Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That Lenor ad " ya no' gettin this bak" where a variety of repulsive individuals swaddle themselves in white sheets.

Worst of the lot for me is yer wan who pops up and goes "what's that?". So much annoying in so brief screen time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

Any ad overly-voiced by Jon Culshawwwwww.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

What's with all these 'Vegan' adverts?

Trying to guilt people into going vegan?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's the new "did you not go to Mass?"

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Veganuary. It'll all be over in a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Tim76 wrote: »
    Veganuary. It'll all be over in a couple of days.

Dry January and Veganuary??? In the same month?

JEsus, people will go crazy by February.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ryanairs Vax & Go/Jab & Go has been banned in the UK
    The ASA said it received more than 1,600 complaints about the advert, including that it was misleading to suggest the vaccine would be rolled out by the spring and that travel restrictions would be over.

Consumers also complained that the advert trivialised the pandemic’s impact on society.

The watchdog upheld the complaints, saying it was “likely that consumers would interpret the phrase ‘vax and go’/‘jab and go’ as an unequivocal endorsement of vaccinating and travelling unconditionally.” Ryanair has been told the campaign therefore cannot run in its current form.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-jab-and-go-advert-campaign-removed-asa-b1792142.html

• Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ryanair will be happy with the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Lenor ad " ya no' gettin this bak" where a variety of repulsive individuals swaddle themselves in white sheets.

**** the lot of them.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    What sort of people would make an advert that bad?

This sort

So the scumbag telecommunications company does care. Well I feel foolish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Every single new car ad ever. The same nonsense bilge about making a statement, saving the planet, protecting future generations, standing out from the crowd, or is it herd? etc. etc. ad nauseum. Fup off, I'm buying a bike.

• Advertisement

• That dreadful LidlAldi family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ollaetta wrote: »
    Every single new car ad ever. The same nonsense bilge about making a statement, saving the planet, protecting future generations, standing out from the crowd, or is it herd? etc. etc. ad nauseum. Fup off, I'm buying a bike.

Yes, and particularly bad is the Hyundai Tucson ad, telling us to "embrace new forms of energy", which is bvllsh1t because the Tucson (even the hybrid) is still a 100% fossil car. Hyundai, to their credit, do a couple of excellent electric cars, but the Tucson uses strictly either petrol or diesel, which are contributing to climate change.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the guy in the ad has this funny look on his face as he drives. It reminds me of when you're watching a film, and about 20 minutes from the end, the identity of the killer is revealed. The cops start looking for him and have to catch him in the nick of time because he's on his way to kill again. Well the guy in the ad has that look of a killer concentrating on getting to the scene of a murder before the cops can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Good ad's Bad ad's they don't care as you remember them so you will subconsciously remember the brand. Its an ad that no one remembers they do not want. I mean its 1 thread plus 465 posts on here about there ads

Good ad's Bad ad's they don't care as you remember them so you will subconsciously remember the brand. Its an ad that no one remembers they do not want. I mean its 1 thread plus 465 posts on here about there ads

Remember to boycott their products maybe. I can see how this approach may work in some instances but when bad ads are repeated ad nauseam, for years in some cases, it creates a negative link with the product being advertised.

I haven't eaten an M&M in about four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tim76 wrote: »
    Remember to boycott their products maybe. I can see how this approach may work in some instances but when bad ads are repeated ad nauseam, for years in some cases, it creates a negative link with the product being advertised.

I haven't eaten an M&M in about four years.

You boycott something because it is a bad ad!!! Now if it should something controversial I can see it but just because its bad?

Also your missing out on crispy M&M's. Gets no appearance in the ads

You boycott something because it is a bad ad!!! Now if it should something controversial I can see it but just because its bad?

Also your missing out on crispy M&M's. Gets no appearance in the ads

Small victories.

He's probably hiding under the bed!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The face the ma makes makes me want to punch the tv.

And when she is on the phone, the way she points at ...well, nothing... before the uber sickening line is uttered.

fricatus wrote: »
    Yes, and particularly bad is the Hyundai Tucson ad, telling us to "embrace new forms of energy", which is bvllsh1t because the Tucson (even the hybrid) is still a 100% fossil car. Hyundai, to their credit, do a couple of excellent electric cars, but the Tucson uses strictly either petrol or diesel, which are contributing to climate change.

Never mind that the electricity has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere more often than not is fossil fuel, something these glorified milk float lovers forget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Texaco art competition, who knew cows are male?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

A kids art competition sponsored by a humongous oil company....the winner will probably be a dolphin washed up on a beach covered in oil....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Townies.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The makers of this
    (It's an oldie)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

"Girlboss" recruitment ad for the Royal Navy with grime as the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

The makers of this
    (It's an oldie)

And the makers of this film --->

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

The Three 'fully grown adult male figure in the family has no task whatsoever in the modern world" ad needs to be banned, it's a bloody disgrace. I'd cancel every single piece of business with them if I had any, lol. If it was a female their offices would be blockaded.

The Three 'fully grown adult male figure in the family has no task whatsoever in the modern world" ad needs to be banned, it's a bloody disgrace. I'd cancel every single piece of business with them if I had any, lol. If it was a female their offices would be blockaded.

I thought he was cooking dinner, unless the little kid was doing the cooking?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Acosta wrote: »
    "I'm cutting your hair tomorrow. Cry all you want, I don't care."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A kids art competition sponsored by a humongous oil company....the winner will probably be a dolphin washed up on a beach covered in oil....:rolleyes:

:D

Reminds me of this burn from last year

o8qhst7u7qy31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Although i think Woodies should throw in that "Mrs Higgins" ad now and then...its like a hug....:o

Advertisement