Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

• 10-10-2016 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Any other June 2017 mammies to be out there?
    Just got my BFP today- due June 19th so very early days yet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

My dates are two weeks out so due very end of May but could be a june baby...

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

My dates are two weeks out so due very end of May but could be a june baby...

Congratulations.

Thanks congrats to you too! I suppose I could end up in July if I go over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Congrats briarpatch! I'm in the (largely dead) January thread, but love seeing these new threads pop up as it makes me feel like I'm getting closer!

Congrats briarpatch! I'm in the (largely dead) January thread, but love seeing these new threads pop up as it makes me feel like I'm getting closer!

Thanks! You must be into your final trimester now you lucky thing! It flys in from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Thanks! You must be into your final trimester now you lucky thing! It flys in from there!

Almost! I'm 25+5. Can't wait to just get the third trimester over with and have a baby in my arms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Hi all!
    I got a bfp last Sunday night - Clearblue Digital said Pregnant 1-2 Weeks! Went to doc last Tue & her test came up negative :( Had bloods done & got the results today & hcg level quite low so the nurse wants me to come in again on Friday to get bloods done again & hopefully hcg level should have risen quite a bit at that stage.
    My periods are very irregular (I have a 60day cycle!) So going by my last period which was the 6th of August I should be due the start of May but I know that its more likely the start of June! Exciting times ahead! I can't wait to do the blood test again in the docs & put my mind at ease! Think I will buy another clearblue this eve to see if it has changed to 3-4 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

So I used the same test and it said 1-2 weeks at 4 weeks (post missed period ) AND at 6 weeks
    Blood hCG levels meanwhile were doubling as expected
    I think it may have been to do with dilute urine as when I made sure I tested with a nice concentrated sample, it came up 3-4 weeks straight away
    Anyway - just don't panic if it stays 1-2 weeks is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

You may just have ovulated much later than you've estimated T1986, your luteal may be only 11 or 12 days long so fingers crossed your hormones have increased during the week.

I'm due around June 3rd but having lost a baby in July was tentative about joining in here until things were further along. Hard not to be excited though!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Hi everyone, congrats to you all on your new adventures! I got a positive last weds and am due 22nd June!
    Sorry for your loss Anndub, I miscarried last Dec so feel similar, I thought I wouldnt be able to enjoy another pregnancy but so far I've been feeling optimistic. We held off for a few months as we got married in April but thankfully it didn't take too long to conceive again. I'm so happy to be back on this journey again! :)

Ah more joiners at last congrats ladies! Sorry to hear about the miscarriages, fingers crossed for all of us this time. Has anyone booked into their hospital yet?

• Advertisement

Ah more joiners at last congrats ladies! Sorry to hear about the miscarriages, fingers crossed for all of us this time. Has anyone booked into their hospital yet?

Thanks Brian patch! I sent my form off to the Coombe on Friday, my doctor asked for an early scan so hopefully I'll hear soon :)

Thanks Briarpatch. Is this your first?

I had to be admitted last week for fluids as I've been horrendously sick so i think I was booked in then. If in don't get a letter in the next week I'm going to call in and check. I'm going semi private so waiting lists shouldn't be long.

No this is my second, my little boy will be 3 in November so it seems like ages since I was last pregnant but I do remember that I suffered terribly with the sickness until 22 weeks so I'm living in fear of it at the moment!
    I've booked into rotunda public again, already got my first appointment in the post for Dec 13th, counting down the days now!

I've been prescribed Cariban. I still feel permanently nauseous but it's stopped the vomiting which is a huge relief. So there is an antidote if you do get very ill again!
    I was hesitant about taking anything but I think malnutrition and dehydration is probably the worse of two evils in this instance!

Yes I knew someone who was pregnant at the same time as me last time and she was prescribed that but no-one would presribe it for me, I was never admitted though so perhaps they didn't consider me bad enough. Have you been told already that sickness is a great sign of a healthy baby?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Thanks Mrsmags16 & Anndub! I used another Clearblue Digital yesterday evening and it said 2-3 so I'm really happy with that (especially since I had drank an awful lot of water throughout the day so things were definitely well diluted!) It just gives me a bit of peace of mind before I get more bloods done on Friday.
    I got a letter last week with an apt in CUMH for the 4th of November. I'm fairly sure that it will be very early (periods very irregular so due date uncertain) but I'm lucky that I will be getting an early scan anyway! This is my second pregnancy, DS will be 3 in December so I'm like you Briarpatch it feels like AGES ago since the last time!
    Sorry to hear about the MC's. Heres hoping that we all have happy, healthy pregnancies this time around & we are all tearing our hair out this time next year trying to cope with new babies & the stress of it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Hi everyone, I'm due my first on June 11th so thought I'd join in...

