Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

crazy 88 wrote: »
    They still do that in fairness. Not so much through O'Leary these days though. They have had some other O'Leary clone doing interviews on the radio recently spouting anti lockdown propaganda and how full planes would be no problem

Heard that knob on the radio the other day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

In that Lotto ad where a water slide has been installed around an apartment block, is it not dangerous given that the water can touch electrical equipment, how long before the whole place is up in flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

plodder wrote: »
    I liked it too. Though you normally have to take anything Ryanair says with a pinch of salt, the fact you can rebook at no cost if things don't work out, kind of makes sense imo.

Theres no change of flight fee but your 29.99 flight to Spain in May might be 150 euro when you go rebook it for Augsust or September, thats the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Tesco mobile with those two people sitting on a bench

Thats one annoying ad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,715 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Theres no change of flight fee but your 29.99 flight to Spain in May might be 150 euro when you go rebook it for Augsust or September, thats the trick

If you need to change you can accept a voucher for the value of the flight which can be used for any flight in the following year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

That stupid "vax and go" ad....seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

"mom..no screens at the table.".....the sound of a hard slap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The tooth fairy ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

That PTSB advert where you're one is having an affair with little finger (bank manager).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Malteasers ad, two women yapping about a broken necklace.
    Switch stations straight away.

No more malteasers shall I buy.

• Advertisement

"mom..no screens at the table.".....the sound of a hard slap.....

Another one needs it it’s the smartarse frizzy haired kid where yer man is looking for the payslip or something. Cleaning up milk with a document, she should be being peeled off the far wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

Dad and mates drumming in garage.

Daughter barges in.

"Keep it down, dad"

Dad tishes drum.

"Not funny" [angry face]

--

If I was him I'd then have advised her
    "Rent's due every Friday, market rate. You entitled little s.o.b"

It is what it's.

Sunset juice, clearly a direct-from-the-States ad, with gawdawful smiley ppl bouncing around the place like proper twats.

It is what it's.

The mortgage ad with yer wan (who in a previous ad asked herself a bunch of questions) where they end up having a threesome with the finance guy. Or the finance guy arrives at the house to find the thirdsome.

It is what it's.

Christmas savings scheme. Every year from 00:01 on the 26th of December.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I see that cringey prune juice ad is back on the box. A load of smug looking, wholesome holed yanks pretending they like the sh*te.

They must think we'll drink f**kin' anything bar the drink itself during Dry January.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That 'Government of Ireland' ad for Covid restrictions on the radio, the female voice on it is like your nagging old bag of an aunt telling you to stay at home. They are trying to nag us into submission now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That 'Government of Ireland' ad for Covid restrictions on the radio, the female voice on it is like your nagging old bag of an aunt telling you to stay at home. They are trying to nag us into submission now.
    That drives me mad :mad: What the fcuk was wrong with 'Irish Government'?

Marathon...Snickers...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Or since we are living in Ireland, the Government.

Having "saved Xmas", I guess it's only a matter of time they start labelling themselves "our leaders", or "our elders and betters". (Not.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

"our weather's not super, but that's ok, our milk is".

Not the worst but its been on for so long and it's getting annoying.

• The Aldi ad with the family from Leitrim.

Aside from the fact that we know no-one actually lives in Leitrim, the first 37 times I saw it I thought it was a dad with 2 daughters and a son. That wife is very young looking to have two late teenage kids.

The humour feels a bit forced.

"We try to work out three times a week". Hmm, growing up in rural Galway, theres lads around me who would consider that a light fitness regime.

• PsychoPete wrote: »
    Tesco mobile with those two people sitting on a bench

F&%king hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭chosen1

The Aldi ad with the family from Leitrim.

Aside from the fact that we know no-one actually lives in Leitrim, the first 37 times I saw it I thought it was a dad with 2 daughters and a son. That wife is very young looking to have two late teenage kids.

"We try to work out three times a week". Hmm, growing up in rural Galway, theres lads around me who would consider that a light fitness regime.

My main gripe with the Lidl and Aldi families is how they manage to make such huge savings?

Were they doing all their shopping in M&S or Donnybrook Fair before switching to Aldi?

My family of fours monthly shopping bill wouldn't be hugely over what these families are saving each month on their shopping bill. Is there somewhere they can justify these claims or are they completely made up?

chosen1 wrote: »
    My main gripe with the Lidl and Aldi families is how they manage to make such huge savings?

Were they doing all their shopping in M&S or Donnybrook Fair before switching to Aldi?

My family of fours monthly shopping bill wouldn't be hugely over what these families are saving each month on their shopping bill. Is there somewhere they can justify these claims or are they completely made up?

More than likely theyre getting more stuff for the same money...

• chosen1 wrote: »

I *could* theoretically do all my shopping in Laldi, but theres a few mainstream things I can't be without, sorry. Hellmans mayo not Brannigans. Denny gold medal sausages. I could save a load of money by drinking Laldi own brand Scotch at 14 euros a bottle, but no thanks, Jameson please. I suppose if these families are going with all Laldi stuff there are big savings to be made, but, it won't be for me.

Oh and a fillet steak from the butchers please, not a vacuum packed one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Aside from the fact that we know no-one actually lives in Leitrim
    Coffee meet screen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

That ad featuring Vogue Williams with her hideous trout pout going on about " the little sounds" she makes when tending to her baby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The Aldi ad with the family from Leitrim.

It's a desperate attempt to fool people into thinking they're an Irish company with the country families in all their ads. Lidl use the same tactics

• Advertisement

That ad featuring Vogue Williams with her hideous trout pout going on about " the little sounds" she makes when tending to her baby

Have i seen that one..??...what, she has a leaky bum or something..??

Advertisement