Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Add David Gray's "This Year's Love" to that list too.

Was that ever any good?

David Gray music is like getting your ears violated by a jackhammer, directly into the brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The guy on the 3 ad turning Huawei from two to three syllables... "Hoo-wah-way". Jeebus!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ive read about the Tesco ad with the two women on the bench and one looking through the telescope, on here.
    I only just saw it yesterday. WTF is it all about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

The guy in the Permanent TSB ad reminds me of Aidan Gillen's character from Game Of Thrones. He looks dodgy even for a banker. Weird, creepy ad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ive read about the Tesco ad with the two women on the bench and one looking through the telescope, on here.

Awful crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

Basq wrote: »
    "I didn't know Oral-B did a toothpaste!!!!"

The clues in the name of the company.. what d'ya think Oral-B did - tarmac your driveway? You f*cking donkey!

"A toothpaste inspired by dentists."

I'd rather a toothpaste inspired by teeth, tbh.

It is what it's.

"Daisy daisy daisy daisy."

:-|

---

Another perfume ad:

I LO PROVE IT VE YOU. Followed by half a minute of pointless flailing which they could have used better to edit the first five words of the ad. Followed by an overly close-up: "What would you do?".

I'd dump the bastard.

It is what it's.

The Sainsbury's ad with a lad on the phone to his mam.

"Aww it's nearly Christmas."

Mam: "Yeah, first one without your dad. He's dead now."

"Fun times. Remember when he wasn't dead."

Mam: "Yeah."

(Something along those lines anyway. Someone in marketing thought it was a great idea.)

It is what it's.

Ok I'll stop after this...

We all really need a thousand quid phone and a 5G plan for...

This:
    EE%20rita%20ora.jpg?w=990

A further analysis of that ad here.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

oneweb wrote: »
    Ok I'll stop after this...

We all really need a thousand quid phone and a 5G plan for...

This:
    EE%20rita%20ora.jpg?w=990

A further analysis of that ad here.
    I thought for a second that was Catherine Thomas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Awful crap.

I wonder if companies realise that sometimes ads are so rubbish that they actually discourage customers from buying a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I wonder if companies realise that sometimes ads are so rubbish that they actually discourage customers from buying a product.

It comes across like the two on the bench are meeting up for illicit lesbian dogging but they have to communicate in code to not give the game away, yer wan looking through the telescope is the partner of one of them and Is stalking her because she suspects something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Cripes.... that sent a cold chill down my spine. She certainly was everywhere during the lockdown.

It comes across like the two on the bench are meeting up for illicit lesbian dogging but they have to communicate in code to not give the game away, yer wan looking through the telescope is the partner of one of them and Is stalking her because she suspects something.

:D

The great thing about this thread is it makes me laugh so the ads become marginally less annoying when i see them and I think of comments here.

That one gets around more than the 'virus. Feck sake she even hounded ya at the security queue at Dublin Airport. Make it STOPPPPP :pac:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Altough I love the “ Is he really coming “ I think it’s overused now
    When it came on once again during the News we both shouted Yes he IS coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ollaetta

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I hate a lot of ads but it's rare that one makes me change the channel or mute the TV. This is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

“Granddad, I knew you’d come”. You lying little git. If you knew he’d come why were you pestering everyone ? “Is he really coming ?”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭optogirl

'Robbie. Card for you' That Dad gives me the creeps

Last night it was on twice IN THE SAME AD BREAK :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Last night it was on twice IN THE SAME AD BREAK :mad::mad::mad:

It's sickening at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

I like to think that at the end when grandad walks in, he looks up half jarred, sees the kid and think, ah for f*cks sake, I deliberately stayed in the pub til you were in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭Comhrá

". . .The other driver was drunk" is back yet again.

It has been thrashed endlessly over the past several years to the extent that the RSA were asked to give it a rest, but no, they insist on inflicting it on everyone over and over.

It's insufferable at this stage. It's effect at this stage is solely to annoy viewers.

• Whats the deal with the anti-prostitution ads constantly on the radio?

Wedontbuyit.eu.

Sounds like a brexit/leaver website.

I'm kind of befuddled how people get caught too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The Idris Elba Sky Christmas Ad. Is he desperate for work?
    They should have at least dubbed it with someone who can sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Asda guy.

This f*ck seems to be on a new Asda ad every two weeks. He was just in two different Asda ads in the same damn ad break. I can't even remember any Asda ads from before he started doing them. Him and his needlessly over-exaggerated arsepat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The teeth ad where the English girl with LED-bright teeth shouts out "bum", then "hips" and then bites into an apple and tells us to buy teeth whitening toothpaste....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The bank of ireland ad featuring Baz Whammy, encouraging us to be careful of fraud. Hmmm. Tracker mortgage scandal,anyone??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The Hertz ad is ridiculous. Woman in car that has blatantly ignored servicing her car as the car has reminded her on the dashboard and is then shocked and angry when it breaks down.

• Advertisement

Perfume ad with Ryan Reynolds and a lady. They are developing photos in a dark room, then they both run up onto the roof.
    Just as the ad ends they are both about to jump off :eek:
    Is it a suicide pact or something? It makes no sense.

Advertisement