Congratulations to everyone on their exciting news!!!!

anndub I also miscarried in July so it's all a bit surreal this time around. If I make it through this week (week 6) it will be longer than last time so it feels like my personal milestone. I'm hoping I let myself get properly excited after that.

Have you been told already that sickness is a great sign of a healthy baby?!

I had a constant trail of nurses to my bed in The Rotunda telling me how great it was :-)

Congrats Sadieg. I'm just gone 7 weeks. It'll be tomorrow week when I started to miscarry last time so this is my stressy week. Like yourself, I think I'll relax a lot when I get past that point.

T1986- That's great you have an appointment so early as they'll be able to give you an accurate date then if they scan you.

Sadie G- Welcome to the group!

AnnDub- I was so sick of hearing that last time, I don't believe it either I mean know so many people who have healthy babies that aren't sick at all and I also know of people who have miscarried who have terrible sickness so I have no faith in that saying!

Ladies I am absolutely starving constantly this time round, I never felt like this on my first, even after the sickness passed I never ate more than my normal amount and now I can't seem to keep myself full. The carbier the food the better, Im going to be mahoosive by the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tincha

Hi ladies,
    I'm pregnant with second one and need to finally go to a doctor to confirm same. Does anyone know gp that would have an ultrasound available? They had it in Customhouse Medical but rand them today and they said they do not do scan anymore...
    Anyone would recommend a decent gp in city centre or around Dublin 5, ideally with ultrasound?
    Congratulations to all of you!!!!

• Advertisement

tincha wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    I'm pregnant with second one and need to finally go to a doctor to confirm same. Does anyone know gp that would have an ultrasound available? They had it in Customhouse Medical but rand them today and they said they do not do scan anymore...
    Anyone would recommend a decent gp in city centre or around Dublin 5, ideally with ultrasound?
    Congratulations to all of you!!!!

Hi Tincha, congrats to you too. I don't know of any GP with an ultrasound but I like to use the Wellwoman clinic on liffey St when I need a city centre doc. It's a very calm office which I appreciate and the nurse in particular there was very kind the last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, I'm a poster elsewhere on boards but I'm posting anonymously here as I haven't gone public with my news yet! I'm due on 2 June with my first. I'm 40 and my doctor has made clear that the chances of miscarriage are considerable so I'm happy every time another weekly milestone rolls by. 8 weeks today!

I'm going semi-private but I've booked a private scan at the Merrion clinic next week just to confirm that everything's OK so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi girls, not sure if my sanity will let me post here but I'll try. We just found out a week ago that we're pregnant- due on June 22nd.

This will be my second baby, but my first son Max was stilllborn at 41+4 in Jan 2015. We've been trying to concieve his brother or sister ever since and we're had a variety of fertility treatments and investigations. We recently decided to try IVF and have been incredibly lucky that it's worked first time.

I'm beyond terrified but also so glad to here and feeling hopeful. I'll be very closely monitored and induced at 37/38 weeks so more likely a late May/ early June baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Wow thumpetye, the very best of luck!

Welcome ladies!
    Congratulations Thumpette so sorry to hear about little Max, I hope he's watching out for this little one for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I literally gasped with happiness for you Thumpette, I always remember following your story with beautiful Max. Huge congratulations. I hope you have a very uneventful and smooth pregnancy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oh Thumpette I'm so beyond thrilled for you. You've never left my mind since we were on the December thread together. Absolutely amazing news and no-one deserves it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Hi all, I am a long time user/ viewer of boards but I don't post all that often. I have a very strong feeling that I will be joining the June 17 club but I just can't take a test.
    Already have three amazing children aged 7, 5 and 4, and we tried for an awful lot of years to get the first. I have extreme Mammy guilt about having a baby, we are doing so well now. I just can't express the way I'm feeling now

So perhaps welcome Tigger1!

My nausea is setting in now and came close to vomiting at work today wish I could hibernate for the next few weeks!

• Advertisement

So perhaps welcome Tigger1!

My nausea is setting in now and came close to vomiting at work today wish I could hibernate for the next few weeks!

Me too BriarPatch! At least it's a 3day weekend! Have only had a few bouts of nausea so far, main symptoms have been fatigue and sore boobs and being more emotional than usual, I cried the other day over my bus being 45mins late, usually I'd just be fuming! Lol How is everyone else feeling?

Advertisement