Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Welcome to all the newcomers!

My m/s upped a gear at the weekend, even Cariban isn't working now. My GP wants me back in to the hospital for fluids. Decided to wait until morning, see can i sip myself back to semi-hydration tonight. I think work are starting to get slightly irked but so far I'm too unwell to care!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

I'm soooooooooooooooo tired!!!!! Absolutely wrecked lately! Would love to put my head down on the desk right now & nod off for the rest of the day! I have no sickness though & only mild nausea at times so I suppose I really shouldn't complain.
    Have my hospital appointment today week so I can't wait to get an idea of when I am actually due - I have downloaded the What to Expect app and Ovia app but when I'm not sure of my dates I don't know what week to be looking at!
    Hope all you other mammas to be are doing well. Did you end up having to go into hospital AnnDub?

Hi T1986,

Glad to hear you're not too sick. I went in yesterday, the usual fluids and stemitil injection. My dose of Cariban was increased to the max too so feeling a million times better today. Got to see the babies heartbeat which was wonderful. I'm measuring 8w2d which is bang on what I calculated.

Had a private scan booked for a few days time. I think we'll still go ahead with it as my husband wasn't with me yesterday and he'd like to see a bit more.

Hope everyone else is doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Hi all,
    lovely to see a busy thread! I was on a previous due date thread and it was like a ghost town.....I would say there were only this many posts in the entire 9 months of the thread!!
    Congrats to you all and wishing you all a wonderful pregnancy!
    This is my second pregnancy, I have an 11 month old girl and am just back to work full time. Exhausting alone nevermind pregnancy aswell. At the moment I'm like you T1986, no continuous sickness/nausea but I am constantly wrecked. Have an early scan on the 4th Nov, I'll be a day off 8 weeks. Lack of symptoms is worrying me as I was sick for 9 months solid on my last pregnancy. Due date is June 17th all going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Had my early scan last night. Measured 7 weeks 2 days which is just 2 days less than I had calculated. It's nice to have a more certain due date now of June 13th (well as certain as a due date can be....) Heard a strong heartbeat of 149 so feeling a lot happier and more comfortable now.

I'm also exhausted ladies, I'm sleeping about 9-10 hours a night and still yawning my way through the days. I guess it's not being helped by the lack of coffee, I was going to stick to the 200mg a day rule but I haven't been able to stomach it which can only be a good thing for baba.

I've spend my days in the office nibbling on crackers and drinking ginger tea, I'm sure I'm a dead giveaway to anyone who's been through this before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Well I'm definitely joining the June club! Went to get confirmed and the docs test was very faint and traces of blood in urine. Referred me to early pregnancy unit for scan with threatened early miscarriage! Now I had NO bleeding or spotting but just a tiny amount showed on the dipstick thing they use.
    If it was my first I would have been terrified but I knew all was ok. Scan showed sac and fetal pole, all as it should be. Very early days and back in two weeks to follow up.

It's amazing how feelings can change! Delighted now, will worry where to put the new bubs when the time comes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Went for my early scan on Wednesday, was so relieved to see something baby-shaped pop into view almost straight away! Since I had nothing but one positive home pregnancy test and very few symptoms until the last week or two, I had almost convinced myself that it was a mistake and that there'd be nothing there. Dates were nearly spot on and it was amazing to hear the little heartbeat.

Is anyone taking iodine supplements? One of my pregnancy apps sent me a scary email about the effects of inadequate iodine and I got an awful fright as I haven't been taking any. My GP never mentioned it and nor did the early pregnancy class I went to at Holles St. My GP had advised me not to take a pregnancy multivitamin as they contain iron and I get regular iron infusions due to past anaemia. So I've been taking nothing but folic acid. But when I read the email I immediately went out and bought a pregnancy multivitamin with lots of iodine. The amount of iron isn't huge so I hope it won't matter too much. Am going to ring the GP next week to see what she thinks.

It seems like every day there's something new to worry about - that's how it'll be for the next 20 years I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Can't help on the iodine tabs, I'm just taking pregnacare and folic acid. Need to try build up my iron as I always end up anaemic by about 6 months.
    It's great you could see baby! How far along are you?

I've even struggled to take folic acid for the last few weeks and I had to stop multivitamins a few days after my positive test. I was feeling very guilty about that but any doctor I've spoken to wasn't in any way concerned. One mentioned that most of the ground work is done long before you get pregnant due do most nutrients needed for the first few weeks being present in the yolk sac at after conception.

I think the pregnancy apps are great for monitoring changes week to week but I'd probably take their medical advice with a pinch of salt. So I really wouldn't worry azabujiban. If you think about it, most of us were born to mothers who knew nothing about folic acid, iodine or pregnancy multivitamins and we're all fine!

