Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

bad do or something? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

A continuation of the last thread which reached 10,000 posts.
    10,000+ posts, well done everyone. It's been fun. One of my gear grinders at the moment is the new KBC ad, two complete wallys standing at the door of their car in the driveway espousing the benefits of KBC and how it, a bank!, will change your life and all your problems will be solved. Their voices, that script, equally stomach churning and head melting.

Agree, all bank ads are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for Always Pants Discreet with the woman with the fluffy hair telling the camera that nobody will know she's wearing them except her.
    She irritates me for some reason.

The Fixodent ad with the woman wobbling away on a CGI pair of dentures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Grant boiler ad is back. Let's all go and scrounge free heat off the old people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Grant boiler ad is back. Let's all go and scrounge free heat off the old people.

Is that the one where the boiler grows legs and runs away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

blueser wrote:
    I see that Chicago Town Pizza ad (the Glee-type one set in the storm drain) is back. Jesus wept. .

Yes, its a major feckin head wrecker. I assume it has returned because you can now win a pair of "Slice Shades", Jaysus wept a second time.

https://www.winsliceshades.com/shadeselfie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzCTGXDvP2A

The series of Renault Kadjar ads I find are very annoying. It started with the one where the dust comes into the cinema and then all the people run out through the "screen" to get to the car. WTF? I don't get it. Then there are another few featuring extreme sports, with the same annoying song, where the car is driving over terrain it would never be able to get in to or driving in a river as its being used for some sort of selfie camera nonsense. If you don't have this car you obviously cant do extreme sports or if you do then you will look like a twat unless you are in this yoke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8HqiqY0btU

It reminds me of this famous ad!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The Aldi ad with the young fella spouting ****e and then he meets big Paulie.What a bollox of an ad

The Energia ad, especially on radio. At first I thought it was President Higgins doing the voice-over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree- I just heard it about 2 minutes ago and you are so right!!!!
    The Energia ad, especially on radio. At first I thought it was President Higgins doing the voice-over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mentioned at the end of the old thread but that new debt help service advert with the woman "drowning in debt" seems WAY over the top and ironically, can't have been cheap to make either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That McCain's ad has the slogan "Now you're talking" I can imagine someone in Boards HQ rubbing their hands together and saying "Hello lawsuit"

Re the Energia ad, could it be Francis Brennan gone hyper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

The "we're not great..............we're total heroes" ad, Hewlett Packard I think. Gimpy crap from techies who think they are rock stars.

"I asked two girls to me debs"
    "I switched guys at mine, twice"
    "I brought me mammy!"

NO ONE ever did that! They went alone or didn't go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

All those radio ads just before the hour that go "It's almost two o'clock, time to ... go and get your tyres rebalanced / get hair implants / invade the middle east / do something else that has no relationship whatsoever to the current time"

MOH wrote: »
    All those radio ads just before the hour that go "It's almost two o'clock, time to ... go and get your tyres rebalanced / get hair implants / invade the middle east / do something else that has no relationship whatsoever to the current time"

Without fail makes me think of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_you_know_where_your_children_are%3F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

MOH wrote: »

Probably the worst of those ads, though, is the Noyeks Newmans ad on Radio Nova.

Not only does it begin "It's almost X o'clock, time to...", but it plays just before EVERY hour - and, of course, it's got THAT jingle. I won't sing it; you all know how it goes. ;)

I miss that DID electrical ad with the singing dishwasher.......it was so bad it was good.

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »

Is that the one where the boiler grows legs and runs away?
    No, haven't seen that one.

One of my gear grinders at the moment is the new KBC ad, two complete wallys standing at the door of their car in the driveway espousing the benefits of KBC and how it, a bank!, will change your life and all your problems will be solved. Their voices, that script, equally stomach churning and head melting.

DOH! , my bad, it was an AIG Insurance Ad, not KBC, sorry KBC!

The new Opel ad. The glare from Jurgen Klopps teeth could light up a small town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Oh god, I hate those Sh1tebags in the Chicago town pizza ad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

On the Irish channels anyway, it just seems to be either that God awful ad where some prick buys an island with lottery winnings, or else teenagers being rejected by girls in McDonald's ads. I wish you could install adblockers on televisions. My mother mutes the ads every time they come on, to enjoy the silence.

That euromillions ad, with the island bought by this guy. Feck off.

On the Irish channels anyway, it just seems to be either that God awful ad where some prick buys an island with lottery winnings, or else teenagers being rejected by girls in McDonald's ads. I wish you could install adblockers on televisions. My mother mutes the ads every time they come on, to enjoy the silence.

To be fair the McDonald's ads are class "gonna have a good day, and all my friends...." etc. Genius.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah FFS Vodafone have gone full circle back to the first pig ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ollaetta

ligerdub wrote: »
    To be fair the McDonald's ads are class "gonna have a good day, and all my friends...." etc. Genius.:D

Sorry, can't stand them. I want to hit that curly headed fella going up the pathway with a brick.

• Advertisement

ollaetta wrote: »
    Sorry, can't stand them. I want to hit that curly headed fella going up the pathway with a brick.

Ah no! They're funny! Also the guy is the spit of a friend of mine, so maybe that's why I find it so funny.

Advertisement