really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

petes wrote: »
    It must be hidden really really well.

I've played it a bit over the last few days and have enjoyed it. Obviously it's still lacking a lot and no chance I'd have paid €80 for it but there's definitely potential there for it to end up like rocket league etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I've played it a bit over the last few days and have enjoyed it. Obviously it's still lacking a lot and no chance I'd have paid €80 for it but there's definitely potential there for it to end up like rocket league etc.

Yeah it's a €20/€30 game at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Yeah, if even that.

I didn't have a PS5 when bugsnax was on offer. Would people recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

puzl wrote: »
    Yeah, if even that.

It's similar to destruction all-stars, grand to kill a couple of hours but would I have bought it for €15~, not a hope.

Yeah, if even that.

My daughter adores it and has played it through 3 times, not for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Yeah, if even that.

Does have some charm, reminded me a wee bit of Ape Escape. That charm wore off for me after an hour or so though and not been back to it since, nice to try for free but glad I didn't pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Any good offers for ps+ at the moment?

March PsPlus should be announced at around 4.30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

March PsPlus should be announced at around 4.30 today.

Wonder will they keep the 2 PS4 / 1 Ps 5 format?

Or is Destruction All Stars (leaving April 6th) filling in the PS5 slot this month too?

Niska wrote: »
    Wonder will they keep the 2 PS4 / 1 Ps 5 format?

Or is Destruction All Stars (leaving April 6th) filling in the PS5 slot this month too?
    I think they will , having the PS5 being a brand new game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

I think they will , having the PS5 being a brand new game

I'm leaning that way , too.

Maquette is released next Tuesday (2nd) and it's profile seems similar enough to Bugsnax and Worms for day 1 PS Plus release.

https://annapurnainteractive.com/games/maquette

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read a rumour it will be disco Elysium for PS5 as that's due out in march with no release date or preorder up yet and now i have set my expectations stupidly high.

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll announce the games on the State of Play tomorrow

Advertisement