Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ANY of the latest Virgin ads with that smug basterd DB , stalking rich families in designer houses with perfect lives.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

optogirl wrote: »
    The one where the fella thinks his Da's antique watch has been stolen only to be DELIGHTED to discover his girlfriend, on a fashion whim, has decided to wear it out. She didn't bother asking him. Even though apparently the sentimental value is through the roof, it's the first thing he looks for after a burglary, it means that much to him. Ha, ha, isn't she a ticket!

So it basically was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ANY of the latest Virgin ads with that smug basterd DB , stalking rich families in designer houses with perfect lives.......

They ads are so bad that I think most people don't get the company right, for ages I though he as advertising eir.

vodafone are systemically destroy there competition by making bad ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

You know that necklace? The one that belonged to your grandmother... and then he spun me around and...

I love malteasers. Who doesn't? But who would waste them in that manner? Like just spin them off the table? Irritating.

Also, if Greys Anatomy has taught me anything, its that doctors aren't coy about their sexual deeds at lunchtime. You never hear Meredith Grey say she can't remember what she did with some fella last night.

The under current of that gets kind of rapey the more you watch it.

Like she's a nurse-sounds like she might have roofied him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Did somebody say just eat?

No. No they did not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Did somebody say just eat?

No. No they did not!

LOL I know this is the UK Just Eat pledges to remove all restaurants with zero hygiene rating from platform but that sets the standard so low that you really don't want the food.

Edit> Well maybe after 12 pints you'd consider it :)

my3cents wrote: »
    LOL I know this is the UK Just Eat pledges to remove all restaurants with zero hygiene rating from platform but that sets the standard so low that you really don't want the food.

Edit> Well maybe after 12 pints you'd consider it :)

I'd rather not risk it-no point spending your week on the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Elmo wrote: »
    They ads are so bad that I think most people don't get the company right, for ages I though he as advertising eir.

vodafone are systemically destroy there competition by making bad ads.

Ahh...I thought they were Virgin too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ahh...I thought they were Virgin too...

Yeah..its funny that you hate an ad so much that you dont realise what or who its for......maybe thats the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

blueser wrote: »
    I see the RSA Portarlington ad is back on yet again. Now don't get me wrong; the pain that family must be living through is unimaginable. They have my utmost sympathy. But that ad must be at least 4 or 5 years old now. There must be a danger of compassion fatigue with a percentage of viewers. I don't "despise" the ad (far from it), but perhaps it's time for the RSA to invest in a few new ads.

They don't want your compassion. They want you to see the horror that arises from drink driving and decide not to drink drive.

Those stupid Hyundai ads. If it’s not bad enough they’re slow AF diesels cars. Hyundai and Kia really are cars for people stuck in boring public service jobs and who take medication for erectile dysfunction.
    Or maybe for people who've realised that average speeds in traffic are around 10-20 kmph, so the car ad dream of the wide open road is a myth?

And it doesn't tell us how much space we need to leave for cyclists on the pavement
    Probably less space than you need to leave for cars, vans and truck on the pavement.

https://twitter.com/search?f=images&vertical=default&q=%23makewayday&src=typd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

'3's guide to commonly misused words'.. "starving", translation "im kinda hungry", "literally" example "im literally starving".

What the f*ck are you on about?

The most convoluted and irritating concept. How it has lasted so long I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I saw an ad, I think it was on More4, a woman in the bath, and her husband on the toilet, and some eejit talking to the two of them. I can't remember the product.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I saw an ad, I think it was on More4, a woman in the bath, and her husband on the toilet, and some eejit talking to the two of them. I can't remember the product.

How can you have missed the Hotels.com "Captain Obvious" adverts?

This is the one you don't remember https://www.shootonline.com/video/cpb-director-jj-adler-captain-obvious-find-romance%C2%A0-bathroom-hotelscom .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

They don't want your compassion. They want you to see the horror that arises from drink driving and decide not to drink drive.
    And we have seen it. Countless times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The Happy Pear are now taking over Supervalu.
    I'm not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

CH3OH wrote: »
    The Happy Pear

Or as Ross O’Carroll-Kelly calls them, “Vegward”

RTE player have a new advert with Jennifer.

Not even gonna type her full name, y'all know Jennifer. The Music in the background is 'Toxic by Britney Spears'.

Yep, that's what you want associated with your name-Toxic... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great job, RTE... great job... wonder who got promoted for that sh*te.

Central parks, we are going to have an Irish voice over on our **** English ads.

Heineken 0% ads

The one with the actor learning her lines and the one where the girl in the gym walks into the men's changing room!

Heineken 4.5% piss drink driving ad

So in fairness its a smart ad, older F1 drivers go for a drink, one current F1 driver is asked are you not drinking and he replies "I'm Still Driving" But couldn't you have used this as your 0% ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

RTE player have a new advert with Jennifer.

Not even gonna type her full name, y'all know Jennifer. The Music in the background is 'Toxic by Britney Spears'.

Yep, that's what you want associated with your name-Toxic... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great job, RTE... great job... wonder who got promoted for that sh*te.

Just saw it .Can't stand her. What does she mumble at the very end? Sounds like shes talking with her mouth full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I dunno what it is that annoys me so much about that hair ad with Celion Dion in it.
    Could it be that awful version of an already awful and overplayed song???

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

McDonalds, making shoite ads since (at least) 1998.

McDonalds, making shoite ads since (at least) 1998.

Same shoite food too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

"Tangan Haka" :confused::confused::confused:

Is it not Tonga/Tongan Haka?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The new lidl ad is awful. The ending where it shows the old lady sticking her finger into the pot of jam or honey or whatever it is and then sucking on it makes me feel sick. As well as being horrible to watch it’s also unhygienic. Could she not use a spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Does that child still not know what frangipan is . Jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That Eir ad with the three thirty something nerds on the sofa getting beaten by "yawn" a woman in gym gear.. mother of jaysus can someone pleeese change the record!!!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That Eir ad with the three thirty something nerds on the sofa getting beaten by "yawn" a woman in gym gear.. mother of jaysus can someone pleeese change the record!!!

It's Peter Stringer, Gordon Murphy and company-hardly nerds.

If anything, they're faux-nerds. They're rugby legends, not nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's Peter Stringer, Gordon Murphy and company-hardly nerds.

If anything, they're faux-nerds. They're rugby legends, not nerds.

Such legends you got 1 right out of 3! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

CoBo55 wrote: »

Thick fooks couldn't figure out who she was by her username either. And she playing the game in the same room as them.

Advertisement