Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Have i seen that one..??...what, she has a leaky bum or something..??

Ant advt "featuring" Ms Williams will be Uber annoying...trust me ...

Has she come back from St.Barts yet....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ant advt "featuring" Ms Williams will be Uber annoying...trust me ...

Has she come back from St.Barts yet....?

She even has to make a 'cameo' in her boyfriend/ husband's Gin company advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Archeron

Some company, biscuit based I think, had a kind of cute ad with dad having a tea party with his daughter and her toys, then going on a zoom call wearing fairy wings. Nice enough ad.

Pg tips thought, oh that looks nice but instead of a nice little kid, let's get a condescending little mini greta thunberg to talk in a completely overly pronounced and non child like way about how other companies still use *traditional oil based plastic in teabags. Its unnatural, its preachy, its a terrible interpretation of the other ad, and it seems awful to use the concept to sell an idea in this way that a kid of this age more than likely wouldn't care about. I'm in my mid forties and it was this ad that taught me that there is plastic in teabags, so I doubt the fuzzy unicorn loving age of kids are losing sleep over it. Certainly not enough to call the soft toy version of the UN Council.

At the end of the ad, the little girl says something like.... "So simple anyone can do it, even you! " At this she glares at what appears to a scared dog being forced to wear a ribbon. First time I saw that, I actually said out loud, what the fcuk are you picking on him for???

Is this a modern version of the old fashioned Pg tips chimp tea party? Bleurgh. Sorry, a bit ranty because I've seen the stupid thing about five times tonight.

My only problem with that OG Tips/Lyons ad is staring at that dog trying to decide if it's real or a fake dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Archeron wrote: »
    Some company, biscuit based I think, had a kind of cute ad with dad having a tea party with his daughter and her toys, then going on a zoom call wearing fairy wings. Nice enough ad.

Pg tips thought, oh that looks nice but instead of a nice little kid, let's get a condescending little mini greta thunberg to talk in a completely overly pronounced and non child like way about how other companies still use *traditional oil based plastic in teabags. Its unnatural, its preachy, its a terrible interpretation of the other ad, and it seems awful to use the concept to sell an idea in this way that a kid of this age more than likely wouldn't care about. I'm in my mid forties and it was this ad that taught me that there is plastic in teabags, so I doubt the fuzzy unicorn loving age of kids are losing sleep over it. Certainly not enough to call the soft toy version of the UN Council.

At the end of the ad, the little girl says something like.... "So simple anyone can do it, even you! " At this she glares at what appears to a scared dog being forced to wear a ribbon. First time I saw that, I actually said out loud, what the fcuk are you picking on him for???

Is this a modern version of the old fashioned Pg tips chimp tea party? Bleurgh. Sorry, a bit ranty because I've seen the stupid thing about five times tonight.

No, you mentioned the G word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That ad featuring Vogue Williams with her hideous trout pout going on about " the little sounds" she makes when tending to her baby

How did any company think that woman would be the one to sell anything. Who looks at the ad and says "if Vogue uses it then it must be good"?

She is a nobody famous for marrying yer man from Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

.."Scotts home earrrrly.."............:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

.."Scotts home earrrrly.."............:mad:

The weird part* is what is peanut doing in the closet? Waiting to tag in?

*even weirder than a woman and a chocolate filled confectionery having an extra marital affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Why are they putting subtitles up for the woman speaking English in the anti racism ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

That Lenor ad " ya no' gettin this bak" where a variety of repulsive individuals swaddle themselves in white sheets.

• Advertisement

Why are they putting subtitles up for the woman speaking English in the anti racism ad?

I'm going to assume as it's a public service ad and it's for deaf viewers. But I did laugh just now when you pointed that out. Bit like how Derry Girls is subtitled anywhere outside the UK and Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭trashcan

Ha, yeah :D. I’d love to make a complaint about how racist that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

All those dreadful Covid 19 ad's have subtitles.