Totally agree, my doc told me folic acid was all I should be taking and perhaps some vitamin D if I don't think I'm getting enough in everyday diet but wasn't overly concerned about either.

• Advertisement

So I'm going public with the domino scheme holles street. I know there's no scan at the first app but does anyone know if they listen to the heartbeat or do anything to make sure there's still a baby growing in there?

I know I sound totally paranoid but if not I'll prob book another private scan for the 12 week mark so we can tell friends etc with a bit more ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

SadieG wrote: »
    So I'm going public with the domino scheme holles street. I know there's no scan at the first app but does anyone know if they listen to the heartbeat or do anything to make sure there's still a baby growing in there?

I know I sound totally paranoid but if not I'll prob book another private scan for the 12 week mark so we can tell friends etc with a bit more ease.

When I had my first appointment in the midwifery led unit off pearse street, they used a Doppler to listen to the heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

It has gotten very busy here! Congrats to all you ladies who have had scans great news so far, I'm debating getting an early scan myself as I didn't get one last time and regretted it, anyone recommend anywhere?
    @sadieg a friend of mine went public on he domino scheme in Holles st and she got a scan at her first appt but I heard it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

BriarPatch wrote: »
    It has gotten very busy here! Congrats to all you ladies who have had scans great news so far, I'm debating getting an early scan myself as I didn't get one last time and regretted it, anyone recommend anywhere?
    @sadieg a friend of mine went public on he domino scheme in Holles st and she got a scan at her first appt but I heard it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you get one!

Congrats to all on the scans! I have an early scan booked for next Weds in Merrion Fetal Health, my first appointment in the Coombe is at 12 weeks so can't wait that long! :) An early scan will hopefully bring some reassurance, I'm quite nervous and expect it to be very emotional as we found no heartbeat at the first scan on my first pregnancy at 11 weeks and would like to find out sooner rather than later. Feeling hopeful that all is ok as my symptoms are strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

Tigger1 wrote: »
    Well I'm definitely joining the June club! Went to get confirmed and the docs test was very faint and traces of blood in urine. Referred me to early pregnancy unit for scan with threatened early miscarriage! Now I had NO bleeding or spotting but just a tiny amount showed on the dipstick thing they use.
    If it was my first I would have been terrified but I knew all was ok. Scan showed sac and fetal pole, all as it should be. Very early days and back in two weeks to follow up.

It's amazing how feelings can change! Delighted now, will worry where to put the new bubs when the time comes!!

So delighted to hear your scan went ok! The doc said there was blood in my urine aswell, but didn't send me for scan. Just gave me a letter for a&e just in case. A little bit worried now!

How far along are you orangetaster85? If you're worried I'd probably just pick what's likely to be a quiet time and go to a&e and get your scan. The worry don't do you any good.

We can't give medical advice here but there are other things that can cause blood in urine, maybe up your fluid intake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

anndub wrote: »
    How far along are you orangetaster85? If you're worried I'd probably just pick what's likely to be a quiet time and go to a&e and get your scan. The worry don't do you any good.

We can't give medical advice here but there are other things that can cause blood in urine, maybe up your fluid intake too.

I'm only 6 weeks. I don't think I'll go for a scan because there not much they can do really. I've no bleeding or anything. My doctor just gave me a letter for a&e "just in case" so I'm not gonna start of my pregnancy worry about things that can't be helped. I'm just glad there's a good outcome to your story !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Had my scan yesterday and I am measuring 6weeks 5days! Delighted to see a heatbeat flickering away on the screen :) Told to come back on the 15th of December when I should be 12 weeks (which seems like a life time away). Estimated due date the 24th of June but wont be confirmed until the next scan.
    Hope everyone is feeling ok? I'm still tired but thankfully no other symptoms. Seriously need to get my diet sorted a bit better tho, have been piling on the pounds and now that I know I am only 6 weeks, I know my clothes shouldn't be as tight as they already are!

Great news t1986 you're only a few days after me and my clothes are very tight already! I'm dying to break out the maternity jeans but that would be a giveaway! I just feel so uncomfortable last weekend I was going around with my button undone as it was just toone painful otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Couldn't bear to wait till Tuesday for my scan so booked a private one today. Little bean is growing perfectly to dates and had a beautiful strong heartbeat of 149. Lots of tears and emotion- finally starting to realise this might happen! Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Hi all,

First time Boards poster so a little nervous -

I'm due 3rd June so just over 10 weeks gone at the moment. Only just found out due to having PCOS so it's a massive shock but super excited at the same time!

