Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

ollaetta wrote: »
    Sorry, can't stand them. I want to hit that curly headed fella going up the pathway with a brick.
    The state of the head on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I said wrote: »
    The Aldi ad with the young fella spouting ****e and then he meets big Paulie.What a bollox of an ad

I hear that prick 10 times a day and it's now part of my psyche. If that was the aim, then hat's off to Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hear that prick 10 times a day and it's now part of my psyche. If that was the aim, then hat's off to Aldi.

Forced to watch this ad when using the RTE player.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

It's hurting me to even type this but we must never forget...

"Train tracks bitta cash ching ching dyeknowwhatimean?"

Aaaaargh, I hope that actress never got work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

It's hurting me to even type this but we must never forget...

"Train tracks bitta cash ching ching dyeknowwhatimean?"

Aaaaargh, I hope that actress never got work again.

I bumped into her years later. She was working serving food for a popular vendor in the farmers markets in Dublin. I think she's a friend of theirs. She was quality back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smithwicks trying to get in on the craft beer fad is a bit pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Thargor wrote: »

It's no worse than Heineken (Cute Hoor), Guinness (Hop House 13) and Bulmers (Clonmel 1650) doing it. And at least Smithwicks are up front about who's making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

That Health and Safety ad with Otto Pilot from Airplane! being squashed and transformed into a human for some reason. ZAZ never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

It has been mentioned before but deserves to be mentioned again - The profoundly annoying young fella Aldi Paul O'Connell ad. Really bad, makes me want to put a mug through the TV every time I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

That euromillions ad, with the island bought by this guy. Feck off.

See also the

"it's the foawrteenth time I've seen them on this tewer jackpawt"

F.O.A.D.

It's almost enough for me to stop buying lottery tickets, but I need that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

woejus wrote: »
    See also the

"it's the foawrteenth time I've seen them on this tewer jackpawt"

F.O.A.D.

It's almost enough for me to stop buying lottery tickets, but I need that money.

The Lottery is a tax on fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Thargor wrote: »

"Just like you we're in it for the love of it".

Well if that's the case why the **** are you charging for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The always ultra(or some such product)ad featuring sport-playing teenage girls claiming they were told to "give up"-no they weren't,makes teenage girls out to be weak and not capable...utter rubbish....(oh and if she's not playing aged 20 it'll be coz she's discovered boys,not because she's too weak or whatever lame stereotype they've tried to infer....)

Rant over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The brokeback mountain ad for Barry's tea.

jojofizzio wrote:
    The always ultra(or some such product)ad featuring sport-playing teenage girls claiming they were told to "give up"-no they weren't,makes teenage girls out to be weak and not capable...utter rubbish....(oh and if she's not playing aged 20 it'll be coz she's discovered boys,not because she's too weak or whatever lame stereotype they've tried to infer....)

Great call. I hate those ads, mainly because there seems to be an underlying assumption that people have that women can't do stuff, but "always" are there to correct that narrative. It plays a blinder at insulting women and somehow as a man I'm meant to feel someway to blame.

It's a load of hocum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

The Vodafone pig advert is back again.*cries* where he finds the pig...... why is it back??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    The Vodafone pig advert is back again.*cries* where he finds the pig...... why is it back??

That's a new pig, Sue has been turned into rashers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Avenmore super (lol) milk. The jingle (la,la, la, la, la, la) is catchy but crikey, it's on with no exaggeration, about 100 times per day!

I went to bed and couldn't properly sleep and the whole night in my head I was repeating la,la, la, la, la, la.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There is a serious mis-casting issue in that Paul O'Connell Lidl ad. I mean there's no way that young lad could inspire his team-mates with a speech, let alone make it onto a rugby field. He's fricking tiny. Looked terrified when Paul clasped his eyes on him at the end.

As for that coffee ad with Will.I.Am. They way he is "dancing" at the end holding the cup is so annoying. Makes me hate the coffee culture even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sligeach wrote: »

Not to mention creepy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ligerdub wrote: »
    I bumped into her years later. She was working serving food for a popular vendor in the farmers markets in Dublin. I think she's a friend of theirs. She was quality back in the day.

Any chance of a vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

Two new nominations:

1. The annoying little brat in the Paul O'Connell ad "if someone isn't filling a gap, you get on his case." Shut up you little sh1t. I just want O'Connell to slap him around the head at the end.

2. The smug git with his "Do I look like I have time for a headache ?" Piss off. Since when have you had to set aside time to have a headache ?

It says something that I couldn't tell you what either of those ads are for. Second one is some kind of headache tablet obviously.

Edit - just saw I'm not the first to mention the Paul O'Connell ad - turns out it's for Aldi.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Any chance of a vid?

I doubt it. It was an ad from about 15 years ago and the basic premise is "we'll approve anything you ask for, we'll get it back from you no problem". I'd say BoI are keen to get that ad erased from history given the problems faced later in the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the energia guinea-pig ad ....is that suppose to be Francis Brennan's voice??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The just eat ad.The big party with all the food, who paid for all that artery blocking crud.
    Not one overweight person among them real life me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

The disembodied mouth singing that painfully irritating "t-t-t-t-touch me, I wanna be touched" song from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

MICHAELLL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh god, I hate those Sh1tebags in the Chicago town pizza ad.

It's filmed in LA too which is soo stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Friend Reeeeequest!!!

Annoying on both TV and Radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

ligerdub wrote: »
    I doubt it. It was an ad from about 15 years ago and the basic premise is "we'll approve anything you ask for, we'll get it back from you no problem". I'd say BoI are keen to get that ad erased from history given the problems faced later in the decade.

Assuming this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA8le849s2k

Advertisement