Saw an ad last night for the NHS..just showing sick peoples faces....something like.."look them in the eye and tell them youre doing everything you can....".....

brilliant and simple...
    btw...is there a "good ad" thread..?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

“No screens at the table Mum “

It drives me mad at this stage

• iamwhoiam wrote: »

The face the ma makes makes me want to punch the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Archeron wrote: »

The young girls voice is headwrecking, wtf accent is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Really annoying ad, from the ridiculous start "we are under attack, take cover", to the angelic faced brat who says the no screens bit, to the mothers infuriating Very Important Business at the table , to the indulgent dreamy smile she then bestows on that precocious brat. Awful stuff. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

That Lenor ad " ya no' gettin this bak" where a variety of repulsive individuals swaddle themselves in white sheets.

That does my tits in

• Registered Users Posts: 81,077 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Really annoying ad, from the ridiculous start "we are under attack, take cover", to the angelic faced brat who says the no screens bit, to the mothers infuriating Very Important Business at the table , to the indulgent dreamy smile she then bestows on that precocious brat. Awful stuff. :mad:

And the father sits at the table with zero involvement in the ad, was he done for the croyme of dishonestly operating a computer in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

There is an ad at present I think for SSE Airtricity that shows two grandparents enjoying a much better relationship with their grandkids after they switch electricity supplier. How have we never thought of this before - its the most obvious way possible for 8 and 9 year olds to get far more enjoyment from visiting granny and grandad......Sweet jeebus did they use up a free ad voucher with a marketing agency... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I have to mute the tv the minute it starts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Quazzie wrote: »
    The weird part* is what is peanut doing in the closet? Waiting to tag in?

*even weirder than a woman and a chocolate filled confectionery having an extra marital affair.

That never crossed my mind until someone mentioned it here. It IS a weird ad! 'Now the biting makes sense' WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

That ad about being in debt, where your one is in her kitchen and she's sinking under the water at the same time. As soon as the voiceover says something about we will help keep your head above water, her foot touches the floor, which makes it look like she has sank to the bottom. Then has a very relieved look on her face. Very confusing.

The young girls voice is headwrecking, wtf accent is that?

It's the way they're being taught to speak it seems...soon we,'ll have no identity, specially with Biden getting in.....
    I saw an interview with some school kids on rte yesterday...painful listening..I'd swear they're being taught to say "like" as often as possible.....do they teach grammer in school anymore.?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What sort of people would make an advert that bad?

This sort

Boys + Girls has rolled out a new campaign for Three that showcases the mobile phone operator’s flexible family plans which offer families increased savings on their mobile phone bills.

The heart-warming brand ad, which was directed by Dermot Malone of Banjoman, follows a variety of family members using connectivity in their own ways. The ad places a typical family situation at the core, showing how with Three’s family plan they can connect to what matters. However, when they’re together there’s a “no screens at the table” moment, as that’s the connection that matters most.

According to Aislinn O’Connor, director of marketing, Three Ireland: “At Three, we understand the importance of connectivity in family life. We realise that every family member may be using their connectivity in different ways. We created our family plans as a simple way for families to save on their monthly bill while they connect to the things that matter most to them.”

Kris Clarkin, creative director, Boys+Girls adds: “This commercial begins by transporting the viewer into the online worlds of each family member but ultimately ends with a beautiful moment of connection in the real world. We felt it was brave of the brand to elevate real family connection and we wanted to honour that with a piece that celebrates both our online and offline lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What sort of people would make an advert that bad?

This sort

"beautiful moment of connection" - spare me.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The face the ma makes makes me want to punch the tv.

All the other kids at the table co-operate without putting up any fight either. Like that would happen in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Acosta

"I'm cutting your hair tomorrow. Cry all you want, I don't care."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tim76 wrote: »
    "beautiful moment of connection" - spare me.

Such bollocks. :D

Interesting to see what rubbish goes through ad creator's minds to bring us the ads we hate.

Advertisement