No morning sickness or anything but extreme tiredness so counting my blessings that it's gone so well so far!

It's exciting to hear everyone's stories as we're all going through this at the same time!!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Couldn't bear to wait till Tuesday for my scan so booked a private one today. Little bean is growing perfectly to dates and had a beautiful strong heartbeat of 149. Lots of tears and emotion- finally starting to realise this might happen! Xx

Congrats Thumpette!

Welcome RCK! I'm only 8 weeks today 10 weeks seems so far away to me!

Still battling the nausea and definitely have hormones flooding into me as I'm very sad for no reason. I was the same last time the sickness had me really depressed at times even though I should have been delighted!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Congrats Thumpette!

Welcome RCK! I'm only 8 weeks today 10 weeks seems so far away to me!

Still battling the nausea and definitely have hormones flooding into me as I'm very sad for no reason. I was the same last time the sickness had me really depressed at times even though I should have been delighted!

The last 3 weeks since I've found out have gone quite quick can't wait to get the 12 weeks and have another scan! So nervous with it all being my first but take one day at a time!

Thanks for all the advice on the iodine - I called my GP and she said she wouldn't be worried but to mention it at my first hospital appointment if I wanted more reassurance. In the meantime I've kept taking the Pregnacare and while they haven't helped my stomach (still feeling very nauseous and finding it difficult to eat as well), at least I feel I have all bases covered!

I'm at 10 and a half weeks now and have only put on one kilo since I got pregnant, but my clothes are so tight - I've already had to stop wearing half of them and if I wear trousers I have to use the elastic band trick!

Having told my parents and in-laws early on, the prospect of spreading the news doesn't really appeal to me - I'm already feeling a bit smothered by all the attention. I'm especially worried about work as I've just moved to a new section and don't know my new boss that well - hopefully she'll be understanding!

Congrats RCK 1406!

Had my booking appointment this morning, I was brought in early due to the miscarriage. I'm measuring 10w5d this morning which can't be right. I'd say I'm more like 10w3 but either way all looks good. The little guy was wriggling around like no bodies business and the heart is still beating good and strong. The nausea is definitely a little bit easier to bear today after getting good news! Still counting down the days until 12 weeks as I've decided I'll surely be feeling less ill by then!

Congrats RCK 1406!

Had my booking appointment this morning, I was brought in early due to the miscarriage. I'm measuring 10w5d this morning which can't be right. I'd say I'm more like 10w3 but either way all looks good. The little guy was wriggling around like no bodies business and the heart is still beating good and strong. The nausea is definitely a little bit easier to bear today after getting good news! Still counting down the days until 12 weeks as I've decided I'll surely be feeling less ill by then!
    Good news Ann!
    Did they change your due date by the 2 days or just leave it as it is?

They brought it forward to May 31st but as i said, I'm sceptical. I'm not convinced the measurements are that accurate at this stage so we'll see where I am when I go back in 3 weeks. How's your nausea Briarpatch?

They brought it forward to May 31st but as i said, I'm sceptical. I'm not convinced the measurements are that accurate at this stage so we'll see where I am when I go back in 3 weeks. How's your nausea Briarpatch?

Not too bad today, I mean it's there constantly but I haven't had to dash to a bathroom today so I'd class that as a good one! On my first at the booking appt they said I was only 10 weeks instead of 12 and I knew it was wrong as I knew the conception date so it really bugged me but at the 20 week scan they changed it back again!
    That's another reason why I want an early scan this time just to see how consistent the dates are!

Hi there fellow June 2017 Mums to be!

I am just gone 8 weeks with my first baby and first pregnancy. I am just wondering if there's anyone here that has advice re Public care in Limerick? My GP sent off the referral letter two weeks ago and I havent heard anything re scans appts etc. Is is normal not to hear until closer to the time? Is that at 12 weeks ish?
    I am toying with the idea of getting a private scan as well (very impatient and praying all ok), can anyone in Limerick area advise?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Hi there fellow June 2017 Mums to be!

I am just gone 8 weeks with my first baby and first pregnancy. I am just wondering if there's anyone here that has advice re Public care in Limerick? My GP sent off the referral letter two weeks ago and I havent heard anything re scans appts etc. Is is normal not to hear until closer to the time? Is that at 12 weeks ish?
    I am toying with the idea of getting a private scan as well (very impatient and praying all ok), can anyone in Limerick area advise?

Thanks in advance

I'm registered with Holles Street so might be different here but I rang them myself after my GP visit and registered my pregnancy then. They booked me in for my 12 week appointment but I went for a private scan at 7+5 to make sure all was ok and have another private scan booked in after my clinic appointment to make sure everything is ok before we start telling people!

Advertisement